2005 G35 X sedan gas gauge issue. - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • 2005 G35 X sedan gas gauge issue.

2005 G35 X sedan gas gauge issue.

Old 11-04-2017, 01:52 PM
2005 G35 X sedan gas gauge issue.

Question, I have had our G for about 5 years now and it has been a great car, lately we have noticed that the gas gauge jumps around, it will show 3/4 tank when itís almost empty, it changes each time you get in and start it. It will even fool the nav systems miles till empty prediction, my wife has run out of gas twice now. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue or knows a fix.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:46 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Perform the test procedure in the FSM to check the signal from the sender at the top connector of the fuel pump. I think it's 4-40 ohms on the secondary connector, 4-80 ohms on the primary. 4ohms for full tank, 40/80 if empty, might have those numbers backwards though.

If the fuel pump sender is working the issue is likely a problem with the combination meter but the signal can be verified at the harness on the back of it to verify it isn't a damaged wire.

The combination meter has a self test test you can perform, Google it, not 100% reliable to rule out the meter though. It just checks to see if the individual gauges work at all.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:17 PM
So do I need to pull the fuel pump our? I think I can access the top of the tank under the rear seat. I will google it. Thanks for the reply
Joe-
Old 11-04-2017, 07:38 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
No the harness is under the passenger seat on top of the fuel pump assembly, no need to remove the pump.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules