Differences between JDM Skyline 350GT coupe and USDM G35 coupe - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Differences between JDM Skyline 350GT coupe and USDM G35 coupe


Differences between JDM Skyline 350GT coupe and USDM G35 coupe

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Differences between JDM Skyline 350GT coupe and USDM G35 coupe

Hey guys. Iím in the process of planning out my mods for my coupe.

I donít plan to do anything major right now, just intake, exhaust, a cf hood and a decent bodykit.

Thing is my coupe is a JDM Skyline 350GT, and Iíll be ordering most of my parts from US based vendors, who would normally cater to the USDM coupes.

So my question is are there ANY differences at all in the engine/frame/chassis design between the G35 coupe and the Skyline 350GT coupe that you guys think may cause fitment or compatibility issues?

I would appreciate any and all advice, no matter how trivial. My car is right hand drive, thatís the only difference I really know about, not sure if that might cause any problems.

Thanks in advance guys. Pred.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2006
location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 445
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am pretty sure there is no difference, besides the name, maybe where the driver seat is, and some little things here and there, but im no mechanic.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:41 PM
O HELLA JDM's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (49)
Join Date: May 2006
location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 18,874
Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts
it should be pretty much the same.... maybe the tail lights.. could be different since the jdm one has a orange turn signal if im right... it should be all good though other than the badges and the left/right hand drive
Old 03-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2007
location: 916|SAC
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
same engine, just different badges, right hand drive, the front grille is different isnt it?...besides all that, i dont think theres any difference...
Old 03-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (6)
Join Date: Jan 2004
location: KB town - Kapiolani
Posts: 1,512
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
I would imagine the layout in the engine compartment is different. The master cylinder would be on the opposite side, and the battery too for that matter. So there might be subtle differences that aftermarket parts might not fit or need to be modified slightly for clearance since brake lines might be routed differently.....no big things but just minor inconveniences.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:28 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2006
location: surrey england
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking

quite a rew differences

the steering wheel/controls
the fuel/emmision system
different ecu
different flywheel (duel mass)
diferent dash board (no clock etc)
different shocks/springs (yours are softer)
different propshaft, on newer models (mine is carbon as standard)
different indicators (yellow)
different can-bus wires (lighting system)
different rear exhaust box
jdm, dont have sun roof's
no rear fog lights
front grill/badges
seat upholstry
tyres are different.
fuel neck restrictor
de-limiter is different.
clocks obviously read in kmh, but odo records in mph (crazy eh)
radio needs a band expander
front lights
the steering rack is totally different
as is the brake master cylinder (not just on the other side)
there are a few engine differences also, but nothing major.

plus the steering wheel is on the correct side on our cars
Old 03-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave
quite a rew differences

the steering wheel/controls
the fuel/emmision system
different ecu
different flywheel (duel mass)
diferent dash board (no clock etc)
different shocks/springs (yours are softer)
different propshaft, on newer models (mine is carbon as standard)
different indicators (yellow)
different can-bus wires (lighting system)
different rear exhaust box
jdm, dont have sun roof's
no rear fog lights
front grill/badges
seat upholstry
tyres are different.
fuel neck restrictor
de-limiter is different.
clocks obviously read in kmh, but odo records in mph (crazy eh)
radio needs a band expander
front lights
the steering rack is totally different
as is the brake master cylinder (not just on the other side)
there are a few engine differences also, but nothing major.

plus the steering wheel is on the correct side on our cars
Wow, thanks for that man. There are far more differences than I thought!

There is only one that I disagree with though, my 350GT has a sunroof and Iíve seen quite a few others with sunroofs as well

Looks like there are no differences in the body/frame though, so Iím sure I wont have any issues with a bodykit and cf hood from a USDM vendor, correct? You also mentioned a difference in the front lights, could you elaborate on that?

Do you guys think any of the differences youíve listed so far will cause fitment issues with a Z-tube/K&N combo and an HKS hi power exhaust?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:16 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2006
location: surrey england
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
when you say your 350gt has a sunroof? is it right hand drive then?
as only left hand drive cars (infinity) came with sun roofs from the factory?

the headlight bit was a bit of a joke...as they point (dip) the other way (sorry)

i have just read (properly) your first post, and see it is right hand drive, was it an import from japan, or specificaly ordered as RHD for export?
as the info i had was only infiniti's had sunroofs (unless you specialy ordered one)

but ive been wrong before

Last edited by Dr Dave; 03-24-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave

i have just read (properly) your first post, and see it is right hand drive, was it an import from japan
yep, its a Japanese Domestic model CPV35 350 GT Premium edition. Right hand drive import from Japan.

i think all the Premium package JDM models come with sunroof, at least all the ones i've seen.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2006
location: surrey england
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
all the RHD JDM imports here dont have a sunroof, the premium spec ones imported have brembo's, sat nav, leather, dark rear glass, and the spoiler pack.
the basic ones have no bose hi-fi either, and no heated seats, and some had smaller wheels.
if you PM me your email address, ill send you the photo file of my car, she is heavely modified, including full kit and LSD doors, with AP racing brakes, full forged APS engine, and vortex supercharger. carbon bonnet/boot/propshaft, and titanium exhaust.
there are only 47 of these cars in England, and mine is the most modified, most are standard, due to lack of parts/suppliers here, i get all my bits from USA and Japan, i bought a carbon fibre steering wheel from a guy on this forum last month. (yippie)

Last edited by Dr Dave; 03-24-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave
all the RHD JDM imports here dont have a sunroof, the premium spec ones imported have brembo's, sat nav, leather, dark rear glass, and the spoiler pack.
the basic ones have no bose hi-fi either, and no heated seats, and some had smaller wheels.
if you PM me your email address, ill send you the photo file of my car, she is heavely modified, including full kit and LSD doors, with AP racing brakes, full forged APS engine, and vortex supercharger. carbon bonnet/boot/propshaft, and titanium exhaust.
there are only 47 of these cars in England, and mine is the most modified, most are standard, due to lack of parts/suppliers here, i get all my bits from USA and Japan, i bought a carbon fibre steering wheel from a guy on this forum last month. (yippie)
Damn, sounds good, PM sent.

So did you have any fitment problems with any of the US parts that youíve used?
Old 03-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Lip Lip is offline
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 555
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Interesting. I've been curious about the differences for a while.

Can you discuss what is so different about the steering rack?
Additionally, the Carbon Drive shaft? When did they begin to use this piece?


Thanks.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:40 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2006
location: surrey england
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
carbon prop is late 05 on (same as the rev up 350Z )
steering rack is made by a different company, and is "viscous" (the routing is different because of being RHD.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:19 PM
redlude97's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (25)
Join Date: Feb 2006
location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Where'd you get the springrate info at?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Lip Lip is offline
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 555
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave
carbon prop is late 05 on (same as the rev up 350Z )
steering rack is made by a different company, and is "viscous" (the routing is different because of being RHD.
Cool thanks. I'd like to drive a car with the different steering rack.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dash light problem wonderizm G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 8 09-24-2015 04:09 AM
will JDM (Japanese domestic market) part fit? Karl_g335x G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 4 08-03-2015 04:43 PM
Wanting to Buy a G35 (350GT) my events Karnicle G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 1 07-23-2015 06:08 AM
Cannot start the car after change IMPUL / Mines ECU kenthung G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 0 07-21-2015 06:56 AM
FS: JDM Auto-Fold mirror modules .cakestar Audio/Video/Electronics 2 07-17-2015 09:22 PM


Tags
350, 350gt, american, btw, california, coupe, cpupe, difference, differences, g35, gt, gt350, jdm, skyline, usdm
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 AM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, panoramic-3d.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


2007 infiniti g35 coupe mpgbad crankshaft symptomsvarrstoen es221ksport waterfordcar shaking at high speedswheeldude rotacar stereo mississaugag37 vs acura tlshift indicator light not workingcaliper sticking symptomsinfinity kappa tweetersjdm skylinemrr hr3 19lenso ls5oil filter gasketlower strut mountborla muffler canadacost to repair exhaust leakn7000 tiresp0335 codeinfiniti g35 torquefoam gun walmartnissan grille emblemwheel chrome platinginfinity g35 reviewhuper optik dealerselementwheelvq45fake concordsinstall k&n air filterinfiniti g37 specs 2012why wont my brake lights turn offseafoam pros and cons350z wikiinfiniti g35 tunershank lug nutnismo shift knobs2007 g35 sedan 0-60car is idling roughbody kits for infiniti g37 coupealpine ina w900 review2006 infiniti m35 aux inputwobble bolts 5x114.3 to 5x112painting plasti diptitanium dual exhaust tipspnp switchmiyama switch2007 mazda 3 cabin air filtermichelin alpin pa2oil catch tank functiontein springs canadavq35de reliabilityrims kitchenercost of replacing struts and shockshow much is a maaco paint jobstop tech rotorsnissan murano service engine soontrue dual cat back exhaustrx8 clutch pedal2004 saleen mustang s281 specswho makes napa gold oil filtersfk452 reviewcheap wheel alignment sacramento2005 nissan skyline 350gt reviewpo463 codewhat does airbag light meancar water mark removersqueeling belt2007 nissan maxima timing chainperformance parts bramptontransponder bypass kitscion tc butterfly doorshow to install dash lights