Everyone: Check Your Oil! - Page 120 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Everyone: Check Your Oil!

Everyone: Check Your Oil!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:33 AM
Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,146 Posts
In "Burning Black" no less..... Looks great!
Old 10-25-2016, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesh925 View Post
Hey guys, i just recenly bought a 06 g35 coupe and while changing out my spark plugs i had noticed that 1 of them had some oil at the bottom of it (where you get the spark) i asked a couple of places and they all keep telling me different things like valve cover, spark plug seals,combustion chamber, did anyone of you guys have this problem?? if so please help me on how to get it fixed...
I had two out of six spark plugs like that (damp dark brown oil on threads) with no oil in the valve cover wells found after removing. I just live with it. My friend with a Z370 found the same on his plugs, go figure.

I have the long-block replacement from the very first oil consumption TSB. She burns about a quart every 5K miles which is my usual OCI so that's acceptable to me. My original 2006 Revup burned a quart/~23 hundred mi brand new.

I run a catch can and get about .5qt out of that every OCI; PCV valve is always drenched and doesn't rattle, so i clean that every time when I drain my catch can. I also religiously use a fuel additive to help prevent my oil rings from getting stuck which IMO, helps any engine in and/or prevent oil consumption with a lot of miles on the clock.

Enjoy your 06. I still love mine and wouldn't trade it for the world.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:16 PM
Any suggestions

I bought a 2005 g35 coupe 3months ago its time for oil change what type oil is the best for my car I like racing it a lot and what are the bet spark plugs I heard a lot of good things about the NGKs but idk which ones I should go for
Old 07-21-2017, 08:11 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Thanked 1,233 Times in 997 Posts
Erick please follow my direction to your other exact same post. Search the forum and you'll find a ton of threads that address both of your questions. If you post these questions again you might get hit with an infraction for not following the forum rules and I don't think you want to start off that way here.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:55 AM
Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,146 Posts
This place is dead enough now, 75% of the posts here are vendors. Lets run off the newbies, that will help a lot. Yes, he should search, however the search function here suks donkey ***** and you guys know it.

Search: Best oil for VQ35

Search: Best spark plugs

Steer him in a general direction, give him a few clues on where to go or this place will turn into a dead vault of information that nobody uses.

Last edited by Texasscout; 07-28-2017 at 01:03 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Garcia View Post
I bought a 2005 g35 coupe 3months ago its time for oil change what type oil is the best for my car I like racing it a lot and what are the bet spark plugs I heard a lot of good things about the NGKs but idk which ones I should go for
I would recommend using 10w30 synthetic in the winter months and 10w40 in the summer months. Not sure of the part number but I have always used NGK's in all of my cars.