ATI Supercharger kit available for G35 Coupe! - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • ATI Supercharger kit available for G35 Coupe!

ATI Supercharger kit available for G35 Coupe!

Old 06-19-2003, 03:16 PM
Re: ATI Supercharger kit available for G35 Coupe!

omfg 370 rwhp ????

WOW I might get a Suprecharger rather then the Twin Turbo...

But I'll see which is cheaper....

G35 Mafia Member # 01
Old 06-19-2003, 03:23 PM

They said 7 psi...

Is it possible to up the psi in a supercharger?

G35 Mafia Member # 01
Old 06-19-2003, 03:30 PM
Staff ALUMNI

Now Cali make up your mind, TT or Supercharger.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] You up the boost on a Supercharger by changing the pulley. But that menas you are spinning the vanes faster, as with anything else be careful and go with the kit manufacturer recommendations unless you have done stuff like this before. The boost can probably be raised but they did the testing at this level and for reliability and other reasons decided on 7psi.
This is all good, now we are seeing more performance options for the "G".[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Woooohooo!! Patience pays![img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2003, 03:31 PM
Running for his life!!

Wow very nice looking. You don't even have to modify the hood. If I had extra cash or credit to spend I would get some type of force induction. Unfortunately I have neither. Also if I do get something, i'm going to wait until the products mature a bit.

G35C 6MT / E55
Old 06-19-2003, 03:34 PM

Up to a point, you can increase psi on a supercharger with different sized pullies. Smaller pulley on the supercharger or larger crank pulley. Crank pulley size is generally limited by clearance, and if you go too small in supercharger pulley, you ends up with not having enough belt area on the pulley and the belt would slip at high RPM.

Also, most supercharger have a range where it is operating at its optimum level. Going above that and the heat from the supercharging would raise the intake air temp and raise problem with pinging and or no gain in performance. I think ATI should be able to give you the exact #.

Old 06-19-2003, 03:40 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

Most any superchargers boost output can be increased by simply upgrading to a new drive pulley (smaller diameter). Its easy to do and best of all, these pulleys cost anywhere from $40 to $100 making it an afordable and easy upgrade.

Bang for buck, superchargers will usually cost less, unless it's some crazy application vs a turbo, but with a turbo, you're in a way getting "free hp" as with a turbo you're not using the engine mechanically to gain the added hp, the way a supercharger does (belt driven), but rather through the vented exhaust. On the flip side, a turbo heats up the air quite a bit, much more than so a supercharger, which is why intercoolers are important and thats where things get pricey and tricky. And as we all know, the denser / cooler the air, the more power you can build.

So you really have to look at each application and see what works best for you and how you plan on using your car.

Old 06-19-2003, 03:48 PM

Would a simple 70 shot's of NOS screw up my engine if I had that on top of that Supercharger ;-)

NOS kit's are only 600 bucks hehehehe...

And that compaired to the 4,500+ g's you're gonna blow ain't nadda...

hmmm... probably better off with a Twin Turbo and a boost controller....

G35 Mafia Member # 01
Old 06-19-2003, 04:55 PM
panoramic-3d.ru Moderator

I have a question about Turbo kits w/ boost controllers.....is there a way to completely shutoff a turbo? or does the boost controller only control the pressure within a range....say 4psi up to 25?

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow
Old 06-19-2003, 05:10 PM

would a supercharger void the warranty???

Old 06-19-2003, 05:12 PM

Almost certainly. I really hope Nismo comes out with something soon...

Old 06-19-2003, 06:53 PM

The twin Screw Super Charger from Stillen can actually be warrantied. Of course you have to pay for the warranty but it comes available with the package for like $300 extra. The stillen kit however has 7 PSi boost but only dynoed at around 310 RWHP. So I don't understand how a charger from Pro with the same amount of boost could do more. Ideas?

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT
Old 06-19-2003, 07:01 PM

"There test 350Z cars are putting down around 370 rwhp with the kit alone."
350Z...different car, different results...

Plus from Stillen website:
354 HP 6000 RPM, 318 ft/lbs RPM, using 5.7 pounds of boost.

Old 06-19-2003, 07:13 PM

SAUCE,
I don't know what's on Stillen's site. But I was at the Stillen meet the other week. The kit for the G35/350z dynoed (right in front of my very eyes) at 309.XX RWHP. That was the highest of three runs on a 350z. I'm sure the site is listing crank HP which would be a little closer to actual driveline loss. As for the differance between the 350z and the G35 on a dyno. This argument has been done over and over. They are virtually the same engine platform except for maybe the length of the exhaust, the air intake, and the damn engine cover. That is why there is only a few ponies and lbs torque differance between the two. It's pretty obvious to me that it's just marketing. Peace.

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT
Old 06-19-2003, 07:21 PM

lol...no reason to get all pissy about it bro. i had no idea that stillen made a sc 7psi and it dynoed ~310. i was just pointing out difference in cars, difference in psi, ect... you asked for "ideas?" in your post and i offered one. doesnt mean it is right or wrong, its just a thought.

now that you mention it tho, it does seem a bit shady since stillen claims "354 HP 6000 RPM, 318 ft/lbs RPM, using 5.7 pounds of boost" This is prolly at the crank and 370 at the wheels does seem like an excessive even if the pro SC is running 1.3 more psi then the stillen.