Electric Supercharger 5 PSI Vortex... - Page 8 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Electric Supercharger 5 PSI Vortex...


Electric Supercharger 5 PSI Vortex...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Mar 2009
location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 406
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
It may work if you hooked it up to the tailpipe of your car backwards to essentially pull the air through your exhaust faster. Kinda like the Squire Rear mounted turbo....Here
Old 02-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Aug 2005
location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,156
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3LU5 View Post
It may work if you hooked it up to the tailpipe of your car backwards to essentially pull the air through your exhaust faster. Kinda like the Squire Rear mounted turbo....Here
Drawing exhaust out of the combustion chambers any faster likely wouldn't increase power more than the cost of the power draw required to run the fans.

Turbos work by using the exhaust pressure--which is normally wasted--to drive an air compressor (NOT a fan) to increase intake pressure.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Mar 2009
location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 406
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350Zed View Post
Drawing exhaust out of the combustion chambers any faster likely wouldn't increase power more than the cost of the power draw required to run the fans.

Turbos work by using the exhaust pressure--which is normally wasted--to drive an air compressor (NOT a fan) to increase intake pressure.
I was joking. But did you check out the STS rear mount turbo? Weird stuff
Old 03-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2010
location: North Jersey
Posts: 117
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That is wierd...
Old 03-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Aug 2005
location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,156
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3LU5 View Post
I was joking. But did you check out the STS rear mount turbo? Weird stuff
Online reviews of it are not good. There's a G35 running STS at only 330whp, fully tuned. There's no substitution for proper super/turbocharging.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2011
location: Battle Creek
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow what a great read in this thread, its funny how angry people get when you mention electric superchargers lol ....

For any that are still interested in electric superchargers, Id love for you guys to take a look at our site, let us know if ya have any questions, thanks.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (18)
Join Date: Sep 2007
location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 10,359
Thanked 1,935 Times in 1,245 Posts
For the price. Wouldn't it be better to just get a real turbo. lol.

Does this "super power charger" require no tuning of the engine? Will the stock internals of the engine take the boost that you claim this compressor builds?

I took a look at your price section. I like how the turbo part says "intercooler with plumbing", while your supercharger only says "intercooler". So your turbo just requires an intercooler? Absolutely no plumbing required?
Old 03-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Nov 2005
location: maryland
Posts: 4,434
Thanked 64 Times in 55 Posts
Another joke of a company trying to scam.I vote ban them.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2011
location: Battle Creek
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrcarlo View Post
For the price. Wouldn't it be better to just get a real turbo. lol.

Does this "super power charger" require no tuning of the engine? Will the stock internals of the engine take the boost that you claim this compressor builds?

I took a look at your price section. I like how the turbo part says "intercooler with plumbing", while your supercharger only says "intercooler". So your turbo just requires an intercooler? Absolutely no plumbing required?

If there were no other options, a turbo woud be nice, however the goal of any electric supercharger is to ofcourse negate the issues of a standard turbo(spool time, loads of heat, and impeding an engines exhaust gases), as with all Forced Induction applications that see real world results a proper tune is always recommended. A great feature of using an electric supercharger is that -everything- is controlled via computer, so using a moderate ~5psi of boost is very attainable on a stock motor. Again a proper tune would also be advised as with any after market FI application.

Thanks for pointing that out, yes our units also require plumbing from the intercooler Many apologies if that mislead you.

: If you dont really know what you are talking about, why make yourself look ignorant?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow! Ignorance is truly bliss my friends. Science and physics are completely ignored and the maturity level goes sub-grade fast around here. Why can't people discuss ideas and theory without the trolls trash talking. And it's the trolls who show no research or even applying logic behind their flames. If you have nothing of value to post then don't post at all. Go to facebook if you want attention. If you sift through the heaping mounds of chit in this thread there are a couple of golden nuggets of info here. Funny how no one made a peep about my posts, can't relate? Or just confused by facts? Ultimately proof of concept is golden to the mentally inept, trust me I do a lot of R&D for a living. I'll bet all the tea in China that the man who invented the turbo was laughed at initially. I wish there was an I.Q. requirement or more moderator mediation. Main reason I don't frequent these forums.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Invalid_User's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (23)
Join Date: Sep 2007
location: Tampa,Florida
Posts: 9,739
Thanked 217 Times in 146 Posts
In all honesty like was mentioned before, FOR THAT PRICE I MIGHT AS WELL GET A REAL SUPERCHARGER.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:45 PM
prinny's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (9)
Join Date: Apr 2010
location: CA, HB
Posts: 1,277
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longduckdong View Post
Wow! Ignorance is truly bliss my friends. Science and physics are completely ignored and the maturity level goes sub-grade fast around here. Why can't people discuss ideas and theory without the trolls trash talking. And it's the trolls who show no research or even applying logic behind their flames. If you have nothing of value to post then don't post at all. Go to facebook if you want attention. If you sift through the heaping mounds of chit in this thread there are a couple of golden nuggets of info here. Funny how no one made a peep about my posts, can't relate? Or just confused by facts? Ultimately proof of concept is golden to the mentally inept, trust me I do a lot of R&D for a living. I'll bet all the tea in China that the man who invented the turbo was laughed at initially. I wish there was an I.Q. requirement or more moderator mediation. Main reason I don't frequent these forums.


As a car gets older.. it becomes an easier buy for younger groups of people. With younger groups of people.. it naturally comes with at least some immaturity and ignorance. The G35 isn't a new car.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (18)
Join Date: Sep 2007
location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 10,359
Thanked 1,935 Times in 1,245 Posts
Any videos of cars running the electric supercharger with a dyno sheet of HP/TQ gains?
Old 03-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well said prinny, still think the mods should keep things respectable but never having walked a mile in the mods shoes I can't judge. I just like to work the mind and have a good discussion without the flaming.


G35_FTMFW there's other factors to consider like reliability, life of the system, cost of the install and not to mention this is a new product and they have to make their ROI. More competition can also lower prices (if anyone else takes it seriously).
Old 03-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (18)
Join Date: Sep 2007
location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 10,359
Thanked 1,935 Times in 1,245 Posts
The main reason most people flame these electric superchargers/electric FI stuff is that we haven't seen proof of actual gains or cars on dynos.

I have a GT30 turbo in my Evo and make a good 400awhp/400awtq with it. Turbos have proven themselves over and over.

Key word is proof. We need it to believe in this stuff. Which is why I'm hesitant to believe in any of this until I see before and after dynosheets of cars running this setup.

Would I be able to remove my turbo and slap this thing on my evo and expect the same gains?

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Supercharged 2004 G35 coupe Brilliant Silver Sport Package seagrasser G35 Cars 15 10-04-2017 04:17 PM
DIY: Remove Gas Pump to Clean Sending Unit & Clear P0463 Code RemmyZero V36 DIY 6 08-07-2017 09:40 PM
FS[Texas]: 2008 Audi s5, supercharged, water/meth injection Mad A Not G35 Related 4 12-08-2015 02:45 PM
Melanie Blue 9tray turbo Media Share G35 Coupe V35 4 09-29-2015 11:22 PM
Engine trouble vamarris Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction 0 09-26-2015 01:56 PM


Tags
5psi, coupe, electirc, electric, forum, g35, gte, installation, performance, psi, supercharger, superchargers, torque, vortex, work
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 PM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, panoramic-3d.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


location of evap vent solenoidgreddy evo3project kics wheel spacershow to remove exhaust boltsdo you need an alignment after replacing ball joints370z camber kitaverage cost to replace brakes and rotors10mm hubcentric spacerscrankshaft and camshaft sensorsautomobilemagsts turbo systemwork vs-xx wheelswhite g37sprogram mirror garage door opener350z cam sensorpainting a carbon fiber hoodgreddy evo 3 exhaust6x9 2 ohm speakershinson motor mountsdiscount tires mckinney txac idler pulleypep boys in hamden ctnexen 7000infiniti of massapequa ltddoor puller07 g35x350z eyelidsdallas infinityprojector retrofit kitsmap air flow sensor symptomstop secret diffuser 350z20x9 5 wheelstow hooks jdmaluminum splitterpaint brake rotorsroyal purple vs mobil 1 extended performanceglasspack resonatorbro speed exhaustcold air intake soundtexaco vs chevroninvidia n1 350z2003 infiniti fx45 specsg35 wirelessnarrow band o2 sensorrays gram light 57xtreme350z lightweight flywheelnex ss coiloversescort passport 8500 x50 power cordg35 racing2012 m37sinfinity g35 coupe specskenwood ddx7015gripforce clutchisimple tech supportsymptoms of faulty crankshaft sensor3m interior wrapalpine mrp-m550car running too leanhow much to replace a serpentine belt2004 nissan 350z supercharger kitinfiniti m35 batterysteelman chassis ear350gt skylineresonator or mufflerfiberglass body kit repairviper alarm replacement remoteg2 orange caliper paintfront sway bar links cost2008 g37 mpgelectric clutch fan18x8 75 xxr 527hann leasingbully dog gt 40410painting break calipersfix it ticket nyjdm bubble shift knob235 45 18 snow tires