Ex35 cold weather battery problems - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Ex35 cold weather battery problems

Ex35 cold weather battery problems

Old 02-18-2018, 06:20 PM
Ex35 cold weather battery problems

First post, so not sure if this is the best place to ask for help .
Past winters i've had no problem with my ex35 in the cold Michigan winters, but this year i'm home bound to care for my father,

if i dont start up my car everyday it wont start if i miss a few days. I think its just the cold weather and not driving enough.

So i'm not sure how to remedy this without having to drive everyday, i have a car sitting next to my ex35 for a reliable jump start, it only takes a second to start after the cables are connected, which made me think it was just the cold.

its also my first push to start car, so its awkward trying to start when the battery wont respond.

any tips on how to fix this? maybe a better battery or any other tips?
Old 02-18-2018, 07:40 PM
's Avatar
Drive the vehicle to an auto parts store that can test the battery. Sounds like it is old and simply needs replacing however if you are mechanically inclined enough you should remove the lugs from the battery terminal and clean everything with a wire brush then assemble using electrical anti-oxidation grease since it.might only be dirty or corroded connections.
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
mchoi888 (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 08:03 PM
If you never experienced these issues in warmer climates I think it's safe to say its battery related and do what the above stated. Cold weather really takes a toll on a batteries power amd storage. Maybe get something with a little more CCA (cold cranking amps).

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
High pitch squeak from engine bay cold start -recent cold weather socal g35indafuture G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 5 01-17-2013 01:06 PM
Cold Weather Problems!! stiffaknee G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 0 01-13-2010 11:25 AM
cold weather and vortech sc booger Forced Induction 3 12-17-2003 12:04 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: