Clutch pedal damper - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Clutch pedal damper

Clutch pedal damper

Old 11-03-2015, 11:19 PM
Clutch pedal damper

Hi, I'm wondering what is the best way to eliminate the clutch damper in the hydraulic system. I understand the NISMO braided clutch hose bypasses the damper but they're back ordered 6-8 weeks. I've searched but haven't found a definitive answer.

2005 G35 sedan

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:51 AM
Premier Member
There is no dampener on the G like the old 240SX's. What are you trying to do?

You can replace the short rubber hose near the slave cylinder with a braided line (item #3 in this diagram). Plenty of vendors sell it, you don't need the Nismo one.

Attached Thumbnails
Clutch pedal damper-g-clutch-piping.png

Last edited by LoSt180; 11-04-2015 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to get rid of the slight delay in clutch response. I'm used to older cars.

I've bought a braided clutch hose from someone besides NISMO. Their comment on the damper was

"The damper is behind the left front rear fender liner on the line that goes from the master to the slave hose. It is a big brass block.
All hoses are the same internal size which is 3AN"

I'm considering making a new hard line (flaring, bending etc.) from the master directly to the flex hose. I haven't been under the car yet but it's almost time for an oil change. Just thought I'd ask about this so I have a plan, parts, tools etc. before it's up on jack stands. Forgive me I'm new to these cars but absolutely love them.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:46 AM
Premier Member
There used to be an "orifice" in the hard line on 03/early 04 models, but was removed from later models.

That sounds like what that place was trying to describe.

Here's the 03 clutch piping, I think people used to drill them out:

Do some more research before you try to start replacing things. A simple fluid flush goes a long way on these cars. A clutch pedal mod will probably also to fix what you feel is sluggish, I use the RJM AFP pedal for example, others simply remove the helper spring.
Attached Thumbnails
Clutch pedal damper-03-clutch-piping.png
Old 11-06-2015, 12:28 AM
I probably should have said restriction instead of damper. I'll do some more research before making any decisions. Thank you for your time, advice and the diagrams.