2005 G35 Coupe 6MT - STRANGE electrical/starting issue - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • 2005 G35 Coupe 6MT - STRANGE electrical/starting issue

2005 G35 Coupe 6MT - STRANGE electrical/starting issue

Old 09-12-2015, 08:28 PM
2005 G35 Coupe 6MT - STRANGE electrical/starting issue

Hey guys. I recently picked up this 05 6mt coupe for really cheap and it was all good until a few days later (last night).

Sat in the car with the radio on car off for a while then I start it no problem, runs fine then 5 minutes after idling the ABS, SLIP, VDC off lights start flashing rapidly. Eventually the airbag light flashes too. Radio starts cutting out. The car begins to run poorly. I can rev it when it's in neutral but if I try and put it in gear to move it will not go anywhere? How does this make sense??

I charged the battery fully thinking it was just low, problems went away when I installed the battery the next morning with a full charge. Thought it was fixed. Drove around today and while driving down a main road randomly it cut all power to the throttle. I step on the gas and it doesn't go anywhere. Idle into a parking lot then all the lights start flashing again.

Car starts to run poorly so I shut it off again and it is too weak to start (cranks slowly but not fast enough to fire up). I let it sit for a minute and try again, and it starts up. Let it run and it's doing the same thing again.

What could it be? I also seem to be smelling like burnt plastic or something
Old 09-12-2015, 08:53 PM
Update: When I unplug the negative terminal, the car died instantly. Could *** this be because of the alternator?

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IPDM,BCM,Ignition and key, ECU mike730 General Tech Questions 1 01-12-2018 04:25 PM
FS: JDM battery cover 40 bucks shipped laksjd84 Exterior - Body Parts 13 08-03-2015 05:33 PM
350Z and G35 Transmission AustinErkl Drivetrain 2 07-18-2015 05:44 PM
Post your shift knob! 6mt appreciation thread nervseele Interior & Exterior 4 07-17-2015 11:21 PM
WTB[SoEast]: 2005 Sedan OEM or OE Springs Scredeur4 Steering & Suspension 1 07-17-2015 06:30 AM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: