Spill Proof Funnel & Mishimoto Raidator - HELP! - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Spill Proof Funnel & Mishimoto Raidator - HELP!

Spill Proof Funnel & Mishimoto Raidator - HELP!

Old 09-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Spill Proof Funnel & Mishimoto Raidator - HELP!

Ok, maybe I'm an idiot. I purchased the Lisle Spill-Free Funnel. Took the cap off the Mishimoto Radiator, and inside the fill neck there is this huge spot weld in one corner that doesnt allow the Lisle fitting to sit in there flush.

So, I got the dremel out, and made a slot in the fitting so that it could sit flush.

Now, with the rubber piece on, I cant get the cap low enough to screw on, and that hard rubber wont compress at all. Without the rubber grommet on there, I can get the cap on, but it isn't solid and wiggles and leaks.

Anyone use this on the Mishimoto? Any tips? Thanks.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:43 AM
Ok, I figured it out....

1. Get the Lisle Spill Proof Funnel Set (I picked up at NAPA Auto Parts)

2. Go to walmart, go to the plumbing section, and pick up the Peerless Plumbing Repair Kit B206X

3. In the funnel kit, use adapter and cap set B to work with the Mishimoto Radiator.

4. When you take your Mishimoto radiator cap off, you may notice a spot weld in the fill area. If so, use a dremel on the yellow plastic B adapter and make a divet in it that goes around the weld and allows the adapter to sit flush.

5. Now in the picture below, remove the black rubber gromet that comes with the Lisle adapter B & discard.

6. Now take the pink gromet (The one sized like the one shown in the picture in the middle) found in the plumping kit. Use a razor to cut out the inner diamter. The amount I cut out is shown in the below pic, the one on the bottom of the pic. This will leave you with about 2 rings worth. (The completed useable gromet isnt shown in the pic) Discard the inner part you just cut out (Shown at the bottom of the picture).

7. Put the custom gromet onto the adapter B where the black one used to be.

You will now have a revised adapter that will fit over the spot weld and have a new gasket that will allow you to close the cap and not have it leak either.

Hope this helps everyone out!

Working Adapter:

Last edited by 6MTG354ME; 11-26-2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Updated Images
The Following User Says Thank You to 6MTG354ME For This Useful Post:
speedk1ng (11-27-2012)
Old 09-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Good write up
Old 11-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Sweet....Thanks for the write up James! Just ordered my funnel yesterday so I'll give this a shot tonight!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:02 PM
Former panoramic-3d.ru Vendor
I'll post my findings after I install my Mishimoto.

I already have a Lisle funnel.