DIY Cam Position Sensor Easy Version - Page 26 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • DIY Cam Position Sensor Easy Version

DIY Cam Position Sensor Easy Version

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:03 AM
Thanks to all who posted photos and tips in this thread!!

Just replaced my driver's side cam sensor tonight in response to code P1084. Cleared the code and took it for a short test drive. Time will tell, but fingers crossed that the code doesn't return. After clearing the code previously (while researching the associated fix), the car would run anywhere from a day to a week before the SES light came back on.

Again, huge thank you to previous contributors for the detailed info!
Old 07-06-2017, 06:02 AM
This post saved me 800$ thank you so much
Old 08-17-2017, 03:08 PM
where to buy part

All the dealerships by me want 165 so screw that, where can I buy OEM part thats 100% leggit
Old 08-17-2017, 03:12 PM
ebay all day for oem parts
Old 08-17-2017, 03:12 PM
Pepboys. Autozone. Etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoj View Post
All the dealerships by me want 165 so screw that, where can I buy OEM part thats 100% leggit
It's perfectly fine to just buy the sensors from pepboys or autozone. Make sure you match them up with the VIN and get the right sensors for the right locations. There are 3 total. I chose pepboys simply because their parts come with a warranty. And I can appreciate that. I haven't had any issues since I replaced all 3 of my sensors. Total costs of all 3 wasn't even $160 so yeah dodge the dealer go to pepboys or parts store.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:13 PM
couldnt find one that matches the numbers right 23731-6J90B
Old 08-17-2017, 04:19 PM
Quote:
the dealer part numbers and the OER numbers are not going to match. Hence why I said use your VIN number to match up the parts with your vehicle. Of course a part company isn't gonna name their parts with the same number catalogs. Do this the same way you would look up which air filter fits your car. It's really not difficult at all.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:18 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Thanked 1,233 Times in 997 Posts
Moving this to the Engine/Drivetrain forum and making it a sticky.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:18 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Thanked 1,233 Times in 997 Posts
Quote:
I found mine on Amazon. They sourced the order out to a Nissan dealership and I initially got the wrong sensor (driver's side bank 2 #23731-AL61A). It was Amazon's fault not the dealerships but they sent me the correct one which I got in 2 days along with a return shipping label for the incorrect sensor no questions asked. Paid $100.31 which was the cheapest OEM replacement I could find on the internet. Local Infiniti dealer wanted $187, riiiight lolol. Only difficult part for me on the install was the clip on the plug is on the bottom so I just took off the 10mm bolt, removed the whole assembly and had plenty of room to turn the plug upside down.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:09 PM
Help

CAM POSITION ORING (BANK 2- DRIVER SIDE LEAKING) Cant find anything about the O ring just the sensor itself.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:19 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
If there's enough miles on the thing that the o-ring is failing then chances are the sensor itself isn't too far behind. Just replace the whole thing as PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE rather than it going out on the highway and becoming a REPAIR.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto20x View Post
It's perfectly fine to just buy the sensors from pepboys or autozone. Make sure you match them up with the VIN and get the right sensors for the right locations. There are 3 total. I chose pepboys simply because their parts come with a warranty. And I can appreciate that. I haven't had any issues since I replaced all 3 of my sensors. Total costs of all 3 wasn't even $160 so yeah dodge the dealer go to pepboys or parts store.

yeah ah as long as they come with warrantyís then why not. I got mine from pep boys and havenít had a problem since I changed mine
Old 02-13-2018, 12:08 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmek100 View Post

yeah ah as long as they come with warrantyís then why not.
Because when it leaves you stuck in limp mode 50 miles from home on the side of the freeway you'll be wishing you had forked out the extra cash for the OEM ones. Aftermarket cam/crank sensors are notorious for short lifespans or simply not working at all. If you want to spend half as much for a part that has 1/4 the life expectancy that's your choice. Personally I chose longevity and reliability.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto20x View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
If there's enough miles on the thing that the o-ring is failing then chances are the sensor itself isn't too far behind. Just replace the whole thing as PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE rather than it going out on the highway and becoming a REPAIR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Because when it leaves you stuck in limp mode 50 miles from home on the side of the freeway you'll be wishing you had forked out the extra cash for the OEM ones. Aftermarket cam/crank sensors are notorious for short lifespans or simply not working at all. If you want to spend half as much for a part that has 1/4 the life expectancy that's your choice. Personally I chose longevity and reliability.
yeah that is true Iím just saying at bare minimum if you wanted car back on the road mines have lasted a year and a half at he time of car going through that I had no cash what so ever I had to scrap together money to get the parts I did let alone try and get the money for oem parts. Iím one for oem parts that was just my position and itís worked out for me, maybe not others...oem parts fail as well and they donít come with a lifetime warranty and all it took me was 20 mins to change them out if I had to go get another one from a local pep boys thatís closer to me then a infiniti dealer. Oem parts are best I will say that I just donít rule out aftermarket with a lifetime warranty
Old 02-13-2018, 12:26 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Yeah I understand perfectly, good to have options.