nrg oil catch can?? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • nrg oil catch can??

nrg oil catch can??

Old 08-25-2009, 08:40 AM
nrg oil catch can??

Just a couple of questions about the above. First of all i did a search but couldn't find the answers I'm looking for.

1. Does this catch can really work decent enough? Anyone have personal exp?

2. I see that it connects to the passenger side pcv and from my understanding this is were the most blowby happens? Is the two connections enough, 1in 1 out.

3. How easy does this mount? And I was told it can mount only vertically?

I really want the arc one, but for N/A I cant justify the price. Thanks in advance!!
Old 08-25-2009, 05:18 PM
The can itself is descent enough. There are have been a few users who have made mods to the inside for better results.

Also, the following thread is good if you want something basic.

As far a mounting, you may have to get creative depending on what you have in your bay already. the brackets worked for to mount towards the front of the vehicle.

The only knock I had was the hoses that came with the system. After about 1 week of use (daily driven), they began to collapse a bit. I invested in SS air hoses for better support and better look as well. My next oil change is about 1month out, I will remove it and check to see what it may or may not be catching. I looked in the plenums prior to installation to see how much oil and what not was collecting in it directly, so this should give me a good idea.

I am by no means an expert but hope that helps. I agree with you, the ARC is cool but folks have been building their own for less than 20 with good results, soo?????
Old 08-25-2009, 07:24 PM
I used the home made catch can for a long time (worked as expected)… now have an NRG can (very few miles so far) – used with braided stainless hose and AN fittings – no leaks, looks good and won’t have to empty as often – should actually work better than DIY can because its deeper and the inlet is not directly across from outlet so it’s less likely that vapor will get sucked back in (at some point I will probably out some type of media in the bottom of can to help can vapor).

As for mounting, it can be tricky with OEM reservoirs taking up what little space there is – but it’s doable…

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
David's IP G35 Coupe davizzle Picture Share 14 04-26-2016 07:10 PM
100k service time f22raptor G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 7 03-18-2016 09:50 AM
David's 2007 G35 Coupe Build Thread davizzle Media Share G35 Coupe V35 18 12-13-2015 01:47 PM
G35 non-rev up oil consumption mbe32 G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 10 11-14-2015 12:09 AM

Tags
cans, catch, diy, do, g35, good, inlet, inside, leaks, mount, mounted, mounting, nrg, oil, outlet, sideways
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: