fuel injector and throttle body flush service? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • fuel injector and throttle body flush service?

fuel injector and throttle body flush service?

Old 07-04-2006, 02:38 AM
fuel injector and throttle body flush service?

i had my 15,000 service done at a dealership (Miller) and I went to a different dealership (glendale) to get my 18750 mile oil change. anyway, the service manager says to me that i havn't gotten my "fuel injector and throttle body flush service" done yet. I said "but I did the 15000 service", he said that he saw that in the computer, but that its a seperat service that should have been done at 15,000 miles. He offered to do it for $140 but I said I needed to consult panoramic-3d.ru first.

Any thoughts? should I do it, was he trying to rip me off (i didn't see anything about this in the manual)? I am looking at this not only from the perspective of trying to keep my warranty (i know, even if I don't do it, the burden of proof is on them to show causation b4 denying warranty service - I'm a law student), but also from the perspective of just keeping my car running properly and keeping it reliable for a long time. But, I am a student, so I don't have a lot of money or time to spend on the car.

by the way, they ended up doing the oil change for free b/c it was taking too long (they said 1.5 hours for oil change, wash, and some warranty work) and 1.5 hours later i went to my service manager and inquired if it was ready, and he offered to comp the service because it was taking too long (an extra 15 min). which I thought was really nice.

thanks for any info
Old 07-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Yeah. He's trying to rip you off. Punch that sucker in the face and walk away. You can clean the TB yourself and there is no need for fuel injector flush especially at 15k miles.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:18 PM
i generally use chevron, but should i get some concentrated techron?
Old 07-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Former panoramic-3d.ru Vendor
he's not trying to rip you off.. its a suggested service.. IMO have the throttle body cleaned at your next service.. as far as fuel injector goes you can just ask them how its serviced.. if they just add an additive in your gas tank then decline that service and ask to purchase the additive and you'll do it yourself.. but do not go out to autozone to buy a fuel injector cleaner.. it may damange your injectors.. but as far as cleaning the TB goes.. if you know how to do it urself then go ahead and do it.. you'll see a carbon build up after a year of driving.. if you do do it urself please do not physically touch the throttle plate even if its disconnected.. 140 is a pretty fair price.. thats abount an hours worth of labor and parts.. the dealer i work at we charge $109 per hr of labor (labor isnt taxed)

rookie84.. technically you can performe ALL services on the vehicle yourself.. so does that mean that everything a dealer offers a rip off?
Old 07-10-2006, 08:13 PM
i had the throttle body apart(when i was installing the md 1/2" spacer), i cleaned it with wd40 and wiped all that gunk off with rags.......now i physically moved that plate so i can clean the other side....it idled and ran w/o any problems after putting everything back and resetting ecu via battery disconnect.......did i dodge a bullet by messing with that plate?
Old 07-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Its best not to mess with the TB if you can help it. Best practice is to try to keep it electrically connected if you have to fool with it. If you disconnect or move the throttle plate, you may have to relearn idle etc. with the pedal method. But spraying it clean with Berryman's/Gumout carb clean etc. shouldn't hurt anything. I have over 70K miles on mine and looked at the TB during the spacer install and it wasnt bad at all. I think that whole service is a stealer profit booster. At 100K maybe, but at the 15K service. Uh, no. Next sucker please.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:42 AM
how did you guys clean the gunk/carbon build up that is close to the plate without touching/pushing it? would it be okay to put the key in the ON position and hold the gas pedal down so the plate moves to the open position, then clean it?

i've been searching around but never found a DIY on cleaning the throttle body.... i just found posts stating that they cleaned it but never the instructions on what to and what not to do.