DIY: Turbo Timer Install - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • DIY: Turbo Timer Install

DIY: Turbo Timer Install

Old 12-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Lightbulb DIY: Turbo Timer Install

this evening i installed an apexi turbo timer and since no one posted it up i thought i would give you the wiring codes for it. this was adapted from the diy from my350z and modified for the g.

*there is no harness on the market to make this easy*

1) disconnect negative terminal

2)Take of panel surrounding lower half of steering wheel. only 2 screws holding it on, just pull down

3)follow the key cylinder connection down and to the right of the steering column mid way down there is a 5 wire connector.

12v source- white and blue( noticable lower gauge)
ign 1- red/black
ign2(accessory)-white and black
ground- just unscrew a bolt and tap there

*for apexi it was green=red black
red=blue/white
blue=black/white

I use snap on compression taps, they worked really well and frankly i didnt want to start cutting and soldering into the wiring harnesses becuase there is no room to play and the wires have to be bent 180 degrees so soldered connections could possibly break

4.) to hook up an o2 sensor is #74 on the ecu, and #78 is the o2 ground(use instead of body panel screw in step 3)

* i didnt use because i didnt see how this would help with estimation of cooling time and didnt want to start tapping ecu since i have a utec and there is already not enough room*

5.)repack up steering column. tip there is a dead space to the left of vdc controls where you can put the turbo timer relay box

6.) reconnect negative battery terminal

7.) put key into ingnition turn car on-turbo timer should remain of
8.) turn key to accessory- turbo timer should turn on, set up turbo timer, then turn ignition off, timer should count down
9.) turn car on, let it warm up smoke a cigg, reset the stereo presets, and take out key and listen to the g being alive.

* i gotta go back in and hook up the ebrake cuz i didnt want to tear my center consol apart due to time constraints and i will try to snap some photos. but you dont need 02 or ebrake for it to work.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: Turbo Timer Install-img_0160.jpg DIY: Turbo Timer Install-img_0157.jpg DIY: Turbo Timer Install-img_0158.jpg DIY: Turbo Timer Install-img_0159.jpg DIY: Turbo Timer Install-img_0161.jpg

Last edited by terps; 01-03-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Thanks Man
Old 01-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Banned
Nice write up.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:20 AM
The goblin resurrection
good little write up
Old 12-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Off the topic a bit

Very clear in your description!
I was wondering about power/tq gains when you installed the full 3" exhaust all the way back. I have a T/N single turbo w/3" to the cat, but stock to the pipes. I was wondering about gains w/ the full 3" system?

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:40 PM
where is the ecu! im doing a greddy turbo timer install and cant seem to find the ecu that i need to tap into.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:28 AM
would this work on 2005 g35?