DIY: High Clutch? want to lower your clutch engagement point? - Page 4 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • DIY: High Clutch? want to lower your clutch engagement point?


DIY: High Clutch? want to lower your clutch engagement point?

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (9)
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 666
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You guys have to go back to the D-Wolf clutch kit, It's the right way to fix this issue. I've had one on my car for over 3 years with no issues.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:00 AM
NismoG3505's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2008
location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry

how many people have adjusted the height of their clutch or the engagement point of their clutch and now have a problem with the clutch sticking? bc mine ONLY does it when i lower my engagement point... i need a lot of responses please let me know how many have adjusted and have sticking clutch now

ps my clutch fluid is as clean and new as it gets, i have been to the dealership 5 times for this sticking problem, they have replaced my master AND slave cylindar and bled the system

so i'm wondering if the main problem is just because i adjusted my clutch... the dealership got my clutch working now without sticking but i have to shift like a gorilla using my entire leg for the clutch rather than just my foot (very hard to be precise with it now! )
Old 09-01-2008, 04:33 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (109)
Join Date: Apr 2008
location: Costa Mesa-714-
Posts: 6,819
Thanked 34 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoG3505
how many people have adjusted the height of their clutch or the engagement point of their clutch and now have a problem with the clutch sticking? bc mine ONLY does it when i lower my engagement point... i need a lot of responses please let me know how many have adjusted and have sticking clutch now

ps my clutch fluid is as clean and new as it gets, i have been to the dealership 5 times for this sticking problem, they have replaced my master AND slave cylindar and bled the system

so i'm wondering if the main problem is just because i adjusted my clutch... the dealership got my clutch working now without sticking but i have to shift like a gorilla using my entire leg for the clutch rather than just my foot (very hard to be precise with it now! )
probably it not the adjustment you made. it just had a PROBLEM.
you just adjust it again so its easier to shift and dont adjust too much
Old 09-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (9)
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 666
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
d-wolf, 2 posts up...
Old 09-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2008
location: AL
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I lowered mine a good bit with no problems so far. The clutch never sticks and it goes into every gear fine. The only issue, if you want to call it that, is that the helper spring isnt strong enough to push the pedal back out completely. It comes out more than enough for the clutch to fully engage but there is a little slack in the pedal. No big deal though.

About that D-Wolf kit, Im sure its a good kit and does the job just fine but I would rather use whats already there from the factory (threaded rod). I know some have had issues with doing it this way but the way I see it is that if the pedal wasnt meant to be adjusted then there wouldnt be a means of doing it. Meaning preset from the factory with no way of changing it.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (9)
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 666
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream
I lowered mine a good bit with no problems so far. The clutch never sticks and it goes into every gear fine. The only issue, if you want to call it that, is that the helper spring isnt strong enough to push the pedal back out completely. It comes out more than enough for the clutch to fully engage but there is a little slack in the pedal. No big deal though.
It is abig deal...
The purpose of that helper spring is to make sure the throw-out bearing never rests on the pressure plate fingers while the clutch is disengaged.
good luck
Old 10-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Andrei's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (12)
Join Date: Jan 2008
location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,771
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
I tried doing this to my car today. It's impossible to get an open wrench in there and move it to loosen that bolt on the rod because there is no room. I removed the foot rest and the fuse cover I need a smaller wrench but where do you find one shorter?
Old 10-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 109
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This friggin bolt is pissing me off, do you turn the bolt clockwise or counter?
Old 11-13-2008, 02:21 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedondoG
It is abig deal...
The purpose of that helper spring is to make sure the throw-out bearing never rests on the pressure plate fingers while the clutch is disengaged.
good luck
Since I'm too lazy to figure out how many pennies it takes to accomplish the exact same thing as the d-wolf, I'll buy one for $10.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:07 AM
viceversa's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (27)
Join Date: Jun 2008
location: SAN DIEGO
Posts: 2,227
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
I did the the whole penny trick at first and it seemed to work good with eliminating the overall throw of the clutch. The problem with that and the d-wolf kit is that it does not move the actual position your foot needs to be to release the clutch. Meaning all it does is add a stopper which does not allow you to push the clutch all the way to the floor. For me, the problem was how high i needed to bring my foot/leg up to release the clutch. By adjusting the clutch with the factory adjustment, this fixes the problem by shortening the overall throw of the pedal as well as bringing the engagement point closer to the floor. just my .02
Old 11-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Jamaica2G's Avatar
Florida G35 Club, General Member
iTrader: (31)
Join Date: Feb 2005
location: Jacksonville & Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 3,198
Thanks: 0
Thanked 29 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceversa
I did the the whole penny trick at first and it seemed to work good with eliminating the overall throw of the clutch. The problem with that and the d-wolf kit is that it does not move the actual position your foot needs to be to release the clutch. Meaning all it does is add a stopper which does not allow you to push the clutch all the way to the floor. For me, the problem was how high i needed to bring my foot/leg up to release the clutch. By adjusting the clutch with the factory adjustment, this fixes the problem by shortening the overall throw of the pedal as well as bringing the engagement point closer to the floor. just my .02
I did this but I realized that the spring doesnt push the clutch pedal all the way back where it was set... In essence, it isn't returning back to the original position.

Spring fix?

Adrian

Last edited by Jamaica2G; 11-19-2008 at 12:19 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:02 PM
viceversa's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (27)
Join Date: Jun 2008
location: SAN DIEGO
Posts: 2,227
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaica2G
I did this but I realized that the spring doesnt push the clutch pedal all the way back where it was set... In essence, it isn't returning back to the original position.

Spring fix?

Adrian
I know exactly what you mean. I was just thinking about this earlier today, it doesn't seem like it would be too hard. I will get under the steering wheel later and take a look at the possibilities of a fix.

As of now I have mine adjusted right at the point where the helper spring barely brings the clutch pedal all the way out back out.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:06 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (109)
Join Date: Apr 2008
location: Costa Mesa-714-
Posts: 6,819
Thanked 34 Times in 22 Posts
if the nut is stuck you guys might wanna try spraying a bit of WD40 on it
Old 11-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Darkstar752's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2008
location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 2,142
Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
Which of these methods is better?

This one or the nickel/penny one? Can anyone weigh in?
Old 11-24-2008, 02:10 PM
viceversa's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (27)
Join Date: Jun 2008
location: SAN DIEGO
Posts: 2,227
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
Which of these methods is better?

This one or the nickel/penny one? Can anyone weigh in?
see post #55

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
03 Sedan, Help with Starting Problem chinee G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 15 06-05-2017 03:29 AM
Car Wrap Vinyl - DIY 5ft x 50ft Roll - Matte Colors & Carbon Fiber Tolboothwilley™ Exterior-Vendor 6 07-28-2016 01:42 AM
Radar Detectors for your G35 carid Group Buys-Vendor 3 08-07-2015 01:17 PM
2005 g35 coupe clutch replacement combo Buggzb86 Drivetrain 0 07-26-2015 12:22 AM


Tags
350z, adjust, close, closer, clutch, engagement, floor, high, jwt, pedal, point, pushing, release, speed, vibration
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 AM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, panoramic-3d.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Related pages


oil covered spark plugcostco insurance ameriprisedpe wheels for salechromium black xxr 527turbo kit for infiniti g35infiniti g37 oem wheelspioneer avh-p1400dvdoil filter seal leakgroup 24f car batteryawesome shift knobsjl audio amp 1000 wattswhat does the vsc light meanredline si 1gvn 53super glue keyholesand reeper forumxxr 527 19 inchhow much is a timing chain replacementenkei rpf1 sbchow to remove exhaust studssloshing watervolk le37tmuffler band clampfalken 912 stretchaero catch hood pinspioneer avic f90bt updatesylvania zxe 9003wrong fitment crewhardest hitting 8 inch subwooferautozone car wax2008 infinity g35xcraigslists nashville tnrichie's bardifferential service how oftendiamond audio componentsapexi world sporthow to install a bazooka tubeinfiniti car namesmichelin pilot sport tire pressureheadlight bulb replacement guidednx7100 kenwoodare lexani tires any good2010 g37 coupe 0-60350z conversionlinea corse lc818 for salemomo carbon fiber shift knobsigns of bad knock sensorpechanga club silklc818optima battery for sale cheapcambering a cardiy throttle bodybp invigorate reviewtire stretch guidetwin turbo for g35key is stuck in the ignitionorion 4000 watt amppo174 codeiss forged wheelsdefi super sports cluster for sale18x10 enkei rpf1nissan pembroke350z d2 coiloversusa spec pa15-nis08 g8 gt specskw variant 3stant thermostat reviewheadrest tvswindshield washer fluid hosebrake caliper temperaturebuying a car with 200k milessymptom of bad wheel bearinghonda wiper blade refills