F1 Racing chromoly flywheel - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • F1 Racing chromoly flywheel

F1 Racing chromoly flywheel

Old 03-15-2011, 04:14 PM
F1 Racing chromoly flywheel

A little while ago driving 100 miles per day or more for work, the clutch on my car started to slip off and on so I stopped driving that much since the money I was making driving that far wasn't even worth it. I put 60k miles on it in 2 years. So now it's 60%-75% throttle only and it slips occasionally but not too bad.

I don't like anything from China but it's all I can afford, and it doesn't seem so bad, at least on the surface. I am going to take it to a machine shop before I put it on and see how well balanced it is so I'll report back on that. I'll probably rebuild my stock clutch from my previous 04 sedan since it's the cheapest option at $250 even though the F1 stage 3 racing clutch on Ebay is $200 shipped.

The F1 flywheels and clutches actually do have good reviews on Honda forums so I'm still thinking about buying the clutch they make also.

Pics.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:35 PM
I had their clutch/fw combo-for about 6 months. Installed at Infiniti dealership. Started to vibrate after month or so, after some time I wasn't able to shift into 1st gear from a stop(I had to shut the engine off) after about 20 minutes of driving.
No problems with exedy/act flywheel for a year now.
It is a good idea to check fw for balance. There's not much to go wrong with.
As for clutch-I think that it is made of crap not spec'd to G35 heat range. As soon as car would heat up it won't fully engage, that's the only reason I can think of. All hydraulics/bearings were fine, fresh Motul in tranny and clutch system.
I also got no reply from f1 when I emailed them asking for help/advice.
Get Exedy.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obender66 View Post
I had their clutch/fw combo-for about 6 months. Installed at Infiniti dealership. Started to vibrate after month or so, after some time I wasn't able to shift into 1st gear from a stop(I had to shut the engine off) after about 20 minutes of driving.
No problems with exedy/act flywheel for a year now.
It is a good idea to check fw for balance. There's not much to go wrong with.
As for clutch-I think that it is made of crap not spec'd to G35 heat range. As soon as car would heat up it won't fully engage, that's the only reason I can think of. All hydraulics/bearings were fine, fresh Motul in tranny and clutch system.
I also got no reply from f1 when I emailed them asking for help/advice.
Get Exedy.
I read your review here before so I appreciate it. Tomorrow I am going to take the stock clutch from my 04 sedan and have it rebuilt out of ceramic and turn it into a 6 puck sprung clutch. Using their flywheel so they can balance it all together. I'll also have some Nismo parts going in. It's all going to cost about $150 total.