Has anybody installed LUK Clutch and Flywheel combo? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Has anybody installed LUK Clutch and Flywheel combo?

Has anybody installed LUK Clutch and Flywheel combo?

Old 10-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Angry Has anybody installed LUK Clutch and Flywheel combo?

hi i have purchased a 05 g35 coupe 6MT about 2months ago from a private dealer, and soon found out that my clutch is worned out ( infiniti told me). so i contacted the dealer that i have purchased the car and they accepted sharing costs of replacing clutch kit and flywheel. so we did. but they wanted to do it in a transmission shop they work with, and they have installed LUK clutch kit and flywheel combo. total cost was 2200$ and i payed 1100$.
now when i start accelerating, in first and second gear it has kinda vibrating/grinding or chattering sound coming till 3000rpm and if i change the gears to like third or forth gear when the rpm in those gears are under 3000rm when i push the gas pedal to accelerate it has that stong vibrating feeling and sound coming from mid part of the car. i have called the transmission shop and going there next week to check. the first thing i mentioned to them was that i am not looking in to performance but stock like no chatter noise. and he said luk is replica for the oem parts and should be a problem. he said he payed 900$ for the clutch kit and 900$ for LUK dual-mass flywheel.
did anyone get this combo and experience the same thing? do u think this sounds normal because it is aftermarket?
Old 10-23-2008, 02:19 PM
bump!
Old 01-05-2010, 04:44 PM
I know the original post on this is over a year old, but I'm curious if anyone has at least used the LUK dual mass flywheel? I don't know anything about LUK products, therefore it would be nice to know if this is a quality product and if it peforms like the OEM flywheel. Anyone?
Old 01-09-2010, 01:01 PM
No comments on their flywheels, but I put a LuK "OEm type" clutch in my Maxima about 10 years ago and HATED it. sumbeyotch slipped in 3rd gear straight out of the tranny shop and they refused to warranty it.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JWT Clutch/flywheel nightmare 11bEMT Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction 3 08-27-2015 02:55 PM
FS: Coupe TB 04 brembo Volk 8k EPG35 G35 Cars 4 08-16-2015 05:52 PM
FS: New Braided Stainless Clutch Line neight Drivetrain 2 07-28-2015 05:47 PM
2005 g35 coupe clutch replacement combo Buggzb86 Drivetrain 0 07-26-2015 12:22 AM

Tags
02, 240sx, 95, clutch, combo, flywheel, forum, g35, kit, luk, luke, maxima, oem, prices, reviews
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: