Leather Cleaner/Conditioner - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

Old 12-15-2002, 04:10 AM
Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

Anyone have an opinion on the best leather cleaner/conditioner? I have the willow interior...... and just got some cool looking dark jeans..... not so cool after I got out of my car and realized the blue rubbed off on the seat (I even washed them first!!!!)

Old 12-15-2002, 06:42 AM
O.F. Administrator
Re: Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

Daniele, Look in: . They have excellent products including leather care items....... Later

Gsedanman-Garnet Fire Sedan ('till Jan)
Old 12-15-2002, 01:51 PM

This is the stuff I use and is recommended by some very high end cars.

Old 12-15-2002, 02:19 PM
Administrator

I like and have used LEXOL products for at least 30 years. They make leather conditioners and cleaners that have been on the market for I believe longer than anyone else. Generally available in most cities through leather supply places and Tandy Leather Company.

Old 01-11-2003, 01:09 PM

daniele,
how did the blue come off your jeans? were the jeans damp or something? that's weird, never heard of that happening before...

anyway, didn't your dealers give you guys a box with different cleaners and washes?

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear
Old 02-06-2003, 03:57 PM

I've tried Hide Food and Lexol, but I like the Pinnacle Leather Conditioner and cleaner. The conditioner actually smells like leather, unlike the others. Hide Food smells awful, and the Lexol doesn't really smell at all.

Old 02-13-2003, 12:35 AM

I happen to try lexol this weekend and its the best, the result is unbelievable, leather becomes soft but not shiny and slippery it really restore it like new...

Old 02-14-2003, 01:42 PM

I agree with greer. I have been using Meguires for years. For leather Meguires Gold Medallion I feel is outstanding. For waxes and polishes I use Meguires also. Use the professional stuff not the lower line Meguires products. Check out there web site...they will recommend you what is best depending on how much effert you are will to put. My rule of dumb is 45 to 60 minutes per coat. That is pre-cleaner, polish, and wax. Let me know if you want details of what I use.

Also the cheap wax jobs that the car washes do for 40 buck are a waste. Yeah, your car will shine a little more for about a week, but you are not really protecting the paint. I like to do it myself. There are professional place that will do it right, but you will pay over 100 bucks for the three steps that I am describing. I say spend 50 bucks for products and you will be set for a couple of years.

Old 02-17-2003, 01:05 PM

I have the same problem with my willow interior. I notice a slight blue tint on the drivers seat. It cleans off fairly easily though.

2003 G35C 6MT Laser Red/Willow
Old 02-19-2003, 12:52 PM

doesn't this somewhat contradict the "tips by brad" where he says the leather is vinyl coated, thus any plastic/vinyl cleaner is sufficient. i'm a bit confused as to whether i should use a leather conditioner or just a vinyl cleaner.

'03.5 Sedan, Silver/Black, Leather, Sport
Old 02-19-2003, 01:07 PM
Administrator

The Infiniti leather is not vinyl coated.

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>
Old 02-19-2003, 03:42 PM

If in doubt use the leather cleaner.......using leather cleaner on vinyl is not as bad as using vinyl cleaner on leather.

Red/Canadian
Old 03-04-2003, 04:49 AM

KongzGx- It's just this one pair of REALLY dark blue jeans I have.... something about the dye.. no matter how much I wash them it rubs off..... on my legs too, they're a pain... the price you pay for fashion

Infiniti leather is NOT vinyl coated!!! Use leather cleaner!!!!

Does anyone have any opinions on how often cleaner/conditioner should be used? I use it quite a bit on the drivers seat cause it gets dirty, but almost never on the other seats. I've been thinking about using just a conditioner on all the leather periodically cause I live in Colorado and it's insanely dry here. I noticed the leather on my back seats feels a little dry already- I figure if I have to put lotion on my skin every day my car's "skin" probably needs some moisture too. Just a thought...