No touch car soap? (Like wheel cleaners) - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • No touch car soap? (Like wheel cleaners)

No touch car soap? (Like wheel cleaners)

Old 05-27-2009, 12:52 PM
No touch car soap? (Like wheel cleaners)

Is there a type of car wash soap where you just put it in a foam gun or something similar, spray on the car, wait a little, and spray off?

I'm talking about something like a lot of the wheel cleaners, where you don't need to scrub if the wheel is mildly dirty. Just spray the cleaner only, wait 10 secs, and spray off with water?

I'm not looking for this as a replacement, but some weeks I don't have time to do everything and would like something simpler.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:46 PM
There is foam cannons that spray thick foam soap onto the car and slowly break up dirt then you just spray it off. Definitely not a replacement for a legit hand wash but works nice when the car is in between clean and dirty.

Not sure of an exact place to get one, but google it or search on here and you might find something.

Other than that there are quick detailers or spray wax that works alright. Spray it on wipe it around then use another cloth to polish it off. Works ok if the car is 3/10 dirty (10 being full dirty) If it's any dirtier you might move dirt around and scratch the paint.

Another alternative! An awesome wax job can lead to keeping the car clean, when ever my car is dirty I can take it to a coin operated spray and wash and use their power washer to blow all the crap off then just dry it off and it looks great.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:18 PM
I'm gonna get this foam gun:

Any recommendations on some cheaper soap that will sud that I can buy in store (I have turtle wax car wash right now)?

Last edited by cpufreak3; 05-27-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Heard good things about this nozzle from Griot's Garage, $15.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:23 AM
Both of those look pretty good.

Not sure about which soap, you want something with a really thick sudsy foam. Maybe experiment with different ones in smaller portions then when you find one that works for you buy it in the economy pack
Old 05-28-2009, 12:40 AM
I have the Gilmore foam gun but it's not gonna do what you're looking for. Basically it just lays down a thick layer of soapy foam on your car but it's not gonna be as simple as rinsing it off and you're done. You still need to get a wash mit and wash the car as normal. It does save time but it's not a one step process. As far as soap you can use anything and it'll suds up but if you want a really thick foam try DP extreme.

For a really quick wash try optimum no rinse (ONR), you can wash a car in less then half the time and save water too.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G:Luv View Post

Do you know if this will create a good amount of foam?

I bought a cheap spray gun with a soap reservoir and barely anything comes out...
Old 05-28-2009, 11:38 AM
When limited on time...why not just ONR? Easier...less messy...provides great shine...this is a no brainer to me.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:28 PM
I don't know, ONR seems like it takes MORE time.

I'm not trying to conserve soap or water, just time.

My goal is:

1. Foam the soap on
2. Allow to sit for a couple of minutes
3. Blast off using water (garden hose, with whatever pressure I can get)
4. Dry using a leaf blower
5. Park in garage to prevent any remaining small drops of water from creating spots
Old 05-29-2009, 02:54 PM
I'd try ONR. I can do my entire car, from start to finish including wheels, in about 10 minutes. I typically take a bit more time just because I can, but if I wanted to 10 minutes would suffice. Then the car is clean, shiny, dry, and scratch free. At least you're going to dry with a leaf blower...I definitely wouldn't towel dry if you are just going to hose on and hose off. Way too much contaminants on there still and you'd just be asking for marring...
Old 05-30-2009, 08:29 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Thanked 1,232 Times in 996 Posts
^ +100
Old 06-01-2009, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G:Luv View Post

You can that same exact gun at harbor freight for under $5
Old 06-01-2009, 05:22 AM
Well if you don't want to touch the car. Put your car in the shade. First you would need to get a pressure washer. First you rinse the car off with the pressure washer. Then foam down the whole car with dawn. Trying wait 10mins (Keep foaming the car). Then pressure washer off with deionizer water(So it doesn't leave water spots). You can also use a air blower to dry your car faster.

You can see if that works. Pressure washer is the only thing that come up to my mind on what would actually removes dirt during pre rinsing and would actually remove the soapy residue after soaping the car down.