mr. lube woes - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • mr. lube woes

mr. lube woes

Old 05-28-2008, 01:02 AM
mr. lube woes

yeah, I heard all the stories of mr. lube. I ignored them for the sake of convenience... so flame me but read on...
I go in to get an oil change Wednesday after work...
Saturday midday, cruising with my buds, I hear a ping and my buddy honks at me to pull over, and this is how I looked:

guess who's pissed?
so clearly, I need a tow... I figure, mr. lube's issue, so they'll right the wrong... CAA flat bed drops my car facing the wrong way, so we decide to try to push it backing into the mr. lube bay... I'm on the driver side with the door closed pushing, concentrating on making sure my side clears the doors and is centered on the bay. The mr. lube supervisor who's helping me push, is on the passenger side, but for whatever reason, doesn't close the door, and the inevitable happens: he watches for clearances and doesn't realize the door is still open (my dumbass didn't notice it either) and it slams into the cement pole that protects the bay, crushing my door

phone calls later... I spoke with the general manager, who has been a decent guy so far... we went to Infiniti, got the body work priced out to just under a G, she goes under the knife next Monday... now my question is, what else should I be asking for in terms of compensation from a franchise oil change shop who can't tighten my drain plug? who claims they already double-checked it?

I already tried to talk this, saying "what if my buddy wasn't with me, I hadn't noticed my oil level light and I had blown my engine? what if I didn't have CAA?" to which he responded, "I can't fix what if's, I can only fix what happened"... just for context heh... even if he offered free oil changes, do I really want these guys touching my car again?
Old 05-28-2008, 01:45 AM
... I'm really speechless...

How hard is it to tighten a drain bolt? Are you sure it's not the oil filter? Drain bolt's NEVER come loose.

They're offering you free oil change so you'll have second thoughts about taking legal action, but in this situation. I would probably escalate it to legal issue.

Sorry to hear about this... Good luck!!
Old 05-28-2008, 01:54 AM
I went under to check it out when we got it into the bay...
the filter looked alright, the drain bolt was flat out gone...
they come loose from vibration if they weren't tightened right to begin with...

never pursued anything through legal... wouldn't know how to even start!

Last edited by nekromanxer; 05-28-2008 at 02:01 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:51 AM
Wow thats UNBELIEVABLE. i worked at mr.lube for 10 days in april before i got a job in insurance (grey power;ING) for this summer...mind telling me which location you went to?
this is something that SHOULDN'T have happened under any circumstances at all, you should definitely call the owner of the location and have a talk with them, im sure this is something they dont want to be made public (news papers, etc.) not only for the specific location but for mr lube franchises in general.

Last edited by brownfv; 05-28-2008 at 02:55 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:56 AM
That is what I call a "bad day"! Hope everything works out fine and their is no further damage.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Rated M
^+1
Sorry to hear about your woes Nekro.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:03 AM
Wow, it hurt me as I read the first two posts. I've dealt with Mr. Lube for a while now in Kitchener at Highland and Fisher Hallman with only one problem.
I agree that they can't deal with what if's. They can always say you should have noticed the warning light. As to compensation for their numerous Fkups I'd settle for lifetime fluid changed with the products of you choice (Synth) for any car you own for as long as you drive. Sht happens and it sounds like they are trying to make it right by going to a stealership to get the repair done.
Just remember to be calm and matter of fact ( not emotional ) as you negotiate. Ask what they are offering in the way of compensation for your time/trouble/emotional damage/media silence. Wouldn't hurt to talk to a lawyer either.
Real sorry nekromanxer, hope it all works out.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Holy schit.....
Getting the car damaged on top of the oil loss is terrible.

Hope they sort things out for you; ....keep us posted
Old 05-28-2008, 09:05 AM
Talk about one fawcked up day. Glad your friend noticed the oil spill. That could've been catastrophic. At least they fessed up to the issues at hand. Good luck with the repairs. Also note go to a known shop for oil changes next time.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:30 AM
I would never, ever, consider going to one of those shops. Looks like you learned the hard way
Hopefully everything works out for you.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:37 AM
someones getting fired....
Old 05-28-2008, 10:01 AM
That's terrrible news Nekro.

It reminds me of my last car. I had the oil changed at the dealership and the teckies forgot to tighten the oil filter. I drove to work the following day and noticed that I was loosing oil pressure .
Thank goodness I just pulled into the lot and shut my car off, she was smoking vary bad. I had a fellow employee follwing me for about five minutes just prior to arriving to work. He couldn't believe that I made it that far.

The dealership compensated me very well to say the least.

Hope everything works out for you.

I would insist on having the engine checked for any internal damage too.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Sorry to hear about that...

I'm not going to mr lube ever again.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Speechless here. You've shown remarkable self-restraint, if it were me, you'd hear about it on the news. Maybe in compensation you can get a case or two of synth, some good filters and change your own oil. Anyway, good luck getting it all sorted out, let us know how it goes.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:30 PM
which mr. lube location was this?