Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • paytickets.ca

paytickets.ca

Old 10-20-2006, 01:40 AM
paytickets.ca

Hey guys,
I might be bit too late to ask but here it goes...I got a ticket 16-17 days ago. i was going 70 on a 50zone..the cop reduced it to 15 over and gave me a ticket for $52....he said it was going to be $295 or something because i was speeding in the community safe zone and its always double the fine.
Anyways i tried few times last week and i just finished checking it now at paytickets.ca
everytime i enter my offence number and the 4 digit number..it says "This ticket has not yet been entered into the database. You may still pay it now by providing the information below. "

i had 15 days to pay it off but its been like 17 days and still the ticket hasnt been entered in the database. Does this mean im off or will i be paying around $110 for not paying on time
Im a student now, so that $50 is like my 2 weeks of check....my fun days r over
Old 10-20-2006, 02:16 AM
You always gotta hit people where it hurts, in the wallet. Pretty good deterent, huh? Slow down.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:32 AM
i understand it was my fault...one thing i cant understand is i was going the same speed as other people...two cars were ahead of me and im pretty sure they were going the same speed...one car was beside me going faster then me....So why does it have to be me who the cop pulled over....cuz of the tints? car? age?
Old 10-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbir_Sandhu
i understand it was my fault...one thing i cant understand is i was going the same speed as other people...two cars were ahead of me and im pretty sure they were going the same speed...one car was beside me going faster then me....So why does it have to be me who the cop pulled over....cuz of the tints? car? age?
It sucks but thats the way it goes.
I've seen guys get passed & the cop nails the last guy (who is slower) just because it's easier.
*it's not fair* doesn't get you any sympathy from the cop.... (just us )
Old 10-20-2006, 09:44 AM
Rated M
Manbir, that's a shame. It sounds too like you probably missed the deadline for the lesser fine as well.

G/L
Old 10-20-2006, 10:01 AM
should have mailed that sucker in. sorry manbir.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:19 AM
go the bank and pay it TODAY. get a stamped receipt and you'd be good. they say 15 days but there is always a grace period of 5 days or something. second option is, mail them a cheque and back date it and if the time of payment ever comes into question, a copy of the cashed cheque is your proof you paid it on time. you can't control the mail or their processing centre can you?

the worst that can happen is that you'll get a notice in the mail in about 60 days saying you've been charged and convicted for the offence and your set fine is $xxxx.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:24 AM
+1 ^^ Chico is right. You should be okay doing it that way. Btw, sorry to hear about the ticket.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico
go the bank and pay it TODAY. get a stamped receipt and you'd be good. they say 15 days but there is always a grace period of 5 days or something. second option is, mail them a cheque and back date it and if the time of payment ever comes into question, a copy of the cashed cheque is your proof you paid it on time. you can't control the mail or their processing centre can you?

the worst that can happen is that you'll get a notice in the mail in about 60 days saying you've been charged and convicted for the offence and your set fine is $xxxx.
thanks bro for the help, im going oshawa today i'll find the court room there and just pay it off.....
I was just wondering why it wasnt entered in the database.
i went to the bank and they said they only pay parking tickets and not the traffic...its soo damn far....
Old 10-20-2006, 11:09 AM
Quote:
thanks bro for the help, im going oshawa today i'll find the court room there and just pay it off.....
I was just wondering why it wasnt entered in the database.
i went to the bank and they said they only pay parking tickets and not the traffic...its soo damn far....
no problem. you're right banks only accept parking tickets. it's been a while I've had any tickets. whatever you do...pay it. the ministry is known to suspend your licence without notifying you for unpaid tickets and if you have an accident in the interim, you'll be dealing with a HUGE problem with the insurance company and the police.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:06 PM
I called durham regin court, and i mentioned to them how the site kept giving me a error regarding the database. I was told durham gives you 40 DAYS to pay the ticket!!! i was shocked, and asked her 3 times if it was really 40 days or 15 days as it says on the ticket. She repeated 3 times telling me its 40 days so by next week it should be entered in the database...

neverr knew that....she did brought a smile on my face and made my day
Old 10-20-2006, 02:31 PM
O.F. Administrator
Quote:
I called durham regin court, and i mentioned to them how the site kept giving me a error regarding the database. I was told durham gives you 40 DAYS to pay the ticket!!! i was shocked, and asked her 3 times if it was really 40 days or 15 days as it says on the ticket. She repeated 3 times telling me its 40 days so by next week it should be entered in the database...

neverr knew that....she did brought a smile on my face and made my day

............and hopefully she's not wrong.... .
If I were you, Manbir, I'd still pay it ASAP to be safe.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune....It's not hard these days to pick up a ticky or 2, and yes our G's seem to attract more attention than others.....

C.

Tags
cars, database, durham, entered, information, not, pay, paytickets, payticketsca, pictures, police, powered, providing, regional, this, ticket, vbulletin
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: