Brake Caliper Paint Removal - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Brake Caliper Paint Removal

Brake Caliper Paint Removal

Old 02-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Brake Caliper Paint Removal

How Do I Get This Ugly Caliper Paint Offfff!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2006, 07:24 PM
do you have brembo's?

Last edited by Raznips; 02-24-2006 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raznips
do you have brembo's? If so... why? Obviously you dont appreciate them lol.
not brembos, stock 04 calipers, i painted them RED and now i hate it, i want it offfff.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:01 PM
If the paint hasn't cured, just try using plain brake cleaner from any auto parts store.

If that doesn't work, use . Strips it pretty fast, but I would take the calipers off the car (this stuff can take off powder coating). You don't want to acidentally spray this stuff on your car. Be sure to wear a mask, gloves, and eye protection.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Just clean it and paint over, like black or silver. Or gold if you want to be a brembo wannabe.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:56 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnite
Just clean it and paint over, like black or silver. Or gold if you want to be a brembo wannabe.
^^^+1 1 or two coats would work
Old 02-24-2006, 08:59 PM
THE BATMOBILE
dude your cooked
Old 02-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnite
That's a good idea. I just saw a picture of slikster818's car. I like the black Axis Milanos. A painted silver caliper would give a good bit of contrast behind the wheels, yet not make it stick out too much.

You may want to try the G2 stuff to get a smoother finish. Or sand it down a bit and and use some high temp caliper paint.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox
If the paint hasn't cured, just try using plain brake cleaner from any auto parts store.

If that doesn't work, use . Strips it pretty fast, but I would take the calipers off the car (this stuff can take off powder coating). You don't want to acidentally spray this stuff on your car. Be sure to wear a mask, gloves, and eye protection.
will this damage the brakes in ANY way?
Old 02-25-2006, 04:38 AM
I've done it twice to my Wilwoods (they came black). First time, I went with yellow, didn't like it. Then I went with candy red, and it got old after a year. Finally, went with a plain red that everybody has. It has to be just the right red. Too light, it looks funny; too dark, you can't see it.

For the yellow, I just used brake cleaner since the paint didn't fully cure yet. The second time, I had to use the stripper since the paint was basically baked on. Just to be safe, you can cover the piston with some piece of plastic (small piece of garbage bag) and tape around the piston. It's probably covered with brake dust so it probably needs a good cleaning anyway. Personally, I would remove the caliper completely to get into all the nooks and crannies. Just give it a good wash after you're done.

If you are still uncomfortable using this stuff, just take the other recommendation of painting it over with silver or black. In the end it will probably turn out about the same.