Anyone use the Upper control arm bushing set from autozone to press out bushings? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Anyone use the Upper control arm bushing set from autozone to press out bushings?

Anyone use the Upper control arm bushing set from autozone to press out bushings?

Old 01-14-2014, 02:27 AM
Anyone use the Upper control arm bushing set from autozone to press out bushings?

So I've got to replace the dreaded LCA bushings. I don't have the greatest tools available (no press, no torque wrench, etc.) However, I am hoping I may be able to get this job done by renting tools from auto zone. I see that there is an OEM upper control arm bushing service set on their website, but IM curious to know if anyone here has tried this method.
I purchased the whiteline bushing set (w52991 & w52992) and will probably buy the compression rod bushings (w83389) tomorrow. Anyone know if this service set that AutoZone offers will do the trick? & if anyone in So. Cal has a press and can offer to help I would greatly appreciate it & compensate you as well! Thanks as always. I've been researching this job for weeks now and think I can tackle it, seeing as I am short or cash & have to bargain shop at the moment like many of us. Any info will be helpful!
Old 01-14-2014, 02:53 AM
Here's the libero the service set:

It also says removal of the lower control arm isn't necessary ...almost sounds too good...
Old 01-14-2014, 09:00 AM
i used it a while ago.. i replaced my bushings with poly's..

it was a son of a shtich to get them out and new ones in ..

the cups it comes with help but are not exact for our parts.
i ended up using some old sockets i had found whene i moved into this house .

i used a milwaukee impact gun. corded . to loosen and tighten. but its a pita to get into and out of small spaces youl have ..

so i removed the lca completely in order to have the space to work .
mind you i lived in n.y. for the better part of this cars life . so i had alot of rust to deal with from salt from cold snowy winters ..

good luck .. this can be done .. just take your time .
Old 01-14-2014, 04:45 PM
Thanks for that info Willie Beans. Man I keep hearing about how much of a !*# it is to get these bushings out without the right press..harbor freight sells a 6ton but from what I hear we need 10+ for this job.
IM going to check out that service set now, wish I had an impact gun..but hopefully a breaker bar & torque wrench will get er done.
I need a garage already. Thanks again. Cheers!
Old 02-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_in_the_G View Post
Thanks for that info Willie Beans. Man I keep hearing about how much of a !*# it is to get these bushings out without the right press..harbor freight sells a 6ton but from what I hear we need 10+ for this job.
IM going to check out that service set now, wish I had an impact gun..but hopefully a breaker bar & torque wrench will get er done.
I need a garage already. Thanks again. Cheers!
I had purchase a 12 ton press a while back just for this job but ended up returning it to harborfreigh because I did not use it and my bushing seems okay. A year later and my bushing just ripped last week. I managed to get a pair of new replacement arms with a 5 year warranty from a U.S. parts seller on eBay. Once I install them I will get Whiteline bushings and replace the oem arm with them...so now I have to buy a press again becaue I can't find a local shop that does this service. The 6-ton should work because that's what the guy on my360z used to replaced his and many others.