mevotech vs dorman vs beck/arnley - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • mevotech vs dorman vs beck/arnley

mevotech vs dorman vs beck/arnley

Old 03-24-2013, 11:34 AM
mevotech vs dorman vs beck/arnley

im just trying to get some feedback on the manufacturers; which is better than the other etc. i have to replace several parts of the suspension and need your input/feedback.

Posted from panoramic-3d.ru App for Android
Old 03-25-2013, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdwirk1 View Post
im just trying to get some feedback on the manufacturers; which is better than the other etc. i have to replace several parts of the suspension and need your input/feedback.

Posted from panoramic-3d.ru App for Android
I have been using Mevotech parts on a few cars lately and have been satisfied with the quality. I believe Beck A. tends to be the best of the bunch, whereas doorman tends to be the worst.

Just be careful ordering the pats and double check with the manufacturer to make sure the part you are ordering is correct for your application.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:40 PM
are the coupe compression rods interchangeable with the sedan? ive looked at have received conflicting answers. i cant seem to find the mevotech compression rods for the sedan.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdwirk1 View Post
are the coupe compression rods interchangeable with the sedan? ive looked at have received conflicting answers. i cant seem to find the mevotech compression rods for the sedan.
check on mevotech's site for the correct part number for your sedan, it's there.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:02 PM
I am a big fan of keeping it OEM.

If I had to choose: beck

Dorman- no even on 15 yr old beater.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:11 PM
So I must be an idiot because I cant seem to find the part number on the mevotech website. I need #15 in the suspension diagram. Last night I was looking on ebay and I noticed that the same part for the coupe had the same number stamped on it as did some of the listings for the sedan. Is there anything to this?

The 2nd picture is of the compression rods for a coupe. I saw the same numbers stamped on some of the sedan listings but they are 3 times the amount (OEM only)

It seems impossible to find an aftermarket compression rod for the sedan.
Attached Thumbnails
mevotech vs dorman vs beck/arnley-3840175.gif mevotech vs dorman vs beck/arnley-coupe-comps.jpg
Old 04-11-2013, 10:38 PM
Same problem - I cannot find compression rods for 2003 sedan anywhere on vendor catalogs and rockauto. It is displayed as for coupe.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_guy View Post
Same problem - I cannot find compression rods for 2003 sedan anywhere on vendor catalogs and rockauto. It is displayed as for coupe.
My friend had the same problem, ended up getting the "coupe" arms off of rock auto and they fit his sedan.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMoLITIoN View Post
My friend had the same problem, ended up getting the "coupe" arms off of rock auto and they fit his sedan.
Cool, thanks...lots of threads here suggest they are not interchangeable