RACELAND coilovers any good? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • RACELAND coilovers any good?

RACELAND coilovers any good?

Old 03-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Arrow RACELAND coilovers any good?

$469

Only height adjustable

Does/has anyone used these? My buddy had these on a turbo mx-5 and he really liked them. For the price he said they were a good coilover. He was going to buy G35 coupe and these were going to be his first purchase. He said RACELAND just added the G35 to their lineup.

I need new shocks on my 03 sedan. It's either these or tokico blue/pro kit combo

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated

thanks guys/gals

DOMO
Old 03-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Search around, some people are running these. Personally I would rather go for the stock and struts combo at that price range unless you're willing to pump up to at least $1k for an entry level coilover system. Heck I ran some entry level coilovers for a few years and the high adjustment and handling was pretty nice but the ride was crap and when I get my next set of coils, I'm going to buy the next step up.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Sedan >
These are cheap and you'll be getting what you pay for..if you don't want to spend a lot on coils look at getting topspeed (mdu) coilovers instead just for height adjustability. If you're just looking to get the blown shocks off the tokico's with some good springs will ride better than any of the cheap coilover setups.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaE35 View Post
These are cheap and you'll be getting what you pay for..if you don't want to spend a lot on coils look at getting topspeed (mdu) coilovers instead just for height adjustability. If you're just looking to get the blown shocks off the tokico's with some good springs will ride better than any of the cheap coilover setups.

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm sold on the tokico/pro kit setup. I'm looking for a nice ride. Or an oem type feel.

Quick ?.... Do all coilovers make the ride more harsh than the oem ride? Or do the more pricey coils actually ride just as smooth?

Thanks again
Old 03-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted920 View Post
Thanks for the responses guys. I'm sold on the tokico/pro kit setup. I'm looking for a nice ride. Or an oem type feel.

Quick ?.... Do all coilovers make the ride more harsh than the oem ride? Or do the more pricey coils actually ride just as smooth?

Thanks again
It can get really complicated due to a lot of variables, but the short answer is yes. Coilovers will be have higher spring rates and in general just be stiffer and less comfortable going over bumps and what not. But you also have to factor in personal preference as some people like the smooth stock ride and others prefer something a bit stiffer.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:05 PM
I like it rock hard bic boi
Old 03-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Haha ^^^

I do like a stiff ride, but not on my DD. I have a built and soon to be caged civic that is my road race car. 14k/10k makes for a very uncomfortable ride.

But for my DD sedan, I want it as comfortable as possible. It will NEVER see a track
Old 03-07-2013, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted920 View Post

Thanks again
It depends on the coilovers. Most japanese and taiwanese coilovers run way too high dampening rates and end up pretty harsh because people think that's how they are supposed to feel. And because they are crappy and aren't really digressive, and they need to have high low speed compression or people will complain the car is floaty.

Maybe you should look into bilsteins. Slightly more expensive than tokico blue, but not by that much. or koni yellows, but they are even more expensive.

Ride comfort is dependent on a lot of things, including spring rate, bump stops, and dampening and bushings. The better quality shocks in general are more digressive and give decent low speed control with a sharp knee and tapering forces for the higher velocity bumps.

Most coilovers have higher spring rates for the lower ride height. If you are looking for comfort you probably want to look towards those with progressive springs (bilstein pss), or get lighter springs and super beefy bump stops.

If it's never seeing a track, what are you looking to do? Maybe you'd best be served by oem suspension and sway bars. Retain the clearance and ride quality mostly and get a little less body roll.

For your original question, you get what you pay for. Raceland coilovers do not seem to be of high quality.

PS: comparing spring rates across vehicles is more or less meaningless because of the motion ratios and unsprung and corner weights. Wheel rates are better indicators of ride stiffness.