UNUSUAL sound at my front left wheel! SOS - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • UNUSUAL sound at my front left wheel! SOS


UNUSUAL sound at my front left wheel! SOS

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-27-2011, 12:56 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 48
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
UNUSUAL sound at my front left wheel! SOS

hey hey

you know when you drive next to a wall or cars and you can hear everything going on with your car? i just noticed that there's a SWISHING sound as if there's something rubbing as i drive. i can hear it clearly when i'm driving 20-35 mph and the soft swishing/scraping sound coincides with my wheel rotation. AND when i brake, there's a grinding sound. as if something is being dragged on the ground underneath me... does anyone know what's going on and solutions?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:59 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (9)
Join Date: Sep 2006
location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 1,599
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Wheel bearing.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:06 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 48
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullvietFX View Post
Wheel bearing.
oh dang. sounds serious.. what to do??
Old 04-27-2011, 01:16 AM
07GRider's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jan 2011
location: New Jersey
Posts: 126
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Brakes

its not that serious (if its that ) its not like ur tranny dropped just wear and tear .... you can do it urself or which i would prefer getting it done by a profession shop
Old 04-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 48
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07GRider View Post
its not that serious (if its that ) its not like ur tranny dropped just wear and tear .... you can do it urself or which i would prefer getting it done by a profession shop
how urgent is it? my wheels aren't going to suddenly stop rotating right??? ><;;

are there any recommendations for parts? i'm currently residing in LA. any shop recommendations?

thanks a lot 07GRider
Old 04-29-2011, 12:46 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 48
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
so now i'm confused. i went to a body shop and had a technician drive around with me and he was sure that it was a wheel bearing issue.

then i went to the infiniti dealership in santa monica and they told me that wheel bearing issues occur when turning; not when going straight. but for my situation, it's the exact opposite. when i'm making a turn it doesn't make any noise.. it's when i am cruising straight. any thoughts?
Old 04-30-2011, 12:05 AM
07GRider's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jan 2011
location: New Jersey
Posts: 126
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
it is like a like 1 lump once in a while or a steady sound ??? also what happen when you go over a speed bump or into a driveway??
Old 04-30-2011, 03:21 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 48
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07GRider View Post
it is like a like 1 lump once in a while or a steady sound ??? also what happen when you go over a speed bump or into a driveway??
It's a steady sound.. When I pull up into my driveway I hear the scraping sound pretty well (esp when I break). Speed bumps... I'm not too sure about. I think it sounds fine when riding neutral over them. It's most prominent when I get off the freeway and coming down the offramp to a stop at the light..
Old 04-30-2011, 04:06 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
Join Date: Feb 2009
location: bay
Posts: 1,283
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Infiniti is full of ****,

wheel bearings make noise while going stright but stop while turning, when the car turns it sends force making the lose bearing tighter.

any mechanice will tell you also, ive done my own diag, as well has other confirm. We took out the bearing and the last 3 times were right, it was bad( on different cars, not the G)
Old 04-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (7)
Join Date: Jan 2005
location: TN
Posts: 660
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Check your brake pads. It sounds like it may be the studs on the pad are grinding into the rotor. In regards to the wheel bearings, there is potential that could be the cause. I replaced my front wheel bearings several days ago, when I tested the bearings, by lifting the car in the air and checking for play in the wheels, there was none. As soon as I got to the passenger wheel bearing itself, when spun, it felt like it had sand in it.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 48
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Scoobyroo View Post
Check your brake pads. It sounds like it may be the studs on the pad are grinding into the rotor. In regards to the wheel bearings, there is potential that could be the cause. I replaced my front wheel bearings several days ago, when I tested the bearings, by lifting the car in the air and checking for play in the wheels, there was none. As soon as I got to the passenger wheel bearing itself, when spun, it felt like it had sand in it.
i recently discovered that it's the rear left wheel. one of my coworkers told me that any time i do work on the wheels i'm suppose to get them realigned.. is this true?

as for checking the stud and pad contact, what should i look for? is there a site you can link me so you don't have to go thru the trouble of explaining it to me?

thanks!
Old 05-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 48
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


if you follow the link above, that is what my rear brake pads look like.. why is the pad on top worn to the metal while the pad on the bottom is almost completely there?? is this normal?

i no longer think it is a wheel bearing issue but a break pad issue. any feedback?

i replace both brakes correct?

Last edited by Natmats; 05-01-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (7)
Join Date: Jan 2005
location: TN
Posts: 660
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natmats View Post


if you follow the link above, that is what my rear brake pads look like.. why is the pad on top worn to the metal while the pad on the bottom is almost completely there?? is this normal?

i no longer think it is a wheel bearing issue but a break pad issue. any feedback?

i replace both brakes correct?
If your rear brake pad looks like that, yes, replace all of your brake pads to be on the safe side. When I first changed out my factory brake pads on my brembos at like 40K miles, my inner passenger side rear brake pad was the same exact way. I had to replace the rear rotors due to this also (damage was only to the passenger side, but always to brakes in an axle set). I don't think its abnormal, but I can say since I have changed to non-oem pads, I haven't noticed this issue when I changed my pads for the second time.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 48
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Scoobyroo View Post
If your rear brake pad looks like that, yes, replace all of your brake pads to be on the safe side. When I first changed out my factory brake pads on my brembos at like 40K miles, my inner passenger side rear brake pad was the same exact way. I had to replace the rear rotors due to this also (damage was only to the passenger side, but always to brakes in an axle set). I don't think its abnormal, but I can say since I have changed to non-oem pads, I haven't noticed this issue when I changed my pads for the second time.
I ordered stop tech street performance pads today. Should I shoot for changing out the rotors too?
Old 05-03-2011, 09:04 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (7)
Join Date: Jan 2005
location: TN
Posts: 660
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natmats View Post
I ordered stop tech street performance pads today. Should I shoot for changing out the rotors too?
I personally would replacd all the pads and rotors. But, if your front pads are good, and there are no issues (warped rotors) in the front, you can get away with just doing the rear pads and rotors. Im certain that rotor with the pad resembling what what was in the picture has a deep groove on that brake pad's side.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
G35X 2005 AT 2 questions about suspension and brakes kinetek Brakes & Suspension 9 08-03-2015 05:25 PM
FS[SoCal]: 20 inch Concept One RS8 wheels for sale IEMaestro 20 Inch 0 07-30-2015 05:30 PM
2008 G35x Knocking Noise at Highway Speeds rping Brakes & Suspension 0 07-26-2015 10:53 PM
FS: 2006 G35 coupe Liquid platinum TheefrshstVQ G35 Cars 0 07-26-2015 10:37 PM


Tags
2002, bearing, brake, car, front, g35, hear, infiniti, left, scraping, sound, sunfire, swishing, unusual, wheel
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 AM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, panoramic-3d.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


transmission fluid flush vs drain and fillroad slicksapexi panel filtertwin turbo for g37strasse forged wheelswobble bolts 5x112 to 5x114.3g35 costg37 stillen supercharger kitcouture wheelspulstar pulse plugjl audio 500 1 v2how to blackout taillightsloose steering wheelbrake lubricant350z vs m3burning rubber smell in carnorcal srt4wingless gtrfiberglass for beginnersg35 performance chipcraigslist redwood city california350z amspassport 8500 x50 manualsatisfied brake padshypertech updatecallahan brake calipersmb battle wheelsescort zr3nokya cosmic whitenissan rogue vdc2004 bmw 645ci reliabilitytint tail lights spraysubframe bushing replacementbride rep seatsalpine iva-w200eklass wheelsbm transmission coolerinfiniti sedan g35kicker sound systemduralast gold rotorschain wrench crankshaft pulleydiy power bleedertein basic coiloverinfinity gx240z vin decodertirecrawlercar ramps low clearanceecsta 4x reviewgreen caliper coverskenwood ddx8019diy exhaust hangerg37s vossenisimple tranzit usbsai anglecraigslist.org dfwpioneer avh-p4400bhjl 500.1 amppep boys temecula californialed license plate lights legalsymptoms of a bad maf sensorinfiniti edmond okpsiclopsprimacy mxv4 reviewinfinity 62.7 igalantvr4.orgsignal light blinking fastpowermax usa350z throttle body spacerinfiniti fx body kitg35 coupe 6mt for salehyundai genesis vs infiniti g37kumho lx platinumplasti dip bronzegram lights 57s proflush or drain transmission fluid