is it safe to bring car to MAVIS for a brake job? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • is it safe to bring car to MAVIS for a brake job?

is it safe to bring car to MAVIS for a brake job?

Old 12-17-2010, 09:24 AM
is it safe to bring car to MAVIS for a brake job?

My 06 g35x needs new front brake pads and i'm getting the lights in the dashboard (BRAKE, VDC OFF, and SLIP) already.
The stealership wants to charge me like 300 bucks for new pads, no rotors needed thanks God.
I stopped yesterday by MAVIS and they told me that if the car needs regular pads they would chagr e59.99 and if the car uses ceramic pads it would be about a 100 <-- that's wassup!
Anyways, i'm still kinda skeptical about leaving my car in MAVIS. Don't know why. I know my g35x ain't a buggati but still, i wanted to run it by you guys first.
chime in please!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Ironically, GIAN13, I was facing a similar situation with the banditos and my my local S. Florida stealership -good word - quoting the same 300 beans.

BTW no MAVIS' down here; just a regional N.E. chain, right?

I have a local wheels-tires-suspension guy (small, family-owned Dales Wheels & Tires in Ft. Lauderdale), whom I always got that type stuff from..........but it never dawned on me to have 'em do my brakes.

Well, after having my rears done for 3 Bills last year, the fronts hit 3mm, so I knew 2mm - about 1500 miles later, I'd be due for pads.

Decided to run it by Dale & Linda.

And I'll be damned if they didn't quote me about $120.00 for pads (better pads at that), $160ish if rotors came into play.

After a very short time period, maybe 45:00, a hour, tops.

Final tally:
$116 - front pads only needed.
$ 20 - tip to my installer
$136 ( Whaaaaat?)

Imagine that.........saved just 60% on material & labor, cash I keep from those thievin' b--ches.

And I love giving tips to fellow working class peeps, not to mention, also having some extra moolah for when the wife and I are out & about.

Have since been forgiven, but only after a solid cussin' out by my "trusted" friend - business and personal friend, I should add - who has saved me major cash over the last 15 years modding 3 vehicles.

Now, do you have any local business people you can trust.......even if they're running National or Regional chain? Or, relatives/friends who do?

I didn't deduce that you - for the moment - know anyone MAVIS or had any decent referrals.

Trust is my thing, and knowing someone wants my business back enough to not juice me EVER, that's big.

Good luck. I'm sure you've got some options in your area.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:50 AM
i will ask my local mechanic later one to see what he charges.
I'm sure i'm not paying 300 + tax for new pads at the dealership.
The other day i went with a black key that i got fromebay and they charged me 75 bucks for programming it. I felt raped but hey i guess they gotta make their money too >:-(