NISMO Suspension S-tune setup with sways for G35 Coupe 07 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • NISMO Suspension S-tune setup with sways for G35 Coupe 07

NISMO Suspension S-tune setup with sways for G35 Coupe 07

Old 12-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Thumbs up NISMO Suspension S-tune setup with sways for G35 Coupe 07

Hey everyone,

I have search and search, I am unable to find any data or reviews on people with G35 coupe who have the NISMO Suspension S-tune setup with sways.

I currently have 2007 G35 coupe with Premium Package/Aero Package and Sport-Tuned Suspension Package. I don't drive it much so it only has about 2,300 miles on it.

I am starting my project to take the car to the next level up from OEM.

I have been looking at NISMO S-tune setup, I like the fact that I don't have to adjust the car after install and it's all pretune from the NISMO.

But I like to hear from people who have this setup, will the car be lower ? will it get a better ride? will most of the body roll be gone and give me tight ride.

I will also be doing new wheels Rays VR-G2 20inch in the rear and 19inch up front. Also NISMO front bumper with charge speed rear bumper.

But right now I just want to work on the Suspension right now.

Thanks

Please help thanks.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:15 PM
wow, I guess there are not a lot of people on this board with this setup.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:15 PM
its a very mild drop, for the money you can buy coil overs that will handle alot better than the s-tune. Your mostly paying for the name
Old 12-10-2009, 09:19 PM
I have Nismo S-tune springs and dampers with stock sways. They were on the car when I bought it so I can't compare it to the stock setup. It is quite comfortable and feels like a "stock" setup to me. It is firm but not rock hard, doesn't crash through bumps and potholes; the movement of the damper and spring feels very controlled. It will lower the car slightly, about 25mm I think.

It does have body roll though, I can't say if its less than stock but coming from a background of running coilovers, it has way too much body roll for me. It is highly likely that aftermarket sways will remedy this and you will have good ride comfort with excellent handling.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Thanks for input! I would be doing the complete setup with nismo aways.

I am also looking at KW-3 as well.

Well I need to do Camber Upper A-Arms and rear Toe Control Rod with NISMO setup ?

I am also looking at this setup Kw-3 with CUSCO Sway Bars and CUSCO Negative Camber Upper A-Arm & CUSCO - Toe Control Rod.. With ARC Titanium Strut Bar:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline250GT View Post
I have Nismo S-tune springs and dampers with stock sways. They were on the car when I bought it so I can't compare it to the stock setup. It is quite comfortable and feels like a "stock" setup to me. It is firm but not rock hard, doesn't crash through bumps and potholes; the movement of the damper and spring feels very controlled. It will lower the car slightly, about 25mm I think.

It does have body roll though, I can't say if its less than stock but coming from a background of running coilovers, it has way too much body roll for me. It is highly likely that aftermarket sways will remedy this and you will have good ride comfort with excellent handling.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Yes you will need adjustable camber and toe as i am out of spec with the Nismo S-Tune springs.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline250GT View Post
Yes you will need adjustable camber and toe as i am out of spec with the Nismo S-Tune springs.
Do you have s-tune suspension for the Z or the ones for the cpv35? I thought nismo drop is only ~.8 and does not require aftermarket camber arms? I thought that was the point of the nismo suspension (as long as you get the ones specific to your vehicle), that it is non-adjustable and is agressive as you can get in ride height without the need for aftermarket adjustment for alignment?

When I had an alignment done after s-tune install, I was all w/in factory spec except .1 out of range in front. This was with oem 19's though. I'm not sure if I will need camber arms with s-tune suspension and larger and wider Volk wheels/tires...
Old 04-30-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm curious about the Nismo suspension on the G, too. Subscribed.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Sorry guys, I won't be much help here. The car came from Japan with the suspension on it, I dont know if its for the Z or G. Again, with the drop your figures are probably more accurate than mine as I dont have the original setup to compare it to.

My alignment is definetely out of spec though, the shop can get it close but not within factory specs. Mind you, the car has done 102000kms now so the suspension is a getting tired.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
I see the original post was from five months ago...but...

My installation and review of the JDM S-TUNE G35 suspension...still love it

http://panoramic-3d.ru/forums/brakes-...sion-yeah.html

Another review I used to help to decide about my purchase.

http://panoramic-3d.ru/forums/brakes-...ine-coupe.html
Old 05-03-2010, 07:36 PM
From what I can gather... there is a Nismo S-Tune suspension. And there is the suspension off the Nismo (edition) 350Z, model year '07 and '08. Is there a difference?
Old 05-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnylaw View Post
Do you have s-tune suspension for the Z or the ones for the cpv35? I thought nismo drop is only ~.8 and does not require aftermarket camber arms? I thought that was the point of the nismo suspension (as long as you get the ones specific to your vehicle), that it is non-adjustable and is agressive as you can get in ride height without the need for aftermarket adjustment for alignment?

When I had an alignment done after s-tune install, I was all w/in factory spec except .1 out of range in front. This was with oem 19's though. I'm not sure if I will need camber arms with s-tune suspension and larger and wider Volk wheels/tires...

What you think is correct is
Old 05-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by money042 View Post
From what I can gather... there is a Nismo S-Tune suspension. And there is the suspension off the Nismo (edition) 350Z, model year '07 and '08. Is there a difference?
Yes there is a difference...no I don't know what it is though.