Megan Racing Track Series Coilovers Users Please Help! - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Megan Racing Track Series Coilovers Users Please Help!

Megan Racing Track Series Coilovers Users Please Help!

Old 09-22-2008, 04:01 AM
Megan Racing Track Series Coilovers Users Please Help!

I just got Megan Racing track series coilovers , and there is a amazing difference in handling and ride quality vs my 350z s tech and got it very cheap, the only thing that is bothering me is my rear is higher than my 350z s tech setup and my front is lowww, my installer adjusted the coils all the way they can go, but he did not adjust the spring setup, just left it the way megan left it, now there is still threads above the spring to make it shorter to drop it more, he is saying that is going to be a more bumper ride because your stiffing the spring and makin it shorter that is no good, what do u guys think? now also these megan racing dont use the oem spring compartment, it is all in one, what do you guys think about that? is that normal? heard there are some companys that do that?
here are pics of my rear that show the coils. please someone help me.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:05 AM
will i be fine if i adjust the spring rate setup? makin it shorter to make it more of a drop? is my ride quality going to be ****ty? should i go for some other coilovers?
Old 09-22-2008, 04:32 AM
bump for u omar.... i dunno why u didnt go with bc though??? but all good
Old 09-22-2008, 04:37 AM
True coilovers FTW!!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35_FTMFW
True coilovers FTW!!
are u talkin about bc? or megan
Old 09-22-2008, 03:01 PM
anyone good with coilovers help me
Old 09-24-2008, 02:43 PM
no one on this forum has megan racing track series coilovers?
Old 09-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Former panoramic-3d.ru Vendor
I really don't get what you are asking...the spring stays the same no matter how you lower it or raise it....
Old 09-24-2008, 04:21 PM
the shock is to the lowest, im askin if its normal to lower the spring to make the car lower?
Old 09-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Former panoramic-3d.ru Vendor
here
Old 10-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Your rear struts have a lot of adjustment in them. The lower locking ring sets the ride height. You loosen the lockring and turn the shock body into the lower bracket to lower the car. The upper double locking rings are for spring preload. Generally speaking, you do not need to touch those unless you are corner balancing. They should be set to zero preload on the spring, meaning all the slack in the spring is taken out with the car in the air on jack stands.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsowhat1
Your rear struts have a lot of adjustment in them. The lower locking ring sets the ride height. You loosen the lockring and turn the shock body into the lower bracket to lower the car. The upper double locking rings are for spring preload. Generally speaking, you do not need to touch those unless you are corner balancing. They should be set to zero preload on the spring, meaning all the slack in the spring is taken out with the car in the air on jack stands.
i brought down the spring closer to the bottom piece, thats fine right?
Old 10-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Use a yard stick against the wheel and fender to see how much you lower your car.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:38 AM
Honestly your not suppose to touch the top perch thats touching the spring. I may be wrong and someone else can chime in.

But from what I know...You just load the spring with enough turns to keep the spring by moving around onces thats set leave it.

Just adjust the lower perch...if it's fully lowered then thats pretty much it..

I wouldn't wanna sacrafice the ride quality for being lower. but to each there own.

However if you don't care about the ride quality just lower the perch under the spring and your set = )
Old 10-12-2008, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwong
Honestly your not suppose to touch the top perch thats touching the spring. I may be wrong and someone else can chime in.

But from what I know...You just load the spring with enough turns to keep the spring by moving around onces thats set leave it.

Just adjust the lower perch...if it's fully lowered then thats pretty much it..

I wouldn't wanna sacrafice the ride quality for being lower. but to each there own.

However if you don't care about the ride quality just lower the perch under the spring and your set = )
i dropped the spring pretty low, an 1inch away from the lowest adjustment thing, ride quality is still the same as i had it before when it was way high.