Centric Posi Quiet pads????? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Centric Posi Quiet pads?????

Centric Posi Quiet pads?????

Old 06-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Question Centric Posi Quiet pads?????

Has anybody here ever used Centric Posi Quiet pads on there G?? If so tell me what you think about them. I'm really looking for stopping power.

I search and all I can find are posts about their rotors.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:35 PM
I have their pads on my G. I have about 14k miles on them and I am very satisfide. They give off a lot less brake dust than OEM pads and they stop better also. (I do have cross drilled and slotted rotors)
Old 06-18-2008, 02:42 AM
Centric's 106 series Extended Wear pads are designed for long life and low fade, not braking performance. Their 105 series ceramic have better braking performance. The 104 series semi-metallic (which a lot of SRT8 guys use) is not available for the G35.

If you're looking for good braking performance, I suggest looking elsewhere. Axxis Ultimate is probably your best bet if noise and dust are not an issue. OEM seems to be pretty good as well.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:31 AM
I had Centric Posi Quiet Extended Wear pads 106 series with standard Centric front rotors installed a year ago for under $600 parts and labor. The installation was done at a Chicago area service shop Casey Automotive (they have 4 shops in the Northwest Suburbs). Included lifetime (of car ownership) warranty replacement of pad components.

These pads are recommended by Zeckhausen and Brakewarehouse for street driving, with low dust, low noise, good cold temp response, and little fade, all of which I have confirmed. Centric recommends these pads over their Ceramic pads (105 series). According to Centric ceramics need to be heated up, especially in cold climes, for good stopping power. Only difference from OEM is the need for a bit more pedal pressure at start of braking.

BTW Zeckhausen does show part number for the Semi Metallics for the G35.

These pads did not need to be bedded.

One year on (7500) miles and brakes grab like new.

See this post from a BMW 335i driver
Old 10-13-2008, 02:12 PM
This weekend, I installed front and rear Centric rotors and 106 series pads in my 05 Coupe.

I took the car out to bed the pads and was surprised that I could not engage the ABS under full braking.

I followed the same Stoptech bedding procedure I've used a dozen times on my Corvette in the past, so I'm confident that I bed them properly. I didn't touch the brake lines, so I didn't introduce any air into the system.

My G is a commuter and sees no track time, so I was looking for a good daily driver pad set -- the 106 series was recommended to me. However, my first thought is that I do not like them -- seems I really have to mash the pedal to get good braking -- and I'm troubled that I can't engage the ABS with a full panic stop. Of course, I read the description of the 106 before I bought them, so I wasn't expecting to set any new records for braking distance, but I'm still surprised how these feel.

The Centric rotors look like a very nice product, with the centers coming painted black. The 106 pads may have just been the wrong choice for me. I'm going to give it another week or two and then decide what to do.

on edit -- I'm beginning to think that I probably just glazed the pads because I never should have bothered to bed them in the first place. I'm going to go in there with some 400 grit sandpaper to the rotor and pad and see if I get an improvement. If that doesn't help, I'll probably just have to get new pads.

on 2nd edit -- I decided to run through the bedding process a 2nd time, but without getting the brakes as hot this time. The results were much better. I now have good braking feel and I can engage the ABS. So for now, I will leave it alone.

Last edited by maxximase; 10-15-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:02 AM
I had a set of the Posi Quiet pads and I didn't like them. They had no initial bite and felt like they were made out of wood.