*DIY Paint Headlight insides* V36 - Page 2 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • *DIY Paint Headlight insides* V36


*DIY Paint Headlight insides* V36

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 120
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by das stig View Post
??? could you post a picture and ill try to help you? Done this a tone of times but still have no clue which piece your talking about
I would have to take off the bumper again. Ok so I was able to get to unscrew the 3-4 bolts holding the headlights and I can pull it out a couple of inches but its not coming out anymore because of two wires attached to the housing. What did you guys do at this step?
Old 04-20-2011, 12:16 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 356
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
oh i think i know whats up. youll only be able to pull them out a couple of inches because the wiring harness that is connecting your car to the headlights is clipped in near the bottom of the headlights. You can see where it connects when you pull it out as far as you can, then just stick a flat head screwdriver between the clip and the back of the headlight and pry. It will just pop out back towards the car. Then you will be able to pull the headlight out further and then just disconnect it.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 120
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by das stig View Post
oh i think i know whats up. youll only be able to pull them out a couple of inches because the wiring harness that is connecting your car to the headlights is clipped in near the bottom of the headlights. You can see where it connects when you pull it out as far as you can, then just stick a flat head screwdriver between the clip and the back of the headlight and pry. It will just pop out back towards the car. Then you will be able to pull the headlight out further and then just disconnect it.
Yup its that harness near the bottom but I tried to pry it from the bottom of it and it didn't budge. I will give it another try when the weather is better.

There's also another wire attached to a black frame with a clip but can't reach the clip because its in the closed frame. Do you know about this? Thanks.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 356
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Ill send you a pm with my number, just hit me up when your pull them apart again and ill help ya out.

If you aren't able to pull off the headlights from the car then you probably shouldn't be doing this modification on your own. Honestly taking the headlights off the car is the easiest part, opening them up is a huge bitch, painting is a tricky bitch, re-sealing them is the biggest bitch, and then re-lining everything up and re-installing everything is a painful bitch...... bitches are the worst, haha. needless to say I wouldn't personally attempt this if your having trouble now. I'm only saying this because I don't want someone to accidentally screw up their car and then not have anything work, seal, or line up properly and be pissed off that they even tried. Although if you do give me a call and ill try and help you as much as possible.

Last edited by das stig; 04-20-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 356
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
my latest set for inspiration... 2011-04-10_16-39-15_960.jpg?t=1303315300
Old 04-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 120
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by das stig View Post
Ill send you a pm with my number, just hit me up when your pull them apart again and ill help ya out.

If you aren't able to pull off the headlights from the car then you probably shouldn't be doing this modification on your own. Honestly taking the headlights off the car is the easiest part, opening them up is a huge bitch, painting is a tricky bitch, re-sealing them is the biggest bitch, and then re-lining everything up and re-installing everything is a painful bitch...... bitches are the worst, haha. needless to say I wouldn't personally attempt this if your having trouble now. I'm only saying this because I don't want someone to accidentally screw up their car and then not have anything work, seal, or line up properly and be pissed off that they even tried. Although if you do give me a call and ill try and help you as much as possible.
I was working in a tight garage and it was raining and cold so that was making everything more difficult. I will give it another try once I know the weather. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:20 PM
GXXXV X's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (10)
Join Date: Mar 2011
location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,600
Thanked 66 Times in 61 Posts
^^ did you end up figuring out how to do this?
Old 06-10-2011, 03:40 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 120
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsolo08 View Post
^^ did you end up figuring out how to do this?
I did end up doing it, the harness was such a bitch to unplug. I used a blow dryer to open the headlights and it took forever. I recently bought a heat gun which was on sale and that would've been easier. Looks very different now so my car stands out.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:49 AM
GXXXV X's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (10)
Join Date: Mar 2011
location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,600
Thanked 66 Times in 61 Posts
cool im thinkin bout getting a heat gun for this, to paranoid to use the oven rofl
Old 06-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 120
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsolo08 View Post
cool im thinkin bout getting a heat gun for this, to paranoid to use the oven rofl
Same here. A heat gun would've made my life so much easier then with a blow dryer.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:53 PM
GXXXV X's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (10)
Join Date: Mar 2011
location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,600
Thanked 66 Times in 61 Posts
hmmm...my bumpers is welded onto the fender.......EDIT never mind its just a bolt thats impossible to get to so i ripped off the part holding it on to the bumper...

minus a few minor bolts that you forgot to mention, this is an excellent DIY! im reassembling my housing right now and it looks sick, i just hope i can remember where everyting go. but ya, you were spot on, right down to the bloody knuckles and numb fingertips!

will post pics when i done

EDIT: DONE. FINALLY. AT 1AM AND GOTA GET UP AT 5AM NOW PICS
Name: 2011-06-20_00-55-46_460.jpg
Views: 108
Size: 46.7 KB
Name: 2011-06-20_00-57-17_657.jpg
Views: 110
Size: 31.0 KB
Name: 2011-06-20_00-56-15_918.jpg
Views: 110
Size: 40.0 KB

Last edited by GXXXV X; 06-20-2011 at 02:02 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:02 AM
jookyshank's Avatar
I haz hugz to givez
iTrader: (13)
Join Date: Apr 2009
location: Denver, Co
Posts: 6,488
Thanked 286 Times in 263 Posts
Nice job! ...but you missed a spot...hehe jk
Old 06-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Oct 2005
location: Neverland
Posts: 14,494
Thanked 985 Times in 720 Posts
Great job. Only thing I would like to add is that you should always add new sealant when resealing the headlights to prevent condensation. Reusing the existing sealant doesnt always work.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:52 PM
GXXXV X's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (10)
Join Date: Mar 2011
location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,600
Thanked 66 Times in 61 Posts
Thanks jookyshank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee View Post
Great job. Only thing I would like to add is that you should always add new sealant when resealing the headlights to prevent condensation. Reusing the existing sealant doesnt always work.
Yeah that's the main thing I is worried about is condensation...
And somehow a hair appeared inside the headlight after I resealed it lol

Last edited by GXXXV X; 06-20-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:03 PM
GXXXV X's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (10)
Join Date: Mar 2011
location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,600
Thanked 66 Times in 61 Posts
Mo pics
Name: 2011-06-20_17-54-06_459.jpg
Views: 108
Size: 115.6 KB

Name: 2011-06-20_16-00-43_688.jpg
Views: 104
Size: 84.7 KB

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS[SoCal]: OEM Headlight Ballast/Ignitor lil beezy Lights 10 12-23-2015 06:25 PM
FS: Custom HKS rotrex supercharger kit! linedr89 Engine - Power Adders 10 10-04-2015 08:29 PM
Detailing 19inch Rays! cmesidewayz Care & Detailing 1 09-29-2015 10:28 PM
FS: OEM Headlight bulb set Philips D2R johnadlertech Lights 0 09-04-2015 01:35 PM


Tags
2007, black, diy, flat, g35, gloss, head, headlight, headlights, high, infiniti, light, move, paint, painted, paintheadlight, v36
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:22 PM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, panoramic-3d.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Related pages


pnc bank auto loanhow much is it to replace a valve cover gasketcusco cage8th gen honda accordis250 foruminfiniti g35 coupe turbo kitaverage cost of auto window tintingdeep key scratch repairxxr 521 18x8 5jwt nissanforester xt forumswift springs for bc coiloversreplacing a camshaft sensorhow to install hks turbo timerduralast gold 35-dlglegal tint in vaxxr 521 18x8.5h&r lowering springs reviewzex spark plugsnissan 350z straight pipe exhausttimken wheel bearings reviewauto transmission slippingalpine or kenwoodwhat kind of battery is in a nissan key fobhow often should power steering fluid be changedjackthreads stock350z subspresta waxcost to replace sway barcentric brake pad reviewinfiniti g35 horsepower 20042005 kia sorento batterymobil 1 synthetic vs royal purple2003 g35 sedan exhaustmemphis m class amphow do i find my sirius radio idh1 led bulbsjl audio 13.5 w7 specsvarrstoen 19x10 5weds kranze bazreiaplasti dip silver wheelssuspension strut replacement costd2s 6000k hid bulbtps report coveralexander keiths logog37x awdtop secret 350zhooters natomasredline diff oilnjdmv inspectioniridium vs platinum20mm spacerleather master san josejdm goodiesnitto nt555 stretch2009 mercedes clk550vertini magic wheelsplenum spacerfix scratched rimsspoiler king and wingmetalizernano nitrousaxxess aswc-1radar oahufoot pound torquehow to burnout in automaticpower steering reservoir bubbling2006 nissan 350z wheelscamo hood wraprims in dallasmakeup mirror replacement bulbsblack plasti dip rimsrockford fosgate p1000-1bdmemphis mojo subwoofersspeed bleeder canada