Diy: Sticky For Window Motor Repairs/door Panel Removal - Page 31 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Diy: Sticky For Window Motor Repairs/door Panel Removal

Diy: Sticky For Window Motor Repairs/door Panel Removal

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_mullet View Post
Hey there. I had a similar problem. My window would roll up, but its was jumpy when rolling down, or it would not roll down at all.
I cleaned up the motor, and put it back together. Seemed to be good, within one day the problem returned.
I took it apart a couple of days later, did another clean on the motor, then noticed the lubricant for the front trackbwas sticky. Used some brake cleaner to clean off the old lube, put some fresh grease and bobs your uncle! Works great going up and down now.
Thought I would share incase someone else can benefit. Also making sure cleaning where the armature seats into is cleaned is key as well. Good luck and thanks for the diy!!!
Update:
So shortly after this attempt it failed again. Took it apart again and the armature was gooped up again and so were the brushes. I decided to break it down further and see what's going on in the gear box.
Turns out there is this black tar type stuff I assume is used as a sealant. When I cleaned off the armature and brushes with some parts cleaner, I guess it leaked down and started to break down the black tar stuff, which in turn got on all the moving parts in the gear box. I cleaned as much of the black gunk off as I could, and swapped the drivers and passenger armatures. Since doing this, no problems with either window. The problem window now opens and closes faster than the one without issue. This fix cost me zero dollars, just a lot of time. If I would have broken it fully down the first time, would have been much quicker fix. Good luck to all, hope this helps!
Old 08-01-2015, 01:45 PM
Hey guys; do you think this issue is caused by the tracks being gooped-up, or perhaps something else? I just replaced the dc brushes with the recommended factory-identical parts and the motor is plenty strong now.. still, when the window gets lower on the track is becomes very sluggish.
Thanks
Old 08-01-2015, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GringitoLoco View Post
Hey guys; do you think this issue is caused by the tracks being gooped-up, or perhaps something else? I just replaced the dc brushes with the recommended factory-identical parts and the motor is plenty strong now.. still, when the window gets lower on the track is becomes very sluggish.
Thanks
Where did you get the brushes?? Link?
Old 08-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_mullet View Post
Where did you get the brushes?? Link?
Yes sir,

These are exact replacements, same size and all, the only thing you need to do is lightly file a slight curvature on the brush heads so they make flash contact with the motor itself.

They're sold individually; you'll need 2 of these per motor.. 4 brushes for two motors.

Last edited by GringitoLoco; 08-02-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:57 PM
i got mine at an electronics/hobby store.. they were on clearance so i bought a bunch
Old 03-13-2016, 09:28 PM
Used this post to assist me in changing out both of my motors today.

Was definitely more work then I thought it would be aligning the window with the tracks and keeping everything in place. But it worked out and I finally can cruise with my windows down lol.

Thanks a lot!
Old 07-11-2016, 01:18 PM
my window motor just started acting up this week thank you for this diy i will put it too good use
Old 07-12-2016, 07:07 AM
Did anyone notice their window not dropping when opening the door as a premature sign of failure? My window won't drop down in the front driver, window raises and lowers well though.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:34 PM
if its an aftermarket motor my warranty exchanged motor from orielys did that. it wasnt failing going up and down just the open door feature. i kept it on for couple of months out of laziness and finally replaced it under the lifetime warranty. these refurb motors are sometimes hit and miss
Old 07-19-2016, 11:41 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer View Post
Did anyone notice their window not dropping when opening the door as a premature sign of failure? My window won't drop down in the front driver, window raises and lowers well though.
probably needs to be reset or your motor depending on where you purchased it from could have bad limiter when they rebuilt it or the reset switch is completely stuck/seized.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:41 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by saywat? View Post
if its an aftermarket motor my warranty exchanged motor from orielys did that. it wasnt failing going up and down just the open door feature. i kept it on for couple of months out of laziness and finally replaced it under the lifetime warranty. these refurb motors are sometimes hit and miss
just saw your response lol!!! Exactly what I was getting at