Manual Shift Knob Removal - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Manual Shift Knob Removal

Manual Shift Knob Removal

Old 07-20-2005, 11:33 PM
Manual Shift **** Removal

Ok this may be a STUPID question. I feel lame for asking. To start off, I did a DD conversion install myself. However, I still can't figure out how to get the Manual Shift **** off of my 05. I'm used to just twisting it counterclockwise (to the left).

Anyone know how to take the shift **** off a manual transmission 05?

Thanks!

Last edited by Inno; 07-20-2005 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:00 AM
You need to snap up the trim piece on the bottom where the trim ring with the boot is located. Once you pop this piece up, you need to vice grip the shifter rod, so it wont move. You then need to have a large set of pliers and use a rubber insert to screw off the ****, while holding the vise grips to make sure the the shifter doesn't move. And yes, screw to the left. Some, mine was, are on pretty tight. They use some kind of thread locker and it can be hard to remove.

Lou
Old 08-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Dead Thread?

This might be a dead thread but I was looking for this info. Lou seems to have it right, just want to add the piece that pops up is the entire section of the console the ring attaches to (including the ashtray and hazard switch), the ring is held to the plastic with tabs and will not come off without breakage. I didn't break it but was thinking about it until I got the whole thing to pop off and viola'.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: SoCal!! small part out!!! cheap!!! _evilMonkey_ 2nd Gen (V36) Sedan 15 11-22-2015 07:21 PM
07 Auto coupe shifting issue UndyingDest Drivetrain 1 09-07-2015 01:49 AM
AC Drain G35CO G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 0 09-04-2015 10:27 AM
Do the seats have limits? pasjr1972 G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 0 09-01-2015 11:17 PM

Tags
350z, coupe, g35, instruction, knob, knobs, manual, removal, remove, replacement, shift, shifte, shifter, shiftknob, video
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: