Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend - Page 4 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend


Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-12-2018, 11:42 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 15
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I'm getting the reinstall done today. Keep your fingers crossed that it works out right this time. Will post pictures when it's done.

EDIT 5:30pm
—————
Well they finally got it right! I am very pleased with the results. Not only did they get the dash kit right, but after trashing the adapter that came with the Scosche kit and installing the PAC ROEM NIS2, the sound is awesome in my car! There is a very tiny fitment issue at the top right where it meets the dash but I can live with that. I probably just have to push it in all the way to get the tabs to click in.

All in all, Cartunes really did right by me and honestly guaranteed their installation. I only had to pay for the PAC ROEM NIS2. They said that Scosche provided them with the dash kit and that it wasn't even on their website, so I can’t tell you exactly what color it is. Hmm Take that for what's it worth.

Of course, if I were to do this myself, I would have painted the left and right ends since they are black on the factory radio. But, the silver doesn't look bad, and in some ways it feel like something new in my car.

Now, I lust have to go to battle with Pioneer in order for them to update the firmware of the head-unit so AppRadio/AppRadio Live works with an iPhone with iOS11; and doesn’t constantly through an error code when my iPhone is plugged in.
Attached Thumbnails
Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend-img_2676-s.jpg Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend-img_2677-s.jpg Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend-img_2678-s.jpg Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend-img_2679-s.jpg Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend-img_2681-s.jpg

Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend-img_2682-s.jpg Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend-img_2675-s.jpg

Last edited by pkdesign; 02-12-2018 at 06:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to pkdesign For This Useful Post:
PuvMan (02-12-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 07:57 PM
MM3Herb's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2009
location: HTX
Posts: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Nice Look, pkdesign! I'm glad I like it because I got something very similar. The Pioneer AVH-2300 with the scosche kit. Any chance you did a speaker upgrade? I'm looking to upgrade my door speakers as well but don't know what to get. After doing more & more research every day I'm more & more confused.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:07 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdesign View Post
I'm getting the reinstall done today. Keep your fingers crossed that it works out right this time. Will post pictures when it's done.

EDIT 5:30pm
—————
Well they finally got it right! I am very pleased with the results. Not only did they get the dash kit right, but after trashing the adapter that came with the Scosche kit and installing the PAC ROEM NIS2, the sound is awesome in my car! There is a very tiny fitment issue at the top right where it meets the dash but I can live with that. I probably just have to push it in all the way to get the tabs to click in.

All in all, Cartunes really did right by me and honestly guaranteed their installation. I only had to pay for the PAC ROEM NIS2. They said that Scosche provided them with the dash kit and that it wasn't even on their website, so I can’t tell you exactly what color it is. Hmm Take that for what's it worth.

Of course, if I were to do this myself, I would have painted the left and right ends since they are black on the factory radio. But, the silver doesn't look bad, and in some ways it feel like something new in my car.

Now, I lust have to go to battle with Pioneer in order for them to update the firmware of the head-unit so AppRadio/AppRadio Live works with an iPhone with iOS11; and doesn’t constantly through an error code when my iPhone is plugged in.
That certainly looks MUCH better! Glad they took care of you, and thank you for sharing!
I will likely go the Scosche route now, knowing we can get one that matches! Good amount of savings over the JDM route.

I also realized the sides are silver instead of black, but that's a minor annoyance. I may look to paint it before install.

Thanks again for sharing and keeping us updated!
The Following User Says Thank You to PuvMan For This Useful Post:
pkdesign (02-13-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 08:47 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2018
location: LA, Cali
Posts: 111
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Still only available for 03/04 though.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2013
location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 251
Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
Car tunes in largo, fl? Not sure if they are a chain or not..
Old 02-13-2018, 12:24 AM
Wrathernaut's Avatar
Gentle Manne of Leisure
iTrader: (5)
Join Date: Nov 2008
location: Very Southern Arizona
Posts: 7,784
Thanked 939 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdesign View Post
I'm getting the reinstall done today. Keep your fingers crossed that it works out right this time. Will post pictures when it's done.

EDIT 5:30pm
—————
Well they finally got it right! I am very pleased with the results. Not only did they get the dash kit right, but after trashing the adapter that came with the Scosche kit and installing the PAC ROEM NIS2, the sound is awesome in my car! There is a very tiny fitment issue at the top right where it meets the dash but I can live with that. I probably just have to push it in all the way to get the tabs to click in.

All in all, Cartunes really did right by me and honestly guaranteed their installation. I only had to pay for the PAC ROEM NIS2. They said that Scosche provided them with the dash kit and that it wasn't even on their website, so I can’t tell you exactly what color it is. Hmm Take that for what's it worth.

Of course, if I were to do this myself, I would have painted the left and right ends since they are black on the factory radio. But, the silver doesn't look bad, and in some ways it feel like something new in my car.

Now, I lust have to go to battle with Pioneer in order for them to update the firmware of the head-unit so AppRadio/AppRadio Live works with an iPhone with iOS11; and doesn’t constantly through an error code when my iPhone is plugged in.
Looks great! Glad they listened about the ROEM-NIS2. Tell them they owe Wrathernaut a soda.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wrathernaut For This Useful Post:
pkdesign (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 02:35 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 15
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM3Herb View Post
Nice Look, pkdesign! I'm glad I like it because I got something very similar. The Pioneer AVH-2300 with the scosche kit. Any chance you did a speaker upgrade? I'm looking to upgrade my door speakers as well but don't know what to get. After doing more & more research every day I'm more & more confused.
No, didn't do the speakers. I am happy with the sound I get with the factory speakers.

Do you have an iPhone? I constantly get an error code. Haven't nailed down exactly when I get it but it seems like when I unplug my phone.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:36 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 15
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshLikeAG View Post
Car tunes in largo, fl? Not sure if they are a chain or not..
Atlanta. They are locally owned so don’t think part of a chain.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:38 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 15
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
Looks great! Glad they listened about the ROEM-NIS2. Tell them they owe Wrathernaut a soda.
Hell, *I* owe you a soda! I wouldn't have known half of what i needed to if it weren't for you
Old 02-13-2018, 06:36 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2018
location: LA, Cali
Posts: 111
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdesign View Post
No, didn't do the speakers. I am happy with the sound I get with the factory speakers.

Do you have an iPhone? I constantly get an error code. Haven't nailed down exactly when I get it but it seems like when I unplug my phone.
Change out the speakers dude. U cant tell how flat they sound until u swap em out with some aftermarket stuff.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:01 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2013
location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 251
Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpi0 View Post


Change out the speakers dude. U cant tell how flat they sound until u swap em out with some aftermarket stuff.
+1
you don't know till you know

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:00 PM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, panoramic-3d.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


cs x3 air freshenersteering wheel controls for aftermarket radioserpentine belt drive beltduplicolor caliperaftermarket pedals2005 nissan altima timing chainforged performanceaverage cost to paint a car hoodpioneer 5600 bhsradiator bleed pinwindshield fluid not coming outc300 w204duraliminfix cigarette lighterweapon r short ram intakeadvanti wheels qualityhow to purge a radiator of airhandr springspioneer avh 5500bhsinfiniti g35 coupe custom for saleag f141l7 sub boxpep boys in hamden ctviper alarm programming3m 90100 paint defender systemvarsteonhyper voltage systemwindow tint front windshield stripfunction form coiloverscoolant purge tool350z offsetaspec blast pipespac roem nis2hankook icebearoptimum spray waxmarine gas additive350z clutch kitlabree motorsportsinfiniti g37 twin turbo kitfixing key scratches on carengine bay spray paintautosalon magazineshort ram vs cold airbose 6x9 speakerssickdealkey fob reprogrammingnitto invo tires reviewcrossfire amps for saleplasti dip removal wd40axle gear ratios explainedrx7 r1infiniti g35x partssilverado steering wheel controls aftermarket radiossv body kits2005 infiniti g35 service manualare 12000k hid headlights illegallsx swapmr lube kitchenerhow to darken tail lightshardwired escort 9500ix04 acura tl rims0452 codexxr 526ksport brakes any goodbmw 330ci zhp specswhat happens when cam sensor goes badrockford t1 12 inchhks exhaust tipssupercharger versus turbochargerdiy rack and pinion350z starterdiy billet grillebc ultimax reviewvq35hr swap