Full Custom Climate Control via Metra Board - Page 2 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Full Custom Climate Control via Metra Board

Full Custom Climate Control via Metra Board

Old 12-04-2016, 02:17 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by g35wheels View Post
whats the size lenth like audi board compaired to the metra ?
The encased metra board (in a slightly trimmed down form) is just under 7 1/2 inches. The Audi climate control in trim is just under 9 1/2 inches.

Here it is superimposed over the factory climate control. It's not perfect to scale due to angles, but it's pretty close. Those extra 2" are enough to make it go out past the edges of the factory center console stack.

Now, judging by the extra width to the center stack shown on it should tuck under there just fine.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:21 PM
thanks! i sure hope so!
why dont you open your own customs shop?
Old 12-04-2016, 02:35 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
thanks! i sure hope so!
why dont you open your own customs shop?
Then it's work, and I can't enjoy it like a hobby.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:13 PM
haha fair one!
Old 12-04-2016, 10:12 PM
I'm very excited to see that my old unsused piece of garbage Metra board found a good home!

Great work with it.

What about the LEDS on the Audi controller? Are they going to work?
Old 12-05-2016, 12:50 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch View Post
I'm very excited to see that my old unsused piece of garbage Metra board found a good home!

Great work with it.

What about the LEDS on the Audi controller? Are they going to work?
There's no audi controller at all in there. Not knowing what voltage they are on the audi board, and not having a car to plug it into and measure the voltage with means it's not worth trying to re-use them. Plus, since the audi board is completely unmodified, I suppose it could be re-sold.

So, since I do know the input illumination voltage is 12v, a few LEDs put on the custom board will do the trick.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
There's no audi controller at all in there. Not knowing what voltage they are on the audi board, and not having a car to plug it into and measure the voltage with means it's not worth trying to re-use them. Plus, since the audi board is completely unmodified, I suppose it could be re-sold.

So, since I do know the input illumination voltage is 12v, a few LEDs put on the custom board will do the trick.
The button control panel is out of an Audi and that's the LEDs I was referring to. But I apparently missed this part you mentioned earlier: "If the metra board sends the same voltage for LEDs, I might end up using them to illuminate the controls."

The custom board that you made, where is that used? Is the Audi panel really going to be used or did you use it for testing purposes? Maybe I missed some history on this and not 100% sure what's happening.

I'm just happy to know that the Metra controller I had lying around is going to actually be useful for something cool. The Metra controller was for my 04 so that could be why the jumper wasn't there. I didn't know anything about that either. I ended up getting the JDM DD kit after I had the Metra.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:05 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch View Post
The button control panel is out of an Audi and that's the LEDs I was referring to. But I apparently missed this part you mentioned earlier: "If the metra board sends the same voltage for LEDs, I might end up using them to illuminate the controls."

The custom board that you made, where is that used? Is the Audi panel really going to be used or did you use it for testing purposes? Maybe I missed some history on this and not 100% sure what's happening.

I'm just happy to know that the Metra controller I had lying around is going to actually be useful for something cool. The Metra controller was for my 04 so that could be why the jumper wasn't there. I didn't know anything about that either. I ended up getting the JDM DD kit after I had the Metra.
The custom board is inside the audi trim. It has new buttons mounted in the same relative location as the audi board did, but without any of the pesky internal wiring circuits that the audi board has. The audi board won't be used in the car in any fashion. It might get used as a paper weight or something, that's up to G35wheels to decide. Only testing done with it was testing how to remove it and set it aside. It's all in the posts, step-by-step.

The jumper could have fallen off when the board was removed, but I suppose that jumper could be all that is needed to swap it from 03/04 mode to 05/06 mode.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
The custom board is inside the audi trim. It has new buttons mounted in the same relative location as the audi board did, but without any of the pesky internal wiring circuits that the audi board has. The audi board won't be used in the car in any fashion. It might get used as a paper weight or something, that's up to G35wheels to decide. Only testing done with it was testing how to remove it and set it aside. It's all in the posts, step-by-step.

The jumper could have fallen off when the board was removed, but I suppose that jumper could be all that is needed to swap it from 03/04 mode to 05/06 mode.
Awesome, makes perfect sense now. Great work.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:24 AM
The Audi buttons will be installed into my g35 Vaydor build
Old 12-12-2016, 09:18 PM
this should be sticky you sir are a magician
Old 12-12-2016, 10:32 PM
Nice work boss
Old 12-13-2016, 01:30 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
this should be sticky you sir are a magician
Yeah, possibly, but kinda self-aggrandizing when you sticky it yourself.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:54 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Bump - Part 4 is up!
Old 12-13-2016, 02:57 AM
looks good. the lighting on that "auto" button isnt full

edit: just saw you noted that. can you sand down the led further so it dissipates the light earlier? if that makes sense, it would make the beam pattern more dispersed the more you sand down the led

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: