hidden 6.5" subwoofer enclosure - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • hidden 6.5" subwoofer enclosure


hidden 6.5" subwoofer enclosure

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-01-2015, 09:40 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 311
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
hidden 6.5" subwoofer enclosure

Let me just start off by saying WOW, we have tiny trunks in the coupes lol. My last build I threw 2 monster 15's in a 5 Cu Ft box in the back of my Jeep. weighed 300 LBS and took up literally every inch of cargo space. Needless to say, I'm enjoying having a trunk. Everybody knows the stock bose midrange woofers are meh. and any free-air 6.5" in the rear deck either sucks or rattles like crazy. So my solution is building an enclosure for a 6.5" subwoofer that replaces the plastic cover over the bose amp/sat unit, and it all gets hidden under the mat. This allows me to keep my spare and emergency tools, and 100% of my trunk! It will all be made out of 1/2" MDF and the box is vented (not tuned though, stupid WinISD would NOT accept 3/4 of the subwoofers parameters, even after triple checking. whatever) Total volume is .25 Cu Ft. Yea, kinda small, but hey, it's better than most stock 6" subwoofer enclosures. I also didnt want to pay $500 for a JL enclosure, that houses a 10" sub in maybe half of what it needs for free air volume...)

I'm going to be using a Massive Audio Summo 64. 150Watts RMS, and a big *** double stacked magnet on the back. it will fit perfectly in here.

Can't wait to get my build going. After a car show late this month, I'm selling a lot of aftermarket goodies off of my Jeep, and the sound system. That should give me everything I need to do a complete audio overhaul on the G

I'll include the file so you can look at the sub box in Sketchup.



G35 hidden 6.5 subwoofer enclosure.rar

Last edited by Frostbite91; 08-01-2015 at 09:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frostbite91 For This Useful Post:
Wrathernaut (08-02-2015)
Old 08-01-2015, 11:26 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (12)
Join Date: Feb 2005
location: Seattle
Posts: 1,739
Thanked 172 Times in 137 Posts
if you are doing this why not just cut an additional hole in door and just put it next to the 6.5?
Old 08-02-2015, 05:31 PM
Wrathernaut's Avatar
Gentle Manne of Leisure
iTrader: (5)
Join Date: Nov 2008
location: Very Southern Arizona
Posts: 7,769
Thanked 934 Times in 548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite91 View Post
Let me just start off by saying WOW, we have tiny trunks in the coupes lol. My last build I threw 2 monster 15's in a 5 Cu Ft box in the back of my Jeep. weighed 300 LBS and took up literally every inch of cargo space. Needless to say, I'm enjoying having a trunk. Everybody knows the stock bose midrange woofers are meh. and any free-air 6.5" in the rear deck either sucks or rattles like crazy. So my solution is building an enclosure for a 6.5" subwoofer that replaces the plastic cover over the bose amp/sat unit, and it all gets hidden under the mat. This allows me to keep my spare and emergency tools, and 100% of my trunk! It will all be made out of 1/2" MDF and the box is vented (not tuned though, stupid WinISD would NOT accept 3/4 of the subwoofers parameters, even after triple checking. whatever) Total volume is .25 Cu Ft. Yea, kinda small, but hey, it's better than most stock 6" subwoofer enclosures. I also didnt want to pay $500 for a JL enclosure, that houses a 10" sub in maybe half of what it needs for free air volume...)

I'm going to be using a Massive Audio Summo 64. 150Watts RMS, and a big *** double stacked magnet on the back. it will fit perfectly in here.

Can't wait to get my build going. After a car show late this month, I'm selling a lot of aftermarket goodies off of my Jeep, and the sound system. That should give me everything I need to do a complete audio overhaul on the G

I'll include the file so you can look at the sub box in Sketchup.



Attachment 173449
Last weekend I helped with an install for another user here, I was reminded of just how much space is down there. Have you considered going fiberglass and a sealed 10"? There's easily a square foot in that space if you're able to go along the contours. With a D-class amp, you can probably get them both completely hidden. If you're worried about air flow for the amp at all, the vent for the car is right there, a simple 12v computer fan in there (blowing out) and you've got real air flow through there.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 311
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .cakestar View Post
if you are doing this why not just cut an additional hole in door and just put it next to the 6.5?
I'm trying to keep this car as stock as possible. no extreme modifications. The only thing I will be doing is this audio upgrade and adding the Aero package, and maybe a front lip. plus it would rattle my window regulator like crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
Last weekend I helped with an install for another user here, I was reminded of just how much space is down there. Have you considered going fiberglass and a sealed 10"? There's easily a square foot in that space if you're able to go along the contours. With a D-class amp, you can probably get them both completely hidden. If you're worried about air flow for the amp at all, the vent for the car is right there, a simple 12v computer fan in there (blowing out) and you've got real air flow through there.
I might go fiberglass in the future, and it crossed my mind many times while measuring this all out. But I have 3 reasons I want to go this route
1: My dad has a professional wood shop and I love building speaker boxes
2: 1/2" MDF can be had cheap around here, much more so than fiberglass
3: I've always had big subwoofers. I'm really intrigued how this little guy will do. I watched a YT video of a DD equivalent to this sub in a .5 box that hit over 130db on music, so I"m sure this will be nice for ample bass, but without all the vibration. I can also wrap all my tools in a bag, set them inside the spare wheel and do another box on the other side if I really want to.

I just enjoy cheap projects like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frostbite91 For This Useful Post:
BradMD_96 (11-16-2015)

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: **G35 Twin Turbo** g.spot G35 Cars 12 05-09-2016 11:54 PM
David's IP G35 Coupe davizzle Picture Share 14 04-26-2016 07:10 PM
David's 2007 G35 Coupe Build Thread davizzle Media Share G35 Coupe V35 18 12-13-2015 01:47 PM
FS[SoCal]: D/S 4080 Enclosure & JL Audio W6v2 10 inch MrIP35 Audio/Video/Electronics 9 11-08-2015 11:47 AM
G35x Sedan Amp Wiring Situation - Issue JustinMKN1 G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 4 09-18-2015 04:40 PM

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 AM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, panoramic-3d.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


6000k lightccw classicfuel gauge reads empty when fullaftermarket rotorsnessen wheelstommaso augustavortech blow off valvewhy does car vibrate at high speeds350z pcv valveadr wheels reviewaudio heaven tintforgestar rimspioneer avh 3100dvd6.5 kicker subwooferp3200dvdknock sensor circuitblizzak ws 152012 infiniti g37x mpgbelair direct auto insurance quotemrr hr2 wheelslancer bbs rimsacura tsx paddle shifterselectric air intake superchargerinstalling amp and subslowering shockshooters woodlandspipeflexsherbrooke infinitihow to uninstall car batteryremoving haze from headlights150 shot nitrous kit2006 m35xhow to turn off the tpms light2008 g35 mpg2003 infiniti m45 sportcar insurance belairviper alarm 5706pedal position sensor symptomsg37 ipl specsgtr stageahow much is a paint job at maacomister transmission calgaryd&s meaningcar speaker grills 6x9lambo doors for yougtr rear lightsthe difference between 5w30 and 10w30g35x awd systeminfiniti honolulukoyorad radiatorg35 spacerkicker l7 sub boxs60r foruminfiniti g37 skylinetimken wheel bearings reviewg35 aftermarket tail lightsburnt clutchcostco ameriprise insurancessv soundhow much does it cost to replace ac compressor2 ohm 6.5 woofervq30de specsbmw m3 vs infiniti g37carbon fiber driveshaftwhisky river jacksonville flbird poop stainfake vossen wheelsinfiniti g35 coupe picturescheap horsepower modsssr sp1polished rota gridsflush 350z