Pioneer F700BT Problem... Please help - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Pioneer F700BT Problem... Please help

Pioneer F700BT Problem... Please help

Old 05-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Pioneer F700BT Problem... Please help

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I Installed F700BT in my G35. Nothing seems to be working except GPS and RADIO. Everything else is just grey and inactive. All setting options, phone options, AV options are grey. It doesnot recognize my ipod, my CD, USB and not even an SD card. Everything just stays inactive.

The wiring was checked twice. Everything seemes ok and I know the unit is fine too cause it came out of my firneds car and it was working fine.

I cannot even reinstall firmware because its not recognizing any SD card. Its very frustating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05-10-2013, 10:26 AM
I have a couple thoughts on this one and I'm sure others do as well.

1) Double check the wiring and I'm not talking about the physical connections. ENSURE the wires are connected to the proper vehicle wires. If it's only a harness then you should be fine. If you had to solder or crimp anything make sure you A) chose the right wire B) that you even need to connect that wire for your vehicle in the first place. This is likely the issue.

2) If you are using a third party cable for your iPod it may be defective.

3) Not likely but possibly static electricity caused a short or you didn't disconnect the ground cable and caused a short during install. Check your fuses on your kickpanel and back of radio.

Hope one of these help!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
I owned a F700BT (well, it's sister unit, the F90BT) so I know what you're working with.

Most of those options are grayed out because you don't have the parking brake wire connected. Those setup options are blocked out while driving so you don't crash while trying to adjust the EQ or input types while flying down the freeway.

Get somebody else to check your wiring if wiring up the parking brake wire doesn't fix everything. You can check it wrong 100 times and it still won't work until it's checked right.

Once the brake wire is connected, you need to set AV1 in the settings to iPod for it to detect the iPod.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
I owned a F700BT (well, it's sister unit, the F90BT) so I know what you're working with.

Most of those options are grayed out because you don't have the parking brake wire connected. Those setup options are blocked out while driving so you don't crash while trying to adjust the EQ or input types while flying down the freeway.

Get somebody else to check your wiring if wiring up the parking brake wire doesn't fix everything. You can check it wrong 100 times and it still won't work until it's checked right.

Once the brake wire is connected, you need to set AV1 in the settings to iPod for it to detect the iPod.
To add to this... if your parking brake setup is the issue... I would go ahead and get the pioneer relay off Amazon and bypass the stupid parking brake. If you have to get behind the dash you might as well expand your capabilities
Old 05-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Hey guys I really appreciate your responses.

I am sorry if I come out dumb. The guy who did installation put in a bypass switch. I turned it on and off couple of times. By doing this I got my System settings and Nav Settings back. However, SD, USB, XM and everything else is still grey.

If I have bypass switch installed, Do i still need to check parking break wire?
I will check it anyway and also go over threads to see how it is done properly.

Thanks
Old 05-10-2013, 11:57 AM
There is a very good chance that your headunit uses a double pulse to release the video settings. If he installed a relay the parking brake wire should NOT be connected to the parking brake!

Depending on the relay he may not have installed a double pulse. If it is the black relay with pins 30, 85, 86, 87 then it WILL NOT work for the pioneer units.

Try my solutions I previously posted and wait for Wrath to respond as he may have more thoughts since he owned a similar unit.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Thanks for your helpIt does seem like brake problem. I just got this message on screen

" CAUTION: system detected improper connection of parking break lead. Please check your configuration for safety. Please see operations manual for more information regarding safe operation"
Old 05-10-2013, 11:12 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tas85 View Post
Thanks for your helpIt does seem like brake problem. I just got this message on screen

" CAUTION: system detected improper connection of parking break lead. Please check your configuration for safety. Please see operations manual for more information regarding safe operation"
Go to AVIC411.com for help with this unit, it's a great resource for that headunit, since it's the F700 that's giving the issues, unrelated to the G35.