How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio - Page 4 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio


How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Urbanengineer's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Jun 2013
location: Pig Town, OHIO
Posts: 8,125
Thanked 642 Times in 606 Posts
Whoosh is the sound my head makes when I read over your first post again.

Quote:
The major difference between the first and second type are whether they connect at the back of the radio (Nissan-type) or at the satellite radio harness in the trunk (Infiniti-type). Nissan-type connect at the back of the radio, and as such, require removal of the factory radio (link at the bottom of the first post.
End quote.

Thanks for not responding

Also, what should I do about my iPhone 5? Can I just use the lightning adapter?
Old 07-30-2013, 02:19 PM
Wrathernaut's Avatar
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
Join Date: Nov 2008
location: Very Southern Arizona
Posts: 7,784
Thanked 939 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsA..Gthing View Post
I did read it,but im not exactly stereo inclined...Was wanting the easiest route,which was thinking the plug and play option..Going in the trunk of SAT..but not sure on how this works..Just don't want the hassle of pulling head unit out if possible..Sorry im a stereo noob
Since you've got an 03, you're very unlikely to be pre-wired for satellite, so you'll need to pull the radio and use any of the "nissan-type" adapters, like the .

Urbanengineer, with an 05 is almost certainly pre-wired for satellite and can use the and just hook it up in the trunk.

Last edited by Wrathernaut; 07-30-2013 at 02:27 PM. Reason: forgot to take year into account
Old 07-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Wrathernaut's Avatar
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
Join Date: Nov 2008
location: Very Southern Arizona
Posts: 7,784
Thanked 939 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer View Post
Whoosh is the sound my head makes when I read over your first post again.

Quote:
The major difference between the first and second type are whether they connect at the back of the radio (Nissan-type) or at the satellite radio harness in the trunk (Infiniti-type). Nissan-type connect at the back of the radio, and as such, require removal of the factory radio (link at the bottom of the first post.
End quote.

Thanks for not responding

Also, what should I do about my iPhone 5? Can I just use the lightning adapter?
So long as your lightning adapter is an official apple 30-pin to lightning adapter, you should be ok.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:49 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
Join Date: Nov 2012
location: N.C
Posts: 2,083
Thanked 218 Times in 187 Posts
Thanks...I know I have a SAT button,so I just assumed it was prewired in trunk..Tnx..
Old 07-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Wrathernaut's Avatar
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
Join Date: Nov 2008
location: Very Southern Arizona
Posts: 7,784
Thanked 939 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsA..Gthing View Post
Thanks...I know I have a SAT button,so I just assumed it was prewired in trunk..Tnx..
Having a SAT button only means you have a button with the letters S-A-T on it. Sadly it seems whatever button sheets were closer to the installer on the assembly line were put in, regardless of whether the car was unwired, wired for, or equipped with the satellite adapter. I'd check the trunk for the satellite adapter harness first, but chances are great that you don't have the wiring.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wrathernaut For This Useful Post:
ItsA..Gthing (07-30-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (19)
Join Date: Apr 2007
location: Bay Area NorCal
Posts: 937
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
Having a SAT button only means you have a button with the letters S-A-T on it. Sadly it seems whatever button sheets were closer to the installer on the assembly line were put in, regardless of whether the car was unwired, wired for, or equipped with the satellite adapter. I'd check the trunk for the satellite adapter harness first, but chances are great that you don't have the wiring.
So Ive been following this thread here and there. I have an 03 coupe with Bose system, but no navi (didnt want it). and yes, I have the infamous SAT button

Anyrate, attached you will find pictures of the SAT box in the trunk. Im not knowledgable about all the electronics, but hope by the pictures, you can guide me on whether this SAT box is wired or unwired... and which auxiallary option I should go for. The last two pics are of the connections to the SAT box angled the camera from the engine towards the back of the car





Old 08-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Wrathernaut's Avatar
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
Join Date: Nov 2008
location: Very Southern Arizona
Posts: 7,784
Thanked 939 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF?? View Post
So Ive been following this thread here and there. I have an 03 coupe with Bose system, but no navi (didnt want it). and yes, I have the infamous SAT button

Anyrate, attached you will find pictures of the SAT box in the trunk. Im not knowledgable about all the electronics, but hope by the pictures, you can guide me on whether this SAT box is wired or unwired... and which auxiallary option I should go for. The last two pics are of the connections to the SAT box angled the camera from the engine towards the back of the car


That's not a satellite receiver. That's your amplifier.

However, I'm pretty sure that this is your satellite harness:


If you can get a better picture of it, I can try and confirm, but I'm pretty sure that's it.

Edit: For some reason there's virtually nothing about the satellite radio tuner in the factory service manuals, except in the 2006 sedan manual, however, they should all be the same plug, if not the same colors. The plug should have 6 terminals on the side separated by the harness clip, and ten terminals on the other.

Last edited by Wrathernaut; 08-08-2013 at 05:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wrathernaut For This Useful Post:
Justice06RR (04-28-2016)
Old 08-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (19)
Join Date: Apr 2007
location: Bay Area NorCal
Posts: 937
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
That's not a satellite receiver. That's your amplifier.

If you can get a better picture of it, I can try and confirm, but I'm pretty sure that's it.
Thanks for pointing my amp lol... told you Im not knowledgable on this stuff.

But yeah I'll try and get a better pic. Figured I'd get general pics first
Old 08-09-2013, 12:36 AM
Northern BRO's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2011
location: south FL.
Posts: 112
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
For anyone that would like a extremely cheap option Crutchfiled has this sony system marked down from 250 to 49.99 SHIPPED.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:36 AM
Northern BRO's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2011
location: south FL.
Posts: 112
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
I just ordered one and figured I'd let you guys know about it before they are sold out or the price goes up.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Urbanengineer's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Jun 2013
location: Pig Town, OHIO
Posts: 8,125
Thanked 642 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern BRO View Post
I just ordered one and figured I'd let you guys know about it before they are sold out or the price goes up.
Ha as I wait to finalize my decision on my DDin, this is probably worth it! Is it plug and play or do I need a vehicle specific harness?
Old 08-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Wrathernaut's Avatar
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
Join Date: Nov 2008
location: Very Southern Arizona
Posts: 7,784
Thanked 939 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer View Post
Ha as I wait to finalize my decision on my DDin, this is probably worth it! Is it plug and play or do I need a vehicle specific harness?
According to the you're expected to just splice it between the factory headunit and the speakers. Definitely not plug-n-play. You'll have to identify the right speaker wires from a factory service manual, remove the factory radio to get to the wires to splice into the four speaker channels, tap a switched power source and power-on signal (cigarette lighter's easiest for both of those) and get a clean ground.

Considering this unit outputs a speaker-level signal, it's going to cause problems if you have the bose amplifier, so I wouldn't recommend it at all for anyone with the bose system.

Additionally, you're not going to get any sort of control of anything but volume through the factory headunit, so you'll have to rely on the handheld remote or direct control via the iPod to do anything with it.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Apr 2011
location: Markham, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 295
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
iphone 4s integration with nissan adapter ?

search owns me...
I have a 2003 G35 brembo coupe
with a Nissan 248H0-E-1254U adapter
iphone 3gs
iphone 4s

Ive found the plug for the SAT and have had the setup working so i know the basics

1) how do i reconfigure the plug(s) to charge the iphones ?
2) id love to find something that can be modded to allow the iphone to sit on the plug in the ashtray

any other resources would be great
Old 08-23-2013, 05:04 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 34
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Wrathernaut, thanks for taking time to post this great info. It's very helpful.

Earlier this year I purchased an '07 Coupe with the Bose system and Navigation. It also has working satellite radio which I believe is aftermarket (was factory satellite even an option?). I currently use an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 2) and would like to play phone audio through the sound system.

My original intent was to just add a 3.5mm audio jack to use a cable to connect to the phone. The Pacific Audio Corporation PAC ISNI531 seems to be the least expensive way to do this. After reading through your post I started thinking about the possibility of using bluetooth to transfer the audio signal using the USA-SPEC PA15-INFI. However I'm not certain this would work for an Android phone. It sounds as if all of the additional features with this module (such as using the steering controls to select songs) works on Apple products only. Is that correct? Additionally, I'm assuming my satellite harness in the trunk is already being used.

So it sounds like for an Android phone a 3.5mm audio cable is the only option and I should use the PAC ISNI531. Do you agree? Thanks so much for your help.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Wrathernaut's Avatar
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
Join Date: Nov 2008
location: Very Southern Arizona
Posts: 7,784
Thanked 939 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_G View Post
Wrathernaut, thanks for taking time to post this great info. It's very helpful.

Earlier this year I purchased an '07 Coupe with the Bose system and Navigation. It also has working satellite radio which I believe is aftermarket (was factory satellite even an option?). I currently use an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 2) and would like to play phone audio through the sound system.

My original intent was to just add a 3.5mm audio jack to use a cable to connect to the phone. The Pacific Audio Corporation PAC ISNI531 seems to be the least expensive way to do this. After reading through your post I started thinking about the possibility of using bluetooth to transfer the audio signal using the USA-SPEC PA15-INFI. However I'm not certain this would work for an Android phone. It sounds as if all of the additional features with this module (such as using the steering controls to select songs) works on Apple products only. Is that correct? Additionally, I'm assuming my satellite harness in the trunk is already being used.

So it sounds like for an Android phone a 3.5mm audio cable is the only option and I should use the PAC ISNI531. Do you agree? Thanks so much for your help.
Factory satellite is an option, and is probably what you have - if you're going for a basic and cheap method, you have something that can make yours *very* cheap. There is a stereo analog signal that goes between the satellite adapter and the factory radio. All you need to do is tap those wires to a 3.5mm female jack and turn the radio to satellite and you'll get the audio.

The factory service manual for the '07 coupe lists pins 33, 34, 35, 36 at the satellite adapter (21, 22, 23 and 24 at the radio), end up being arranged in a 2x2 square on one side, so they should be easy enough to find.
The wires at the radio harness (M90) are:
Left+ RED
Left- GREEN
Right+ BLACK
LEFT- WHITE

The wires at the satellite radio harness are:
Left+ Blue/Green
Left- Blue/Yellow
Right+ Orange/Blue
Right- White/Blue

You can tap them at the back of the radio, or follow the wires from the satellite adapter in trunk to somewhere in the main cabin. They stay the same color from the adapter to the radio.

Last edited by Wrathernaut; 11-08-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS[Texas]: 2008 Audi s5, supercharged, water/meth injection Mad A Not G35 Related 4 12-08-2015 02:45 PM
Water Madness G35xdriver04 G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 11 11-07-2015 09:31 PM
2004 G35 A/C Intermittent mattdg35 G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 3 09-14-2015 12:28 PM
2005 G35 Coupe 6MT - STRANGE electrical/starting issue Thebaws11 Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction 1 09-12-2015 09:53 PM
Motordyne Exhaust Issue Albanian122 G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 6 09-12-2015 05:02 PM


Tags
add, adding, auxiliary, car, diy, factory, g35, panoramic-3d.ru, infiniti, input, ipod, isni531, pac, radio, stereo, tube
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, panoramic-3d.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


nismo black aluminum shift knobpioneer avic d1in dash tablet installlojack pricesposi quietact hdsspassport 8500 service requiredaverage cost to repaint carstillen coupon codengk platinum spark plugspowerstop brake reviewsspark plug oil leakg35 side markersmr lube south edmontonllumar clear bra reviews6 inch bazooka bass tubenissan v36m1-1082004 g35 hpavh p3400bh firmware updategold brake calipersaxis se7enplasti dip calgaryautozone brake rotorssts turbo pricemedalion exhaustinfiniti g35 oil filtervq37vhr engine for salecleaning rusty rotors2007 infiniti g35 coupe interiorg35 stereojenifer lewis charmaine lewisautomotive trim tapeloc line output converterbattleship grey vinyl wrapnhra jacketravspec wheelseibach pro kit coilovers14829 magnaflowchase bays tucked radiatorkenworth t800 headlights3m magic tint2007 infiniti g35 reliabilityhid headlight chartdz rimsfk452 reviewshorter springs for coiloversg37 coupe rimshks gt superchargerhow to fix a rod knockinfiniti g35 ball jointbride gradation seatscts v caliperstsuna knotwhite smoke coming out of the exhaustbee r rev limiter for sale2004 maxima 6 speeddfw tubemichelin pilot alpin winter tires7440a bulbeagle one nevr-dull wadding polishwhy does my heater blow cold air in my carinfiniti ex35 maintenance scheduleengine rebuild diyinfiniti g20 2003nissan 350z rear seats350z airbagnismo cold air intake g35350z vs corvettethmotorsports promo codemotoring rimswhere to buy rims in torontowedssport sa55m