How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio - Page 22 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio

How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:13 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc0711 View Post
Hi,
first of all thanks for your great support.

Although it was mentioned several times that using an FM Transmitter is no good solution I bought one for just 10 bucks and used it so far.
As I will keep my car little longer (and won't sell it as planned) I however want to try the solution with the satellite harness in the back now. I checked today and as it seems my car has the harness. What I don't have is a sat button or any button beside just radio and CD on the front panel.
If I buy the PA15-INFI how could it be used means basically what happens as soon as I plug it to the harness in the trunk? If it is used instead of radio is there no more radio signal possible or how does this work? Due to the information on the front page the steering wheel controls work with the PA15, right? Means if I connect an iPod it will be possible to switch tracks directly with the steering wheel controls? Is there some kind of installation necessary for this or is everything just plug and play?
And last question: Is it possible to connect just a random USB stick or MP3 player (through USB) to the PA15 and are steering wheel controlls working as well in this case?

Thanks again for your help, really appreciate it
Marcus
There's no difference in radios, only button labels. Just hit the radio button to go through the different "satellite" radio sources. It doesn't eliminate anything. Once it's plugged in, it's detected and the radio adds it to the cycle.

Steering wheel controls work, the use of is documented in the PA15 user manual.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:22 PM
thanks. Do one of you guys know where I could get a used one cheap?

And another question as I heard that there are different options which do more or less the same.
Does anybody know where I could get a list of all items that could be connected to the satellite harness in the trunk?
On the frontpage there is only the PA15 mentioned but I guess there are also other (maybe cheaper) options.
I would not even need a ipod option, just connecting a USB stick with music or SD card would be sufficient for me.

Last edited by Wrathernaut; 04-15-2017 at 02:27 PM. Reason: no soliciting of sales in discussion forums.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:28 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc0711 View Post
thanks. Do one of you guys know where I could get a used one cheap?

And another question as I heard that there are different options which do more or less the same.
Does anybody know where I could get a list of all items that could be connected to the satellite harness in the trunk?
On the frontpage there is only the PA15 mentioned but I guess there are also other (maybe cheaper) options.
I would not even need a ipod option, just connecting a USB stick with music or SD card would be sufficient for me.
It's pretty much the INFI, or pull the radio. Pulling the radio is easy, and if you're wanting the wires to your USB port in the cabin, it's less work than routing the wire from the trunk back to the center console.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:29 PM
Has anyone tried one of the bluetooth FM transmitter kit that plugs into the cigarette lighter, uses an FM radio station to stream music from your smartphone, specifically the one in the link below? Reviews are plentiful and mostly positive. Would this work on a 2003 coupe?

Old 04-20-2017, 11:34 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisGee View Post
Has anyone tried one of the bluetooth FM transmitter kit that plugs into the cigarette lighter, uses an FM radio station to stream music from your smartphone, specifically the one in the link below? Reviews are plentiful and mostly positive. Would this work on a 2003 coupe?

They work for anything with an FM radio, and like any other wireless FM modulator, they're the low bar for audio quality.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wrathernaut For This Useful Post:
NemesisGee (04-23-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
They work for anything with an FM radio, and like any other wireless FM modulator, they're the low bar for audio quality.
Oh well, that's what I thought. The Bose HU is terrible anyway, I can't imagine this being much worse. I guess I'll give it a try, it's the simplest cheapest way to get BT streaming without resorting to taking things apart which in my incompetent hands will lead to more meadachers.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:06 PM
Premier Member
So looks like we may have a new option. After 8+ years of using the USA-SPEC PA15-INFI, the iPod cable has been acting funky lately. While looking up the part number to replace this old 30-pin style cable, I noticed that USA-SPEC now sells the BT45-NIS & BT45-INFI adapters.

Looks like the same concept of the PA15, but with bluetooth streaming capabilities. They also include a microphone for bluetooth phone calls, useful if you have a pre-06 model before BT was standard.

Any feedback on it yet? Tempted to go for it. I'll probably change the settings in my phone to use the car BT for calls, and the BT45 for media audio only. Looking at their video I'd have to toggle the input for handsfree calls to work, unlike the factory handsfree that trumps all audio sources.

Amazon link
The Following User Says Thank You to LoSt180 For This Useful Post:
Wrathernaut (06-16-2017)
Old 06-16-2017, 01:35 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
So looks like we may have a new option. After 8+ years of using the USA-SPEC PA15-INFI, the iPod cable has been acting funky lately. While looking up the part number to replace this old 30-pin style cable, I noticed that USA-SPEC now sells the BT45-NIS & BT45-INFI adapters.

Looks like the same concept of the PA15, but with bluetooth streaming capabilities. They also include a microphone for bluetooth phone calls, useful if you have a pre-06 model before BT was standard.

Any feedback on it yet? Tempted to go for it. I'll probably change the settings in my phone to use the car BT for calls, and the BT45 for media audio only. Looking at their video I'd have to toggle the input for handsfree calls to work, unlike the factory handsfree that trumps all audio sources.

Amazon link
Thanks for the heads up, I'll do a little looking on it and put it in the list.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:32 PM
I have one installed in my 2006 G35 now, but the radio only cycles to AM/FM1/FM2. I have factory XM and it no longer cycles to the satellite either. Suggestions???