If you found this post by search cause you're researching the AVH-P8400BH, here's some of the useful stuff from this thread so you don't have to read everything just to see your question wasn't answered.
- The Pioneer trim piece that comes with the unit will leave a gap at the bottom of the unit. Buy the
- You'll still need to trim the outer edges to fit your JDM/Metra trim, but the deck fits snugly through the hole. There are photos of this on p.3.
- The 8400 is compatible with both iPhone and Android technology. The iPhone requires the use of the CD-IU201S for full App Radio integration and Android phones require a Mobile High Definition Link (MHL) or a micro HDMI connection. ()
- Also for G's equipped with factory bluetooth, you may need to install the Pioneer-provided cell mic for phone calls. I couldn't figure out how to keep the factory cell mic, but if you do please share!
- Don't worry about the motorized faceplate clearing the gap. If you just use the holes from the factory harness you'll be fine - no modification necessary. IE., too far back vs. flush vs. too far forward etc. From post #47
- If you're installing on a G with factory bluetooth you will lose the steering wheel cell phone controls unless you do this:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
The telephone adapter is in the trunk, driver's side on the floor.
There's the large harness going into the telephone adapter in the trunk. In the very center are a green and red wire with a yellow right next to them. There is also green and red and yellow wires just to the side of the center. Connect the red to the red and the green to the green and yellow to yellow.
Here are some pics (Thread
Wires mentioned by Wrathernaut:
Cut these here:
However, results have not been confirmed yet.
- If you're planning on using the Bosch relay method to override the parking brake, it will not work the same with this deck. This should only be done for passenger viewing. If you use the Bosche relay, the only way to get it to work is to start the unit, select the video viewing mode of your choice, and restart it. This will trigger the relay corruptly for the unit. If you don't like this you can purchase
, and you'll be able to use any video mode by tapping through the messages that appear; no restart necessary.
- Here's a word of advice regarding bluetooth audio/Pandora from Pioneer's Facebook Page:
Here's a Tech Tip for those of you who may have the following question with our new 2012 DVD Receivers:
Why am I not receiving iPod or Pandora audio from my iPhone on my 2012 DVD receiver?
When using an iPhone with the 2012 Pioneer DVD Receiver models that feature built-in Bluetooth, the iPhone will prioritize the last connected source for audio output. For example, if the iPhone is plugged into the Pioneer iPod cable (CD-IU51V, CD-IU201V or CD-IU201S, varies by model) before the Bluetooth pairing process is complete, any audio from the iPhone (Music/iPod, Pandora, etc.) will be transmitted through the Bluetooth Audio connection. This will result in having control of your music on the headunit but no audio output. If the Bluetooth pairing process is completed before the iPhone is plugged in, audio from the iPhone will be transmitted over the dock connection cable.
To ensure seamless operation of Music/iPod and Pandora audio playback through the dock connection cable, we recommend allowing the Bluetooth connection to complete the pairing process BEFORE you connect your phone to the Pioneer iPod cable. This allows the Pioneer DVD Receiver to completely control switching between music sources without any additional iPhone settings changes needed by the user.
If you want to switch back and forth between the BT connection and the dock connection, you need to choose the audio source from the Music/iPod screen on the iPhone.
AVH-P8400BH — with Furqan Muhammad.
- Everything else you need is on Wrathernaut's Double Din Shopping and Resource List
, #1 sticky on this forum.
Begin original post:
Been looking at decks for a while now and I think I finally found the one that best fits my desires and price range, the Pioneer AVH-P8400BH.
Crutchfield has it available for pre-order only right now but I was wondering if anyone's had any experience with this unit yet- it seems like it hasn't quite been released?
Word to your moms.