Need help troubleshooting clarion headunit - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Need help troubleshooting clarion headunit

Need help troubleshooting clarion headunit

Old 01-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Need help troubleshooting clarion headunit

Alright so I set out today to get my clarion VX401 headunit in. I checked over all my wiring and the connections are all good but I'm having troubles getting the headunit to turn on. The lights come on for the buttons but the screen will not turn on whatsoever. The buttons are also unresponsive but there is a beep and the "source" button blinks once every time i turn the ignition on.
The wires i have connected coming out of the wiring harness to my headunit harness are as follows:
8 speaker wires
Power wire - yellow
Accessory wire (ignition) - red
Ground wire - black
Amp ground wire (tied in with above) - black/white
Power antenna wire - blue
Dash light/dimmer wire - orange

The only wire coming out of the wiring harness not attached is the blue/white one which is for the amp turn on, don't believe i need this for anything as I'm using the one coming out of the headunit for my amp (aftermarket for subs- stock bose amp is still in place for the speakers)

I have the parking brake line from the headunit running to the drivers side kick panel and its attached to the red/blue wire in there which i was told is the parking light wire.

The only wires coming out of the headunit harness not attached are the reverse switch for backup camera, don't need it as i don't have one. There is a brown wire for cellphone mute, also don't need that and then the blue/white amp turn on which still needs to be connected but shouldn't affected the functioning of the headunit.

Can anyone help me figure this out!?
Old 01-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Post up pictures of the headunit and adapter harness and their connections so we can clearly see them - not just a bundle with it still in the car.

So long as your ground is solid and the red and yellow wires are hooked up, the unit should power on just fine when the car's in the on position.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:38 PM
just got in from playing around with it, turns out the problem was the antenna. I didnt have it plugged in before as i didnt think it would have anything to do with turning the headunit on. turns out it does, cause it works perfect now

now im having some trouble with the gains on the harness, im using this one

the passenger front speaker doesnt seem to go very loud. i can get all the other speakers to work perfect but even with the gain all the way up there isnt much volume in that one speaker. the more i turn up the gain on the drivers side the quieter the passenger side goes. any solution to this? or should i just play with the setting on the headunit and balance it more to the passenger side?

Should i be using a LOC with the above harness and use the rca's instead?

Last edited by GDUP G; 01-08-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Bump
Can you help me wrathernaut you seem to be the audio genius around here

Should I use a loc and run it out of the RCA's with that harness?