Responder One Remote Starter - Door Unlocks on startup. Workaround? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Responder One Remote Starter - Door Unlocks on startup. Workaround?

Responder One Remote Starter - Door Unlocks on startup. Workaround?

Old 12-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Responder One Remote Starter - Door Unlocks on startup. Workaround?

I have a 2007 G35x on which I had a remote starter installed. I have a problem, my car the doors unlock when I remote start the vehicle.

The remote starter is a Python Responder One. The bypass is the iDatalink bypass module.

According to the iDatalink install guides I found online, the fact that the door unlocks when remote starting is a normal part of how this hardware works with this model car. In the iDatalink install manual it's called a "Type 4" install, or "SOLUTION 4 - TAKE OVER CANCELLATION WHEN DOOR IS OPEN."

Does anyone have a solution or workaround to this problem? If I could lock the doors via the remote immediately after I started the car I could probably live with that, but this remote starter doesn't include that functionality.

Is there a way I can get a 2007 g35x to remote start without unlocking the doors?
Old 12-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Does the remote lock your door also? If so there may be a setting in the responder to re-arm/lock after remote start process.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:33 PM
The remote does not have a feature to lock the doors. It does have an "unlock while running" feature. I wonder if this could be reconfigured to lock the door?
Old 12-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Use the starter output to pulse the door lock wire. You'll have to isolate the starter output from the door lock output so it doesn't lock your doors every time you start the car without the remote starter.

In the G the OEM disarm also unlocks the doors. If you could guarantee the OEM alarm will never be armed you can disconnect the factory disarm. Probably not a great idea though....
Old 12-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm taking the car back to the installer tomorrow, they are going to see what they can figure out. It sounds like it's something they should be able to fix.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:33 PM
I took the car back to the installer today. They were able to rework things so that the car starts without ever unlocking the doors. It turns out that the doors don't need to be unlocked in order to disarm the system for remote start.

I haven't yet removed the panels to inspect the work again, but the first time around it looked like a quality install. Assuming that the workmanship still up to snuff and the reliability continues, I'll consider myself a happy man.