Viper 5902 responder & remote start install price - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Viper 5902 responder & remote start install price


Viper 5902 responder & remote start install price

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Viper 5902 responder & remote start install price

Hi all,

I just called an authorized dealer/installer of Viper alarms in my area and I asked them how much would they charge me for a Viper 5902 alarm/remote start () and they told me that it would be $350 usd.

The guy said the I would have to buy a module to bypass the factory alarm for $100 and then $250 for the install.
Is this true? Do I really need the $100 module?

Please give me your thougts

I am not very sure if this is the right section to post about this, so please let me know if I should move it. Thanks
Old 09-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2006
location: Everett, WA
Posts: 66
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That viper system looks badass. I once helped a friend install a remote start unit in his Nissan sentra, and it was a major pain. That was 10 years ago, and I can only imagine its much more complex now.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:35 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmink78 View Post
That viper system looks badass. I once helped a friend install a remote start unit in his Nissan sentra, and it was a major pain. That was 10 years ago, and I can only imagine its much more complex now.
Thanks..A friend gave this system to me for free since he had an extra one..

I thought the install would only be around $150 but its not...I kinda dont feel like spending $350 on just the install...
Old 09-29-2010, 09:16 AM
spoolinupblue's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Nov 2009
location: Houston, TX
Posts: 291
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I have the 5901 and it cost me $450 installed.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:16 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 228
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
The module goes to around $90. That's how much I got mine for. The price for for the install is average. If you don't like the price, go around to other places and see what price they give you.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbg35x View Post
The module goes to around $90. That's how much I got mine for. The price for for the install is average. If you don't like the price, go around to other places and see what price they give you.
Do you mind telling me what is the exact model of your module..
Is it Xpresskit XK07 or XK09?

I just want to make sure that I am looking for the right one. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolinupblue View Post
I have the 5901 and it cost me $450 installed.
I didnt expect these things to cost so much to install.. I wish it was just an easy DIY that we could all do...
Old 09-30-2010, 11:50 AM
spoolinupblue's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Nov 2009
location: Houston, TX
Posts: 291
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleaded91 View Post
I didnt expect these things to cost so much to install.. I wish it was just an easy DIY that we could all do...
Last time I put an alarm in was 10 years ago....I would not even think to try it today.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2008
location: Texas
Posts: 113
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolinupblue View Post
Last time I put an alarm in was 10 years ago....I would not even think to try it today.
It's not as bad as you think, but hey Im a MECP professional haha. I have the 7901 (5902) on my Yukon currently and plan on pulling it out today and putting it in the G soon. You do need that module, and I would say $200 for install, labor only, would be a fair price. $250 is pushin it, but hey, NO ONE wants to work on an infiniti. Trust me, I'm an installer
Old 09-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2010
location: Surprise, AZ
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The module is required for the install. It actually doesn't bypass anything you will need to have a valet key or another key programed to the car to put in the module.

250 seems high for the install I'm not sure where you are located but pm me if you in the phoenix area and I could help you out.

Btw... Infiniti is just a nissan.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:25 PM
DEEZBLUBALLZ's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: May 2009
location: Bellevue, Ne
Posts: 355
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Disagree. We use I-datalink modules here where I work. You will NOT have to give up a key.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17NickG35 View Post
It's not as bad as you think, but hey Im a MECP professional haha. I have the 7901 (5902) on my Yukon currently and plan on pulling it out today and putting it in the G soon. You do need that module, and I would say $200 for install, labor only, would be a fair price. $250 is pushin it, but hey, NO ONE wants to work on an infiniti. Trust me, I'm an installer
Yeah..I got a call form an installer and he is willing to do it for $250 labor only..I bought the Xpresskit XK09 module for $45 shipped. So in total I would pay $295 to get my 5902 working...

I think the price is still too much, but I dont know how much work needs to be done so I am just gonna close my eyes and pay $295

I am in SoCal...SD to be exact..thanks for the help..
Old 09-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2010
location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 167
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
What year is your G? That will factor in how much it will cost and which module you need.

Also, find out what all they are going to do for that $250. If that includes hooking up window up / down from the aftermarket remote I think that is a fair price. If they are just going to slap in a data module and not provide any features that is a lot to charge. The windows up/down are a pain because you have to run wires in to the drivers door (there is no other way to retain the window control function).

I've never had issues working on Infinitis - they are actually very easy to do remote starts / alarms in (from 03-07 anyway). The only pain is like I mentioned above, going in to the doors for window up / down. You grab tach in the cabin under the passenger dash board and you can even tag a OEM NSS signal at the ECU to safely do remote starts on manuals!
Old 10-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPierson_ View Post
What year is your G? That will factor in how much it will cost and which module you need.

Also, find out what all they are going to do for that $250. If that includes hooking up window up / down from the aftermarket remote I think that is a fair price. If they are just going to slap in a data module and not provide any features that is a lot to charge. The windows up/down are a pain because you have to run wires in to the drivers door (there is no other way to retain the window control function).

I've never had issues working on Infinitis - they are actually very easy to do remote starts / alarms in (from 03-07 anyway). The only pain is like I mentioned above, going in to the doors for window up / down. You grab tach in the cabin under the passenger dash board and you can even tag a OEM NSS signal at the ECU to safely do remote starts on manuals!
Thanks for the heads up.. I will make sure that the window up/down function of the aftermarket remote is included in the price..

I have a 2003 G35 coupe 6MT.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2010
location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 167
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
The '03s are cake - no smart key and no data module required. On my '04 I used a $25 556U from DEI and the valet key that I never planned on using. There are more expensive modules that don't require a key if that is a priority to you.

The only other unusual thing about Infinitis (and Nissans) is that there is a second starter wire - make sure they hook that up as well or you could have intermittent remote start problems in cold weather.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
03 Sedan, Help with Starting Problem chinee G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 15 06-05-2017 03:29 AM
FS[NorCal]: Work VS-MS 19X9.5/10.5 Kz_Ed 19 Inch 23 10-16-2015 11:32 PM
Throwing P1078 code....which route to take? Muski_G G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 10 08-07-2015 09:39 PM
Texasscout The G-Spot 13 07-24-2015 04:43 PM


Tags
5902, bully, car, cost, dayton, dealers, dog, hd, install, installation, installer, ohio, remote, responder, start, starters, viper
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:34 PM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, panoramic-3d.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


turbax wheel repairvehicle dynamic control infinitirays nutsummer tires in rainlight bulb for vanity mirrorhow many quarts of motor oilblox exhausthyatt infinity calgarybridgestone re760 sport review2011 infiniti g35xinfiniti g35 2006 review2005 nissan 350z 0-60cost to replace thermostat housinginfiniti g37 6mtfikse profil 5how to fix sunroof motor2003 nissan altima code p0340exhaust flame thrower kitswhat year did the infiniti g37 come outacura type s rimswalmart windshield wiper fluidg35 fuel economyd2s bulbnt03 wheelshow much does west coast customs costcastrol 10w-30engine restorerdiscount tires mckinneymk3 supra rims3m vinyl wrap canadag35 sedan custom2006 nissan sentra service engine soon lightvolk ce28n weighthow reset airbag lighti monster cassette adaptersuntek reviewcost for struts and shocks to be replacedamuse 350z exhaustaerocatch installwheel alignment rancho cordovamastercraft tool warrantyslap stick shifterreprogram viper remotethrottle body butterflyalign steering wheelfreeway insurance san diegoblack hart rotorsipl infiniti g372006 nissan altima crankshaft position sensor locationhotchkis sway barmegan racing coilovers g353m headlight polishglendaleinfinitionlinetires.com free shippingmomo shifter knobwhat are ccfl headlightsautozone optima yellow topnto3 wheelsactivating xm radio in used car350z stance coiloversautozone mechanicwhere is the camshaft position sensorg37 vs g35installing airbag suspensiong35 impul side skirtsdynomax vt mufflersharbor freight tie rod toolhow much differential fluidgator grip socketsinfiniti rimsbuying a car with 100k milesbendix brakes reviewtang band w69-1042jvarrstoen te37g35 sedan vs g37 sedan