"Can I mod my NAV to play DVDs?" - Page 3 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • "Can I mod my NAV to play DVDs?"

"Can I mod my NAV to play DVDs?"

Old 03-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsokolov
we carry 100% plug and play units no on else does.
You 'carry' them or 'manufacturer' them? Just for clarification do you still claim that PAC buys their video switch from you?
Old 03-23-2005, 03:43 PM
I'm confused. PAC themselves have come on here occasionally and stated that they don't buy from him...

Kevin - I too want to know what the deal is.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:38 AM
I said I manufacture plug and play harnessfor my navigation interfaces that I manufacture
Old 04-01-2005, 02:47 PM
I am working on yet another unit source to allow video to play through the navi screen. It will be a very cost effective solution, compared to the others already mentioned. I am not sure when it will be available, but it will be very soon. If someone has questions, please PM me so that I can follow up. Thanks.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:01 AM
i just bought my g35 and it came with a playstation already hooked up. there is no button or n e thing, are there any buttons i gotta press on the screen to get it to work? please reply
Old 04-20-2005, 12:24 AM
i dont know anything about audio so i dont really understand what you guys are talking about. i'm really interested turning my navi into a dvd player REALLY soon i need exact prices for EVERYTHING i need to hook it up. thanks
Old 04-20-2005, 01:01 AM
Banned
This thread was meant for general information regarding different products to allow your Stock Navi to play DVDs, not specific step by step solutions. Please start a new thread if you want specific information about your car or your desired setup.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:06 AM
HeLP!!!! PleAse RePly

how do i turn off navi to turn on dvd ... like a video 2 button or sumthin ..does n e body kno?
Old 04-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g35kid18
i dont know anything about audio so i dont really understand what you guys are talking about. i'm really interested turning my navi into a dvd player REALLY soon i need exact prices for EVERYTHING i need to hook it up. thanks
Hmm... I'm guessing you didnt read the the second post on page 1 in this thread. I think that's where you should start...
Old 04-28-2005, 04:21 AM
Audio Hook-Up with Satellite Radio?

Hi All,

I've read that the PAC AAI-NIS unit does NOT work if you already have satellite radio. I had an idea to circumvent this, but am not an engineer by any stretch, so was hoping if people could give me their feedback on this...

Can I still use the PAC AAI-NIS unit, but then connect an additional switch for the audio? I was thinking I could connect the DVD Player and the Satellite Radio to a simple audio switch which will then go into the head unit. This would mean that after switching the video signal and changing the audio to Satellite Radio, I'd also have to flip the switch to go from satellite radio to dvd audio. What do you think about that?

Any feedback would be great!! Thanks!
Old 04-28-2005, 05:15 AM
I think it's a possibility, but may require a device that switches several connections. MY PAC-NIS has about 8 wires excluding power, so I speculate at least most of those will need to be switched. It may also depend on how the headunit reads the device. Not sure if it will require that you power down the headunit when switching so it "detects" the hardware. If it's anything like Kenwood headunits, you would need to do this as it does not pick up the CD changer if you plug it in while the headunit is on. You have to turn it off then on again before it shows up. Not sure if our headunits have any issues like this, but something to think about.

Personally, I don't have a need for satellite radio. And I hate the antenna. I'll be going the modded XBox route, which should be going in fairly soon. 320 GB of HD space is a whole lot of movies, games and music.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:08 AM
Banned
I, too, think it will work, but you will need to switch 3-4 wires (I believe its 4, but no sure). Also, the inputs of the Sat receiver is a balanced input, and your DVD player or whatever will have unbalanced outputs, so you will need some sort of converter, in addition to the 4pdt switch.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman23
Hi All,

I've read that the PAC AAI-NIS unit does NOT work if you already have satellite radio. I had an idea to circumvent this, but am not an engineer by any stretch, so was hoping if people could give me their feedback on this...

Can I still use the PAC AAI-NIS unit, but then connect an additional switch for the audio? I was thinking I could connect the DVD Player and the Satellite Radio to a simple audio switch which will then go into the head unit. This would mean that after switching the video signal and changing the audio to Satellite Radio, I'd also have to flip the switch to go from satellite radio to dvd audio. What do you think about that?

Any feedback would be great!! Thanks!

That would work, I had audio entertainment of Pasadena explain the same idea to me when they wanted to pop in the PAC AAI NIS for me and I told them I use my Sirius...all it is is an interuption via switch.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
That would work, I had audio entertainment of Pasadena explain the same idea to me when they wanted to pop in the PAC AAI NIS for me and I told them I use my Sirius...all it is is an interuption via switch.
Have you set this up yet? I'd love to know that it works before I try it!
Old 04-29-2005, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman23
Have you set this up yet? I'd love to know that it works before I try it!

Haven't yet because I dont plan on having Sirius forever, and will go FM mod till that point I go to PAC AAI NIS.