Viper SmartStart - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Viper SmartStart

Viper SmartStart

Old 01-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Viper SmartStart

anyone here rocking one? a friend of mine has one on his car and has a auto start/ car stereo business. thinking of contacting him to see if he'll hook me up with a deal on it(he has in the past). anything you guys can tell me about this thing would be great!

mods, if there's a more appropriate subsection to move this to please feel free, i wasn't sure.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:29 PM
my buddy omar has it for his 6mt coupe.. his sn is jalilig35, shoot him a pm
Old 01-06-2010, 08:08 PM
If you can get a good deal on it, give it a try man. I recently just got my automate start installed and I'm extremely satisfy with it, nothing complicated, simple click and start/stop.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:42 PM
I got the Viper, its excellent! Be prepared to lose a key for your auto-start. Hopefully you have your valet key. If not, make sure to make copies (search forum on how to copy keys).
Old 01-06-2010, 10:06 PM
I have a compustar alarm/remote start and love it! Have had it for 2 years, works Great! Starts my car from 1/2 a mile away! Also has a really customizable alarm, with lots of optional extras.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:04 PM
a regular car start originally sounded great. when i read about the smart start i was astounded. the idea of not having to worry about whether the fob had recieved signal(as long as the car adn the cell both had signal) is simply awesome. however the expense is pretty deep( i haven't contacted my friend about it yet), as i understand it, the smartstart runs at 199 MSRP, and i think it piggybacks on a normal viper starter, so that will run me whatever that runs, plus the smartstart is a subscription service(not expenisve at 30 a year, but something to consider if i have to sink all this money in to begin with. hence why i thought i'd ask.

Pete, what options does your starter have? as far as i know, you can configure some vipers to roll down/up your windows and sunroof, and im sure you can configure it to do your climate as well.

azt108; you can't use your valet to start the car as its not chipped, can you? wouldnt it have to be a smart key?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:51 AM
My starter on it's own doesn't do window rollup, or climate control but I believe that it is either a really inexpensive addon, or it can be done the guy who installed my alarm just didn't know how/want to try. It starts the car, has a little LED keyfob to tell you that its running, how much longer it will run for (25 min by default, can be changed) and you can also set timers for when it will turn on every day, or off. The alarm also has lots of features, like a knock sensor so you can never lock yourself out, if the alarm is tripped it rings on the fob showing you what sensor set off the alarm (windshield, shock, door etc) Theres a valet mode, 2 car capability, turbo timer for you boosted people, theres a ton of features. Here's the product page, and I got mine installed for around $600 (could probably get it cheaper, I just live in the middle of nowhere and he was the only guy who installed alarms
Old 01-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snotf View Post
a regular car start originally sounded great. when i read about the smart start i was astounded. the idea of not having to worry about whether the fob had recieved signal(as long as the car adn the cell both had signal) is simply awesome. however the expense is pretty deep( i haven't contacted my friend about it yet), as i understand it, the smartstart runs at 199 MSRP, and i think it piggybacks on a normal viper starter, so that will run me whatever that runs, plus the smartstart is a subscription service(not expenisve at 30 a year, but something to consider if i have to sink all this money in to begin with. hence why i thought i'd ask.

Pete, what options does your starter have? as far as i know, you can configure some vipers to roll down/up your windows and sunroof, and im sure you can configure it to do your climate as well.

azt108; you can't use your valet to start the car as its not chipped, can you? wouldnt it have to be a smart key?
Your absolutely right, I didn't think of that. I don't have a valet key OR a spare, so it must be the spare in the box that starts my car. Good call!
Old 01-07-2010, 01:47 PM
buy it on ebay and have it installed at the shop. That is what i did ran me up 500$ for everything
Old 01-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azt108 View Post
I got the Viper, its excellent! Be prepared to lose a key for your auto-start. Hopefully you have your valet key. If not, make sure to make copies (search forum on how to copy keys).
With Compustar, you dont lose your spare key for remote start. However, you do have to add $50 for the extra module.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:11 PM
you dont have to lose your key anymore

any newer remote start can bypass your ignition switch
Old 01-07-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm really liking the fact that you will know your car is started with the new starters.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Banned
You don't have to lose your key anymore

There are modules out now that learn the correct transponder code.

They are typically more expensive. You can get the key type on Ebay for around $20 or so - part number 556u. The data type bypasses that don't require a key are usually around $50.

No matter what system you go with you HAVE to buy a seperate bypass - the bypasses are made for specific cars and are not universal and therefore seperate.

I, personally, think the smartstart is just a gimick and isn't worth it. I have a clifford 50.5x and I never have range issues - in fact I wish the range was adjustable because I still accidently start my truck at work without even knowing it!
Old 01-26-2011, 01:33 AM
Feel free to PM me. I work for Directed Electronics and have had the Smartstart in my G35for over a year. I would be happy to set you up with a good installer in your area.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:37 AM
Premier Member
Where is directed electronics?? I'm in south jersey also..