AVN726E installed, night pics - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • AVN726E installed, night pics

AVN726E installed, night pics

Old 10-14-2009, 02:15 AM
AVN726E installed, night pics

Here are two pics of my new Eclipse AVN726E installed. I used this kit and got a back up cam and sirius installed as well.

Here are a couple pics of the unit at night, I'll take some daytime pics tomorrow if anyone wants to see it installed. Pretty sweet system, I am having trouble using the bluetooth audio with my iPhone. Works great in our Mazda CX-9 so I think I need to keep messing with it. Overall I think it is an awesome system. Still messing with it quite a bit.
Attached Thumbnails
AVN726E installed, night pics-650.jpg AVN726E installed, night pics-651.jpg
Old 10-14-2009, 08:48 AM
I just installed the same unit on Saturday and my bluetooth audio works perfectly with my iphone 3g. Do you have the latest firmware installed on your phone? I think bluetooth audio support was activated in firmware 3.0.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:42 PM
I updated my firmware for the phone about a week ago before I put in the unit. My bluetooth for the phone works great so I know the two units are communicating fine, I'll need to read the manual.

My sirius icon is not active even though I put in the unit. Not sure why that is either. Maybe I messed up the setup on the initial install.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:03 PM
where did you guys find the illumination wire? i couldnt find it during my install....
Old 10-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Are you saying the sirius is an extra module you need to buy...doesnt come with the unit? I'm going to be buying this unit in the next couple weeks....

Tell me what else I should know about this unit.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMarshall View Post
Are you saying the sirius is an extra module you need to buy...doesnt come with the unit? I'm going to be buying this unit in the next couple weeks....

Tell me what else I should know about this unit.
I bought an eclipse sirius adapter and module as well. Here is a link to the adapter I bought

I will take pictures of where I installed the sirius antenna. It is at the middle front of my roof at the windshield. The antenna is small so it is fairly stealth.

I put the NAV system antenna in the dash so you can't see it at all. It has good signal strength and works great.

I would try to use a different double din adapter than the one they sell on crutchfield's website because the colors/texture does not match factory at all. I am going to modify my old one and re-do the install so it matches.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Daytime pics

I have added some pictures during the day, looks pretty much factory unless you look really close at the texture of the double din adapter. Since I had only had the car a few days before doing this I wasn't used to the AC control layout so this new one seems to work fine for me.

I included a couple close up shots of the screen too. I installed a backup camera on the car and it works awesome, even at night. My Sirius antenna looks pretty discreet I think. Let me know if you want any more pics at all.
Attached Thumbnails
AVN726E installed, night pics-img_0850.jpg AVN726E installed, night pics-img_0851.jpg AVN726E installed, night pics-img_0852.jpg AVN726E installed, night pics-img_0853.jpg AVN726E installed, night pics-img_0854.jpg

Old 10-20-2009, 10:40 PM
A couple more of the backup cam.
Attached Thumbnails
AVN726E installed, night pics-img_0855.jpg AVN726E installed, night pics-img_0856.jpg AVN726E installed, night pics-img_0857.jpg
Old 10-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Wow...so 13 bills for the stereo and you have to pay an additional 130 for the antenna...kinda sucks. Yeah, I'm planning on getting the JDM double din kit...I hear it's much cleaner. 350 bucks....but cleaner. What are you planning on doing with your existing double din to make it match?
Old 01-23-2010, 08:44 PM
i plan to make the upgrade to this head unit too. can you tell me if your G35 had the premium package or is it just standard? i ask because i have the standard 07 G35 so i do not have the bose speakers, instead i have the standard stock clarions. i wanted to know if you had to install an amplifier or does your AVN726E drive the speakers?

anything bad you can mention about this head unit? any interferance or unwanted noise from it? any info would be appreciated, thank you.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiropaul View Post
A couple more of the backup cam.
Too bad you can't rig it underneath the rear spoiler a la the Lexus IS series.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckymar10 View Post
i plan to make the upgrade to this head unit too. can you tell me if your G35 had the premium package or is it just standard? i ask because i have the standard 07 G35 so i do not have the bose speakers, instead i have the standard stock clarions. i wanted to know if you had to install an amplifier or does your AVN726E drive the speakers?

anything bad you can mention about this head unit? any interferance or unwanted noise from it? any info would be appreciated, thank you.
I had the Bose system and a Bluetooth phone hookup when I got the car used so I think it was the premium package. The eclipse system has a built in eq and will output 50w x 4 max. So it would probably do ok if on stock speakers. But I'd highly recommend an amp and some aftermarket speakers if you really want good sound.

Regarding the head unit itself, I can say after the past few months I have not once regretted my purchase. This is an awesome head unit with a great nav system, Bluetooth audio steams from my iPhone, Sirius hookup, and Bluetooth phone works great. The unit autodims with my headlights and screen brightness is perfect. I'd highly recommend this unit to anyone because it works perfect for everything u need. Even plays DVDs too!

The one thing I wouldn't buy again is a rearview camera. I honestly never look at it and I think in the end it's a waste of time. Maybe if I lived in a more crowded city where I parallel park daily I could see myself needing it more.

If u have anymore questions feel free to ask.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:14 PM
Oh. Regarding interference I have not noticed any issues with interference at all. Like I said this thing works perfect.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiropaul View Post
Oh. Regarding interference I have not noticed any issues with interference at all. Like I said this thing works perfect.
did you do the install yourself? or did you have a shop do it for you? if you did do it yourself, can you tell me if the wiring was any different than a non-navi HU? i have had experience doing an install with a single-DIN alpine a few years back. it was sooo easy since if you just buy the correct wiring harnesses it was pretty much dummy proof. but i hear the navi units have more wires to deal with but if the harnesses take care of it then i this also should be transparent to me. can you confirm?