VIPER 5901 remote start alarm - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • VIPER 5901 remote start alarm

VIPER 5901 remote start alarm

Old 03-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Banned
VIPER 5901 remote start alarm

hi guys, i just recently bought a VIPER ALARM with a remote start. i been searching around and asking alarm shops for labor and their charging me a grip just for labor, so this weekend i decided to install it myself. Quick question i know i have to purchase a TRANSPONDER bypass device but will i have to remove my stock factory alarm just to install this viper alarm i have? or i can just soilder my viper alarm right now with out removing any stock device. please advise thanks
Old 03-18-2009, 05:35 PM
I am looking at installing the same remote start...Everyone wants to charge an arm and a leg, so i am looking at doing it myself. Trying to do as much research as i can before i get into the install....kinda worried about not getting everything connected ( I have installed one in the past on a ford lightning, but i heard the Infinity is a bit hard). Keep us posted and take good notes
Old 03-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
I am looking at installing the same remote start...Everyone wants to charge an arm and a leg, so i am looking at doing it myself. Trying to do as much research as i can before i get into the install....kinda worried about not getting everything connected ( I have installed one in the past on a ford lightning, but i heard the Infinity is a bit hard). Keep us posted and take good notes

We'll its not really hard cause i have all the diagram to install it, i just want to double check on the stock alarm system first before i make my first move too lol. Once i get everything wired up this weekend i will post up a DIY( if im not lazy) lol
Old 03-18-2009, 10:12 PM
you don't have to remove the stock alarm system just disarm it in which case you have to connect those wires anyways. if you have the wiring diagram you're fine
Old 03-18-2009, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g35couture View Post
hi guys, i just recently bought a VIPER ALARM with a remote start. i been searching around and asking alarm shops for labor and their charging me a grip just for labor, so this weekend i decided to install it myself. Quick question i know i have to purchase a TRANSPONDER bypass device but will i have to remove my stock factory alarm just to install this viper alarm i have? or i can just soilder my viper alarm right now with out removing any stock device. please advise thanks

Kevin Pierson is an invaluable asset on that forum as he is on this one, and helped me COUNTLESS times on my r/s installs.

NO, i agree, you do NOT have remove your stock alarm system (I'd be impressed if you could figure out HOW to do so... )

The transponder/immobilizer bypass will allow the r/s to get the engine started, but the disarm/rearm outputs will allow your r/s brain to defeat (disarm) the stock alarm prior to starting the car so that it does not trigger the OEM alarm during remote starting.

Your unit will let your UNLOCK --> REMOTE START --> RE-LOCK ... as a programming option. With the 2003-06 G's .. you'll have to go through this sequence (i.e. enable this programming option) to disarm the factory alarm. I have this on my TL with my compustar r/s and it works fine. Some cars allow you to disarm the factory alarm WITHOUT unlocking the doors, but sadly, i haven't found a way to do this on the Infiniti's (2003-06 models).

I would recommends (highly) this product:

as you won't have to go digging through your door panel to get at the lock/unlock wires --

best of luck -- go slow, test all wires with a DMM, and make sure you have a 6-pack of yer favvy beverage waiting for you in the fridge... you'll need it.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:23 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterUbers View Post

Kevin Pierson is an invaluable asset on that forum as he is on this one, and helped me COUNTLESS times on my r/s installs.

NO, i agree, you do NOT have remove your stock alarm system (I'd be impressed if you could figure out HOW to do so... )

The transponder/immobilizer bypass will allow the r/s to get the engine started, but the disarm/rearm outputs will allow your r/s brain to defeat (disarm) the stock alarm prior to starting the car so that it does not trigger the OEM alarm during remote starting.

Your unit will let your UNLOCK --> REMOTE START --> RE-LOCK ... as a programming option. With the 2003-06 G's .. you'll have to go through this sequence (i.e. enable this programming option) to disarm the factory alarm. I have this on my TL with my compustar r/s and it works fine. Some cars allow you to disarm the factory alarm WITHOUT unlocking the doors, but sadly, i haven't found a way to do this on the Infiniti's (2003-06 models).

I would recommends (highly) this product:

as you won't have to go digging through your door panel to get at the lock/unlock wires --

best of luck -- go slow, test all wires with a DMM, and make sure you have a 6-pack of yer favvy beverage waiting for you in the fridge... you'll need it.
thanks alot for the tip!! i will start this weekend..
Old 03-22-2009, 12:15 AM
I have that alarm installed in my 04 6mt coupe, had it installed "professionally" and i've taken it back at least 5 times. It still doesn't work correctly. It's a great alarm, but just make sure you wire everything right the first or at least the second time or you'll be really mad. It is a great alarm though and has many wonderful features.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:42 AM
usually, a remote start/alarm as reliable as it's installation....
Old 04-22-2009, 05:42 PM
diy

did you ever get around to making a DIY? I am going to put this in my G too. What interface module did you use?
Old 04-22-2009, 08:30 PM
I do this stuff for a living and have for the past 20 years. There's a reason why good shops charge what they do for they're labor...... It's the knowledge they have that allows them to do the job right without doing damage to the alarm or even worse the car. Cars these days are not anywhere near as simple as they used to be. You spent good money on the alarm and you bought a moderately priced highend car so why would you not want to spend the money necessary to have the install done right?
Old 04-26-2009, 05:16 PM
the audiovox flcan data int. / transponder bypass part is the only one i would recommend using. the dei version seems to have alot of data collisions on the data wire causing the auto headlights to not always shut off like they should.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:00 PM
I don't trust anything from audiovox... intially it stopped with phones, then when they were making flipdowns and I had to replace half of them cuz the dvd stopped spinning. that's when I said no to audiovox
Old 04-26-2009, 09:40 PM
yup i tend to agree. the only thing i use from audiovox period is data flcan.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:21 AM
Is there a way to program one of the aux functions on the remote to trigger the homelink button for the garage? Often times I don't drive my car and I only carry the key and remote with me so I end up locked out of my house.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lLord lDan View Post
Is there a way to program one of the aux functions on the remote to trigger the homelink button for the garage? Often times I don't drive my car and I only carry the key and remote with me so I end up locked out of my house.
Not without opening up the mirror and soldering a wire right to the circuit that controls the buttons function, but if you have your car keys why can't you just unlock the car and hit the Homelink button?