Remote Start / Transponder Bypass? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Remote Start / Transponder Bypass?

Remote Start / Transponder Bypass?

Old 12-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Remote Start / Transponder Bypass?

I'm getting ready to install a Compustar 2W900FM-AS into my 2005 Coupe 6MT. My concern is this:

Is a transponder bypass required? What is the purpose of this device (to defeat the chip in the ignition key?)?

The installation part won't be too difficult, but I just need to make sure I need/don't need extra parts. All you techies, let me know.

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:13 PM
The goblin resurrection
is it to make sure the car is not in gear?
Old 12-27-2007, 07:00 PM
1101T Universal Proximity Key Bypass Override Kit

Working ignition key required for operation.
Universal Proximity Key Bypass is a remote start interface used to temporarily override Push to Start ignition systems when installing an aftermarket remote start.

Product Description:
Universal proximity key bypass module is a remote start interface used when installing a remote car starter in a vehicle equipped with a hands free proximity RFID engine immobilizer system. This type of system detects the proximity of the factory remote control and allows engine start up by pushing a button on a dash. Push-to-Start and Smart Key are common terms used to describe this type of proximity ignition system. This unique RFID is detected by a receiver antenna in the vehicle which then sends the ID information to the factory immobilizer for authentication.

Once an authorized ID signal is received, the immobilizer system will enable the ignition and/or fuel management system. If an attempt is made to start the vehicle and the transceiver does not receive a valid code, the ignition
and sometimes the fuel systems are disabled. The immobilizer system effectively prevents remote start up. 1101T provides power to the key and introduces the FOBís authorized RFID only while the Remote Start system is
activated. When the Remote Start system is not in use the integrity of the factory immobilizer system is maintained and is fully functional.

Only problem... do I need the damn thing or not?

Last edited by Keyser16Soze; 12-28-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:53 AM
my installer needed my extra key for my viper remote start. put it in a box that is tied into the alarm. works great.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:53 PM
My brother works for a Honda Dealer that also owns the Infiniti Dealer.

He talked with the dealer techs and was told that I would need the immobilizer bypass.

Here's the solution:
  • Nissan/Infiniti OEM Immobilizer XK07 - about $75, requires no key
  • DEI 1101T - about $40, but requires a key (I can have Infiniti create a dummy, programmed but uncut key for another $14) = total $55-ish.

My dillema is whether to go the key route or not. OEM or not?
Old 12-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Yes these cars have a transponder and you need to bypass it to have it remote started. Fortin makes a bypass that works, its called the CAN-SL2 it does door/trunk sence, tach, hood pin, and transponder...it will not control the factory alarm for that you might be able to add pins into the BCM (im not sure on this car tho) this is what i do for nissan's like the maxima/pathfinder/....
Old 01-19-2008, 09:30 PM