Ok, here is some backround info. I just bought my 2007 g35 coupe about a week ago and im ready to get that stereo going
. I did not get the bose package, so I have that basic stereo without the premium package. Based on that, im hoping for somepne to help me out with some basic questions that I could not find by doing a search, but I really need some help with before I go an buy stuff I dont need.
1. What kind of kit do I need to change the stock face? From just looking at the current stereo setup, it looks like i am going to have to get a whole new face kit to change what I have to an alpine single din face? Is this correct? Will any professional stereo installation store most likely have something like this in stock or atleast be able to get their hands on something lilke that or am i better off just ordering one from an online store and bringing it in? Any suggestions for a non-bose face replacement? I'm looking fir a very "clean" looking stereo without much sticking out.
2. From what I've read, the alpines seem to work the best with the ipods. Any suggestions which alpine face to get? Should I go another route other than alpine for my ipod connection? The ipod connection is most important to me.
3. With the non-bose stereo, can i still get component speakers for the front or is this not possible? I'm looking for something along the lines of the infinity kappa 6.5'' components, but will those even work with my car setup? I dont see anywhere to put the tweeters. Can I even get component speakers or should i just go with the regular 2-way 6.5'' speakers?
There seems to be different infinity kappa component 6.5'' speakers. I see that there are the Infinity Kappa perfect 6.1 as well as the Infinity Kappa 60.7 - Which will fit my car? Any other front speaker suggestions. I like rap, so I lilke it loud and with bass.
4. What do you suggest I do with the rear speakers? What size should I get and are they even worth replacing?
5. Should I buy the 6.5'' spacer from Zenclosure for the fronts? From reading previous posts, it seems like they are absolutely needed to replace the front speakers. What about the rears? Are the rears even worth replacing? Will the Zenclosure spacers even fit the rear?
Anything else that I may be missing? All of this stuff is going to go with my one 10'' solobaric L7, Memphis 16-MC1000D amp, and custome Zenclosure for a 10'' L7. Any input at all is very much appreciated. Please help out to make my stereo sounding the best it can (within reason of course). Thanks!