Does Dynamat really work? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Does Dynamat really work?

Does Dynamat really work?

Old 10-06-2003, 05:48 AM
Does Dynamat really work?

Don't know at this point until I get the door panels reinstalled. There was no way I was going to try to install this stickey stuff myself. Better to have someone who has installed hundreds, than someone trying to do it the first time.
These pictures show how they did the left and right door installs.

The basic problem with many of these installs, is that there is a strong psychological incentive to justify the expenditure. How many times have we read that the "butt dyno" reported this or that. I would bet that a real dyno report would be hard to find to justify many of the claimed improvements. I know, one of my mods was a complete waste of money, and I removed the comment from my tag line.

03G35c/C_Blue/Willow/5AT/Prem/Splash/Garmin SteetPilot III/V1/SAT/XM/18" PermaStar rims w/NITTOs/Borla True Dual Exhaust/Gialla Grille.

Old 10-07-2003, 04:30 AM
Re: Does Dynamat really work?

Now that I have the door panels back on, I can tell you that the Dynamat makes a major difference in the base response. Fortunately, that can easily be adjusted with the Bose unit. I found the base to be emphasized so much that I have reset my base control to - 4.

03G35c/C_Blue/Willow/5AT/Prem/Splash/ SteetPilot 2610/V1/SAT/XM/18" PermaStar rims w/NITTOs/Borla True Dual Exhaust/Gialla Grille.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:05 AM

can someone explain the theory behind how Dynomat improves audio quality?
as far as I can tell, it's suppose to be sound dampening material, meaning that it absorbs sound, either noise from outside or music from inside. how does this make the bass any stronger?

I suppose less reverb would make the sound cleaner? but what else?

Old 10-13-2003, 05:58 AM

The Dynamat installation does make a significant difference, but since I am not an Acoustical Engineer, I would just suggest that you take a look at their site for a full explanation of how this stuff works.

03G35c/C_Blue/Willow/5AT/Prem/Splash/ SteetPilot 2610/V1/SAT/XM/18" PermaStar rims w/NITTOs/Borla True Dual Exhaust/Gialla Grille/Z Intake/Dynamat Door Kit.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:54 AM

Here ya go... ...I just remember someone asking this question on Sounddomain... I hope it helps.

Old 10-21-2003, 12:08 AM

Not sure where i read it from but from my understanding, dynomat will reduce the noise from outside of the door(at high speed). What you basically doing is increasing the sensitivity by about 2db. Increasing the sensitivity by 2 db is alot at high volume. By doing so, your amp doesn't have to work that hard to supply that much power at the same volume. For example, if you were to listen at +10 volume, with dynomat (if properly done) you will probally need to set the volume at +5 or 6. This is done while the car is moving and at high listening volume.

People report about better mid bass, the reason is that the amp is more efficient now. Producing cleaner power at the same volulme.

anyone here with a physics degree please jump in and help us out.

g35mt

Old 10-21-2003, 01:46 AM

If you guys like Dynamat-then you should try Casacde Audios products. Much better quality and better tech support. They can taylor a set up for your vehicle and help you do it in step you can afford.

03.5 Sedan/B. Silver/Prem/Winter/Aero/Tint/Rims
69 Chevelle Hard Top BB/4.11's/Posi
Old 10-21-2003, 04:23 AM

Even though I like to do lots of mods to my car, there are times when it makes sense to leave the install to someone who has done hundreds, rather than try it yourself the first time. This is an excellent example of an install that could really go terribly wrong if you didn't know what you are doing. The adhesive that is used for this stuff is totally unforgiving. Once in place, you would really have a mess on your hands if you tried to move the stuff. Sure it cost more to have them do it, but if they were to make any mistakes, they were past that from prior installs. I wasn't about to mess up with my first install, better let the experts in this case, complete the job.

03G35c/C_Blue/Willow/5AT/Prem/Splash/ SteetPilot 2610/V1/SAT/XM/18" PermaStar rims w/NITTOs/Borla True Dual Exhaust/Gialla Grille/Z Intake/Dynamat Door Kit.