Okay.. this is a working DIY. First I will cover the removal procedures for a 2006 6MT Coupe.
What you will need - A Phillips Screwdriver
A Towel or soft cloth
Okay I tried to take pictures and put notes on them to help.
First you want to remove the clock shroud to gain access to the screw at the top of the Head Unit. (if you have a NAV screen, store it)
1. Pull hard to remove the shroud, I was afraid at first of breaking something, but just PULL towards you, the retaining clips will give. (picture 1)
2. Next you will remove the bottom black piece. (see picture) it too is held by 4-5 retaining clips. The main thing is not to be afraid to break something, just pull!! (picture 2) After this step you can see the screw at the top of the Head Unit.
3. Next put the gear shift into 4th gear. (picture 3)
4. Now you want to grip the base of the shifter trim and pull up. (see below)
6. Now you need to remove the two side trim pieces. Remove two screws (as in photo below) and then pull up on one side of the console base and pull the side trim free. Repeat on other side. THere are also 2 plugs on the bottom trim piece you must disconnect.